[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you kill a surrendering enemy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: surrendeder.png (475 KB, 708x356) Image search: [Google]
surrendeder.png
475 KB, 708x356
Would you kill a surrendering enemy?
>>
probably not i guess
>>
>>30300551
Probably.
I'd likely regret it later in PTSD induced nightmares.
But probably.
>>
>>30300551
Eh. Probably not.
>>
>>30300551
Not if he has a bushy beard and no mustache and a brown middle eastern face.
>>
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>30300590
And if i see sloppy shaving wounds on his face
>>
If there were no means of securing prisoners and transporting them back from the line or men could not be spared for the job.
>>
>>30300551

fuckit, probably a trap, but would depend on SA.

Besides, if they were honorable, they would have already sudokud
>>
File: 031.jpg (564 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
564 KB, 1200x1600
How can we torture him if I kill him outright?
>>
>>30300604
so in OP's pic, you would stab the dude.
>>
>>30300551

depends on the situation, if I'm surrounded by fighting, have no feasible way to maintain the imprisonment of a capture while still being combat effective in a crisis, or I think it's a ploy to buy time for his buddy to get the drop on me yeah I would kill a surrendering enemy
>>
Do enemies these days even get that close that they even can surrender?

Everything I see on youtube is enemy soldiers just shooting from very far away behind tree's or cover and not being able to be seen. Troops tend to just lay down suppressible fire. Typically they also just get bombed or shoot at that distance.

There aren't many videos of stuff up close and personal, and as far as I can tell, no videos where you can actually see them. You get some stuff like throwing grenades into houses but that's it. I'm under the impression its rare to see your enemy these days.
>>
>>30300624
close engagements still happen. Once you whittle down the enemies you gotta move in and clean up what's left, just like how it's always been with guns.

There are no videos of up close battles because real life is not hollywood.
>>
>>30300624
Note, I am referring specifically to American/Canadian/British combat videos.

I know a lot of the middle east war videos get graphic like Syria, Iraq, Egypt and whatnot.
>>
File: p006a.jpg (55 KB, 307x227) Image search: [Google]
p006a.jpg
55 KB, 307x227
Depends.

If it's some poor, fat Italian who just wants to go home and eat lasagna: No.

If it's the Waffen SS bastard that gunned down 3 of my buddies: Fuck yes.
>>
>>30300629
mhm. I can believe they still happen, like I said I can see videos where troops move up to go outflank enemies and mop up.

I'm not even looking for a battle really, mostly just a video where you visibly see a single enemy guy like you see in a lot of the liveleak videos.

From what I've seen yes real life people getting shot is a lot "slower" and less detailed. Sometimes they get a puff of smoke on their body and fall to the ground just like they tripped and you don't tell they were shot until you reroll it and see the gun pointed at them. There's not as much smoke, blood, gore, or recoil as movies would like to say.

But you don't see it in American/British/Canadian war footage. Only amateur camera's from other nations like in Syria or Egypt.

I am wondering whether it's because it just happens no one with a helmet camera has them on at that kind of situation, or that they are moving too fast that it wouldn't work, or whenever they do capture that kind of footage they aren't allowed to release it.
>>
>>30300596
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
depends on the situation
>>
Depends on their nationality and if they had a reputation of doing fucked up stuff to my comrades

For example, if I were a USGI in WWII I'd have no problem shooting surrendering SS, but I wouldn't shoot normal old Wehrmacht who were surrendering.
>>
File: 1464007986608.jpg (42 KB, 574x500) Image search: [Google]
1464007986608.jpg
42 KB, 574x500
>>30300609
THIC
>>
>>30300551
probably not
>>
>>30300551
depends
>>
Being a moral fag, I probably would.

I'm not that high on the moral ground to be a pacifist though.
>>
File: CQB.webm (3 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
CQB.webm
3 MB, 500x400
>>30300624
>There aren't many videos of stuff up close and personal

That's because Western stuff has to be cleared. You want close combat shit you have to get it from third world combat.
>>
>>30300551
Yes. If I could get away with it I would.
>>
>>30300624
Uh what? Get all that shit out of your fucking stupid head m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUmpl4JnDdA
>>
>>30303030
>>
>>30300551
InnaArmy? No, I wouldn't. SHTF scenario? Probably. Was he trying to kill me? If yes, then yes. If bystander, then probably not, just move on.
>>
>>30300551
Yes. I wouldn't expect anything else from them either.
>>
File: Neckbeard.jpg (66 KB, 550x305) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeard.jpg
66 KB, 550x305
>>30300551

No, I would let them live and then they would fight for me just like it is in my Japanese animes.
>>
>>30300551
I'd suck his cock and if he tried to stop it I'd shoot him.

But not fatally, somewhere in the leg area so he stops fighting, softly crying and whimpering as he accepts defeat as his enemy gives him a slowly full eye contact sucking.

