[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Russia and US still get away with the sales of Cluster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: BLG-252.jpg (13 KB, 601x247) Image search: [Google]
BLG-252.jpg
13 KB, 601x247
How can Russia and US still get away with the sales of Cluster Bombs?

I know that both are military superpowers, but still, i think the world could pressure them to stop.
>>
File: Let_8bea3c_1486839.gif (957 KB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
Let_8bea3c_1486839.gif
957 KB, 288x198
>>30299983
>>
>>30299983
>I know that both are military superpowers
>i think the world could pressure them to stop.
See >>30300125
>>
File: laughing birds.gif (2 MB, 270x138) Image search: [Google]
laughing birds.gif
2 MB, 270x138
>>30299983
>pressure russia and the us to stop using cluster munitions
>>
>>30299983

>How can Russia and US still get away with the sales of Cluster Bombs?

Because they havent signed the treaty to ban cluster bombs?

>but still, i think the world could pressure them to stop.

>The world.
>Able to pressure both America AND Russia at the same time.

ha ha. The only real military power who could possibly pressure both (China) hasnt signed the treaty aswell.
>>
Hey guys, we should stop or the UN will pass a resolution saying that we are a bunch of meanies, and maybe even the EU will write a sternly worded letter.
>>
Oh and here is the overview of countries who ratified it (Purple) and who signed it but havent ratified it yet (Blue).
>>
Considering the alternatives are nukes... the world is fine with cluster bombs
>>
>>30300211
>Considering the alternatives are nukes

No

Not even fucking close
>>
>>30300218
No one uses large scale bombing raids for area damage any more.

Cluster bombs provide a decently massive, yet non radioactive kill zone.

You areny going to pressure anyone to stop using them, especially since yes... the alternatives would be nukes.

No one is going to go back to old air raids and carpet bombing runs. It isnt cost effective.
>>
>>30299983
>How can Russia and US still get away with the sales of Cluster Bombs?

Why shouldn't they be able to make/use/sell cluster munitions?
>>
>>30299983
>sales
Who buys them?
Also considering neither of them signed the agreement, they are not breaking any words or agreements and will continue to use clusterbombs 100% legally.

Also how you would you even pressure them to stop? The only entities that could pressure Russia, US, or China for the matter is each other and neither of the three are interested in the agreement. So who's going to do it? The UN?
>>
>>30300256
At no point is someone going to go from "we need to bomb these five buildings, lets use a nuke"

There's no logical progression from that.
>>
>>30300350
how about a small one :^)
>>
>>30300314
Off the top of my head?

Syria and Saudia Arabia. Salon won't stop crowing about how the Saudi's are using cluster munitions sold by the US in Yemen.
>>
>>30300350
They do if they need to flatten a major industrial area or urban center. You can either use hundreds of bombers with conventional bombs, a handful with cluster bombs or one with a nuke.
>>
>>30300397
>Salon

Why are you giving them clicks?
>>
>>30300403
M8, cluster bombs are used tactically as anti personelle or anti vehicle weapons, or strategically as area denial. No one uses cluster bombs to hit strategic targets like industrial areas
>>
File: More of this shit....jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
More of this shit....jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>30300256
>cluster bombs are a conventional alternative to nukes
>>
>>30300403
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-82
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast
>>
>>30300173
>China as a military power
>Being able to bully the US into doing anything
>Much less both Russia and the US

Come on now.
>>
because who the fuck is going to stop them?
>>
>>30300617

Exerting pressure =/= bullying.
>>
>>30300856
>forcing people to do something against their will by threat of force
Bullying is the least egregious of the things that fit that definition.
>>
>>30300314
The U.N. and they're american army
>t. Dave Chappelle
>>
>>30300200

i.e. nobody that matters.
>>
>>30299983
Shall not be infringed
>>
>>30299983
Fuse reliability has improved dramatically since the 80's
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.