[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best deadly booby traps I can easily put around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: cartridge_trap.jpg (223 KB, 1696x1336) Image search: [Google]
cartridge_trap.jpg
223 KB, 1696x1336
What are the best deadly booby traps I can easily put around my house. Can I get into trouble if someone dies/is injured?
>>
>>30296088
it's illegal to booby-trap your property.
>>
>>30296097
Why? I am literally using it to defend my home.

I just want something that can be activated when I'm not around/awake.
>>
>>30296103
Get a dog, set up cameras, motion activated lights/cameras etc. Setting up booby traps around your house is illegal, and may have unprecedented consequences (kids messing around on your property, a dog running around etc. getting their legs blown off).
>>
>>30296127
How is a motion activated camera going to stop somebody from stealing everything or raping/killing me? Better just have a Vietnam Bear Trap and prevent all that.

Even a dog, unless it has be specifically trained, can be easily bypassed/intimidated.
>>
>>30296103
>Why?
Jesus think for like one second

Mailmen/Gas Company/Utilities/Cable Guy for starters
Rando children running around
People's pets

Now think for a second second, if it were legal and acceptable the average neighborhood would be like a fucking minefield

just be a normie and get ADT or a camera or somesuch
>>
>>30296088
that wont work OP the bullet needs a barrel to travel down, otherwise it's just weak as shit. Maybe if you filled the surrounding bamboo with gunpowder or gasoline or something so you can do some damage
>>
>>30296137
you cant use deadly force to protect your property. if the nigger stealing your tv get outside with it, you cant shoot him in the back. well you can, but the law wont back you up.

you can use deadly force to protect your life. this is why you shoot the nigger BEFORE he makes it outside.
>>
>>30296137
"I just want something that can be activated when I'm not around/awake"
There you go, if someone steals all your shit when you're gone, you have plenty of proof, and an alarm og lights might be enough to scare them off.
If you're not awake, it will alert you so you can grab your shotgun and prepare for the worst. I take it that you do own a shotgun or some firearm since you own property and post on /k/.
>>
File: US_Marines_launch_SURC_2007.jpg (883 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
US_Marines_launch_SURC_2007.jpg
883 KB, 3000x2400
>>30296151
or you could, you know, keep the valuables in a safe deposit box, and insure the contents of the home...like grown-ups do...
>>
>>30296162
Unless you're in Texas.

The key difference is discriminatory vs non discriminatory. You can tell the difference between the mailman and a robber. Your punji sticks cannot
>>
>>30296162
I don't know if that's actually true. Castle doctrine states allow for defense of life and property in your own home. Thus allowing the use of deadly force to keep your property from being stolen.
>>
>>30296142
>people's pets
They need to be kept on a leash in the city.
>Rando children running around
Yeah, because people using children to help break into places is soooo unheard of.
>Mailmen/Gas Company/Utilities/Cable Guy
They are not going IN the house. And, if they are, I am letting them in.

>>30296164
But then I may be dead, so it doesn't matter.

>>30296174
Should I sleep in a safety-deposit box? How does that protect my life?
>>
>>30296186
Get a tall fence with spikes if you fear for your life.
>>
>>30296215
>Tall fence with spikes
And I might as well put up a big sign that says "Bad guys please go away."
>>
File: MississippiGoneTrippin.jpg (109 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MississippiGoneTrippin.jpg
109 KB, 800x600
>>30296226
Jeez. Ok, I advice you to set up a minefield around your house. And invest in a good rocking chair so you can sit on your porch all night with your shotgun yelling at cars driving by. And make sure to have pic related in your house...

Get an alarm and a gun, goddammit.
>>
File: 1463260279694.png (281 KB, 695x572) Image search: [Google]
1463260279694.png
281 KB, 695x572
>>30296088
>Can I get into trouble if someone dies/is injured?

Yes, you can fucking get in trouble for this.
Shit, people are explaining to you why it's illegal and you're arguing with them? Wew lad.

Even if it functions as intended, the police are going to figure out what you did and you WILL go to prison, no matter how good your lawyer is or how good you think your arguments are.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>30296291
But, then why should I have a gun? Isn't it the same sort of deal?

