[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just made my own grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 20160615_144301.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160615_144301.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
All you need is

Bicycle inner tube (mountain bike inner tubes are thicker and work well for large framed guns. road bike inner tubes are better for the small guns)

chalk or talcum powder (for steel frame guns to protect against rust in the first layer of rubber tubing)

tape (duct, electric, even that paper masking tape)

Directions for steel framed pistols to prevent rusting

Just measure how long you want the grip and cut out 2 identical pieces

Lightly coat the inside with the powder or chalk

Slide onto frame

Now use the tape to cover the bicycle tubing rubber to get your own custom width and finger pull length ( I like thick grips, they give my support hand more purchase ) It doesn't need to be perfect. .. yet.

Once you get it close to what feels good you can now slide on the second layer of tubing over your tape wounds

If you want it thicker or even want to remove excess tape just roll down the inner tube like a condom, work, and roll it back up

Now you have custom grips. 2 layers of rubber and chalk to fight against any sweat buildup/rust

For polymer pistols you can skip the first steps and go straight to tape wounding.
>>
File: 20160615_144318.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160615_144318.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>
>>30286596

That is ugly as fuck.
>>
>>30286596
gripzone is cooler
>>
>>30286596
>>30286613
me too, check it out
>go to amazon
>find grip you like
>add to cart

and as a plus, you can actually conceal it!
>>
Not sure if genuinely autistic or bait
>>
Nice obesity hands, fatty.
>>
I can see using an inner bike tube but why make it so fucking fat?

Something something less is more something something

You went overboard with that shit son!
>>
>>30286696

He used tape to get his desired thickness, then slapped another tube on top of that.....90% sure he inserted it into his ass after that.
>>
File: 20160615_150456.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160615_150456.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
OP here. I first bought Hogue Handalls. They were ok. A marked improvement from the stock grips. I love palm swells. But they were still to thin. Went online and heard people talk about inner tubing. Made these and they're twice as good. And I can customize the width of it by just rolling down the inner tube and adding/removing thickness

More leverage on the gun, more purchase for my support hand and my shots are rock steady.

Heres my 1st day at the range with them on at 10 yards. About ~80 rounds

Hitting high because my sights are tuned for longer ranges.

I am satisfied

This is only my 5th time shooting a pistol btw
>>
File: 20160615_151821.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160615_151821.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
my hands arent that big
>>
>>30286951
>backwards watch

lmao just *ff yourself my bro
>>
File: jessica_hook_ladyhawk_web.jpg (302 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
jessica_hook_ladyhawk_web.jpg
302 KB, 640x960
>>30286788

That really cool and all but the only problem with it is such a device is so far beyond the typical limits of most mods that it starts to look a little "crutchy", which is why most people give such negative feedback. Most shooters are focused on fundamentals and versatility, having the skills down to adapt to different stock grips and triggers. I think it boils down to two outcomes really, either 9 out of 10 guys can pickup this bloated grip, shoot better groupings, and go "well fuck this fat ass grips looks retarded but is comfy as hell ill take two. OR literally nobody will be able to shoot that monstrosity except you, so you never have to be worried about getting shot with your own handgun just short of barrel in mouth.
>>
File: 1459062218761.jpg (63 KB, 440x641) Image search: [Google]
1459062218761.jpg
63 KB, 440x641
>>30286788
OP here. That's actually 12 yards not 10.

>>30286998
Never thought about it that way. Thanks.
>>
>>30286613
I wasnt quite sure what I was looking at here based on the thumbnail.
>>
>>30287635
It's the backstrap area of the grip. I was trying to show the contour of the palm swell built up by the tape woundings underneath the rubber

Im going to try adding some grip tape to areas to see if I can get even more traction

I live in a tropical climate near the ocean and my hands get pretty clammy too
>>
>>30286788
>10 yards
>Hitting high because my sights are tuned for longer ranges.
your hitting high cause that fatass rubber blob fucked up the grip angle and the gun sits in your hand weird
>>
>>30287676
Its actually 12 yards as indicated by a previous post and my sights are set for a longer distance as I also indicated in the post you are referring too.

I was stuck shooting there and not the 20 yard range because they were having classes
>>
>>30286788
So during your 80 rounds you didn't think one or twice to adjust for the distance to place the rounds on center of the target?

You're the operator and you must make adjustments to how you're using your equipment to give yourself the best performance. Not "lol my sights are tuned for a different distance so it's not my fault that I didn't put my rounds dead center"

So what you're saying is that you won't get perfect dead on shots unless you're at your predefined distance?

Realistically you should have had two or three shots before you adjusted and the rest should have been on target. I just can't fathom how you didn't try to compensate shooting high.

Ya I'm hating
>>
>>30287768
I dont chase my shots. I think its bad practice. I just held at the center and fired. I do this to check my groupings which is something I find far more valuable than "hitting a bullseye" at varying ranges.

I also dont tune my sights every time I shoot at a different range. I think thats just retarded imo. Is that what you do?
>>
>>30287768
>So what you're saying is that you won't get perfect dead on shots unless you're at your predefined distance?

Oh, I got you. No, if my intent was to blow out the bullseye and not check the groupings im getting with the new grips I can assure you it would just be a matter of aiming lower
>>
Heres another one I made

>x2.125lel

I'll let you all know when I add some grip tape for that super autismo combat grippin'
>>
File: 20160615_170734.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160615_170734.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>30288153
Forgot pic
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.