When done, I wouldn't even take him prisoner, I'd just leave him to cry in the fetal position traumatized, forever unable to enjoy a blowjob every again without being triggered into PTSD from the trauma I gave him.
>>
>>30300783
Honestly when we were still doing a lot of close quarters fighting, GoPros sucked ass. Buddy of mine had one, and he got about 20 seconds of video before standing next to a 240 firing, which blacked out the video. So he had about 40 minutes of just audio, which was basically him cursing and fucked up gunfire.

From what I understand, around 12, which is when I got out, they started cracking down on what footage got released, and Iraq shut down, so all of the engagement footage was coming out of Afghanistan. Some of our engagements (aside from raids and room clearing) in Iraq were as close as 25 meters, closest I ran into in Afghanistan was around 150.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>30303187
Thanks anon, that's what I'm looking for.
>>
>>30303187
More like this please
>>
>>30300551
If there was any fighting prior to finding him then probably yes. If I just breached a building at random and he is on his knees rifle next to him then probably not. If I knew it was him that was trying to kill me earlier I think I would.
>>
>>30300551
Has no one mentioned cutting his hands off with a machete yet? If he spoke English I'd let him pick what two limbs I'd cut, 1 foot, 1 hand, both hands, etc. I'd do my best to cut it right at where the fingers meet the palm to let him keep some stub, but he'd probably be thrashing and crying so its anyone's guess how haggard it'd turn out.
>>
>>30300551
>>
>>30300551
No, why would I? Even if the enemy wouldn't do the same, it's up to you to be the bigger man.
Plus, the captured prisoners could give your side some valuable intelligence.
>>
>>30300551
Yes.
Unless I was promised shore leave and ice cream.
Then I'd consider sparing the bastard.
>>
>>30300551
Depends on the specific circumstances.
If they are a lawful combatant and I have the resources and allies at hand to successfully detain them, then they live.
If they are an unlawful combatant and I lack the resources to successfully detain them, then they die.
>>
>>30303423
So it is military censorship then.

Wonder what caused them to allowing Iraq videos.
>>
Depends on the circumstances
>>
I don't think I could, it might be one of the guys off /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 714x1260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 714x1260
>>30300551
In honesty, being as jacked as I get in firefights, yes I would.
Wouldn't even have time to think consiously I bet, just shoot the fucking prick.
Tbh this whole thread is cringeworthy, as very few people in here have even been in combat, let alone shot a person, cold blood or not.
>>
What's OPs pic from?

Looks savage. Canadian/Brit stabbing a German with a bayonet. I must know what happens next.
>>
ITT 14yo edgelords with their power fantasies. Enjoy your warcrimes trials.

Executing is allowed but only under certain spesific circumstances so its always better to take it up the chain of command.
>>
>>30300551
Why?

That's what handcuffs and ball gags are for
>>
>>30300551
GIs i wouldn't kill. If you make it known that you take care of your captives, they will be more likely to surrender.

High ranking officers though need to be executed. They are a rallying point for rebellion otherwise
>>
>>30309675
High Ranking Officers are the ones that give up all the infos.

Grunts still think that they're fighting a war to save their homes. If they DO know anything, they'll fight against your torture tooth and nail. High Rankers know it's all bullshit and are fighting the war until they can go home (no matter who wins) and collect their paycheck. They'll hand over the keys to their skunkworks for a slab of corn-fed Nebraskan Angus steak.
>>
>>30309705
That's an interesting point. I wouldn't kill either of them then, unless I've already won and i didn't make a deal with them
>>
>>30300551
That's a dumb question
>>
>>30300551
It really depends
>war with actual humans from places like Russia, Finland, Canada, or some other first world country where the people are drafted and taken from their families
Nope. Unless there is widespread executions, torture, or proof they are inhumane by them, I wouldn't. It's not the right thing to do.
>war with ISIS scumbags after they showed they are willing to torture and execute people for fun
I'd make the death quick, but I wouldn't let him live.
>>
>>30310032
To expand, only if I was in a large group and they completely laid down their arms would I accept surrender, and most people wouldn't unless they know their war was lost.
>>
>>30300551

Oh, I don't know. It's not as if they're trained to surrender, infiltrate, and wreak havoc. No, not at all.

Prisoners on the large scale are liabilities. Only on the small scale and with absolute pussy opponents do they do anything for you.
>>
>>30303154
that was really lame desu
>>
>>30300551
WITNESS ME!
>>
>>30303154
This doesn't look like combat. I'm pretty sure he's just capping unarmed guys.
>>
>>30303365
So your plan is to punish the enemy by suck their cocks?
>>
>>30300551
most definately, they were just shooting to kill you and your buddies
>>
>>30300551
Unless it looks like there's a 90% chance he's got a suicide vest on, then no. Secure him, hand him off to S-2, then roll on.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.