If someone breaks into my house, and I shoot them, that's fine in the eyes of the law. But, if someone breaks into my house, and my house shoots them, that's not?

Why are guns ok, but booby trapping not?
>>
Nice try, ATF.
>>
>>30296306
Because you can choose your target with guns, not with booby traps.
>>
My dad's windows are rigged such that they can be opened easily enough, but when someone tries to crawl through they put weight on the sill, which will drop a hatchet.

I solved it by not living in a house at all, but in a condo on a very high floor. If anyone comes through the front door unannounced, then I know they're up to no good and they meet their fate.

If they're Spiderman then they could come through a window. In that case my defenses are probably useless.

I'd hate to have to defend a whole house though.
>>
>>30296088
a tall, solid fence with a ditch behind filled with thorn bushes. lockable gates, automatic lights & cctv. visible from the street alarm boxes & signs saying cctv/security response. All things to make the crrimnal move on to the house teo doors down with the key under a plantpot or the open window.
>>
File: Dog-Shoot.jpg (61 KB, 432x648) Image search: [Google]
Dog-Shoot.jpg
61 KB, 432x648
>>30296137
>Even a dog, unless it has be specifically trained, can be easily bypassed

I don't own dogs, but i've never met a dog who hasn't lost it's shit barking over almost every tiny minuscule thing. Chipmunk in the yard? Barking and growling. People walking on the shoulder across the street? Barking like fucking crazy. Can't even see something? Barking/weird behavior for now relevant reason. Even stupid ass little Pomeranian. The only threat a dog wouldn't be effectively capable of alerting you of would be the alphabet soup blasting your door down and popping ol' yeller before he can get two barks off.
>>
>>30296464
Right, a dog can act as an alarm, but that's it. A dog, no matter how big and strong, cannot repel an attacker. Unless the dog is properly trained, you can distract or intimidate it.

And even as an alarm, a dog gives off a lot of false-positives.
>>
>>30296103
Just listen, it is illegal, just don't do it.
>>
>>30296088
>Can I get into trouble if someone dies/is injured?
Yes you retard.
>>
>>30296103

This is one of those situations where if you can't figure it out for yourself, you're going to have to accept "because" as an answer from the grown-ups.
>>
>>30296186
Also, you or a friend or family or girlfriend are wayyyyy more likely to set off a booby trap than any criminal who's out for your life or whatever.

>that is if you ever have friends or a girlfriends, which is unlikely
>in your case it might be a boyfriend
>>
File: 330px-Van_Buren_journey.jpg (31 KB, 330x259) Image search: [Google]
330px-Van_Buren_journey.jpg
31 KB, 330x259
>>30296088
/o/tist here
Would OPs pic work? Just stepping o the bullet is enough pressure?(I understand the nail/anything solid as a firing pin,just that as a youngling I saw my friend throw a .22 on the sidewalk,pile of rocks so many times and nothing.Which is a good thing for me,but bad thing for society as he also survived and reproduced.)

tl;dr Is walking foot pressure enough fo OPs pic to fire teh bullet?
>>
>>30296103
Because you don't want to hurt that sad low rent fagget that want pillage your stuff to feed his senpai, cause he had a hard and poor upbringing. I wish I could boobytrap my home too
>>
>>30296175
Man you guys are lucky, with I could cap a mother fucker that "wondered" in to my property
>>
>>30296186
>fire at your house
>fire department kicks your door in to check for people who needs help
>get their legs blown of by OP's home made trap
That's why fuckwit.
>>
>>30297795
I guess if the criminal jumped on it or was running, otherwise I doubt it.
>>
>>30296306
seriously if you cant figure this shit out by yourself then you should go back to living with mom.
>>
>>30297194
>a dog, no matter how big and strong, cannot repel an attacker

You haven't seen a lot of large and aggressive dogs in your probably very short time on earth, have you
>>
>>30297194
In b4 police dog footage
>>
>>30296088
>What are the best deadly booby traps I can easily put around my house.
Not the one in your pic. Primers don't work like that
>>
>>30296306
You are beyond retarded.
>>
>>30297833
Nice lisp.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.