[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ newfag here, never owned a gun but always wanted an AR15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Sup /k/ newfag here, never owned a gun but always wanted an AR15 a4 or some similar shit.With all this reckless faggotry going on in Florida and such is the time to buy the gun now before strict regulations come out? I live in California if that makes a difference, thanks all
>>
>>30285391

>I live in California
You poor fool. If only you knew.
>>
>>30285391
>I live in California
molon labe
>>
>>30285426
>>30285439
please let me know anons, i know fuckall about gun laws and just want to own a gun iv'e been wanting to shoot since being a kid
>>
>>30285443
tl;dr you're fucked in the ass with a running chainsaw on gun laws. Consider moving.
>>
>>30285459
to my understanding an ar15 is currently legal in CA no,what's the issue?
>>
>>30285474
Sure, a stripped lower is legal.
But there are so many feature restrictions and magcap limits that you're better of with a Remington 700 for 7400.

I used to have a flowchart for il/legal in CA but its been out of date since they change the laws every fucking week.
>>
>>30285474
Bullet buttons, higher than 5 or 10 round mags are banned
no shoulder things that go up, no collapsable stock
etc etc

Some of them have to actually be partially taken down to reload because the magazine is quite literally welded into the magazine well
>>
>>30285391
>I want a gun
>I live in CA

You might aswell give up your dream or move.
>>
>>30285494
>>30285512
>you're better of with a Remington 700
fuck that noise, so the main concern is a small clip? That doesn't bother me too much also i don't mind the fixed stock
>>
>>30285521
Do you also not mind a pistol grip, or muzzle device?
Or the ability to change mags?
>>
>>30285521
Magazine you faggot.
Clips are a separate thing entirely.

And no, the problem is taking out the rear takedown pin, pivoting the upper reciever off of the lower reciever, loading 5 rounds, then closing, pinning, charging, possibly using FA, then firing 5 WHOLE FUCKING ROUNDS before you start again
>>
>>30285535
I like the stock layout of the gun, i would have no plans of changing appearance.
>>30285553
wtf is this shit a new way of loading these types of rifles?
>>
>>30285566
Stock ARs are illegal in CA.
You have to get special neutered versions.

Also, its called a fixed magazine if you want to avoid the feature restrictions.
>>
File: 1437573754148.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1437573754148.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>30285585
>its called a fixed magazine if you want to avoid the feature restrictions.
>>
thought it was a 10rd mag that was legal in CA...
>>
>>30285566
it's a thing that happened in california because having a magazine release is too dangerous because it allows for non-stop warfare etc etc.
So they welded the magazine into the well.
So you have to partially takedown to reload.
It's not like that on every one, mind you. There are ways around it i think.
Best bet is finding a non cucked state though.

Or get a mini 14
It's the same fucking gun, just with wood furniture and less scary black
>>
>>30285606
There's also the Mini Thirty if you hate yourself and want to shoot AK ammo out of a California gun.
>>
>>30285606
>So you have to partially takedown to reload.
what do you mean by this? like disassemble?
>>
File: top kik.jpg (397 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
top kik.jpg
397 KB, 720x1280
>>30285623
I'll be honest, I'm just meme'ing off the horror stories i've heard of commiefornia guns.

I don't actually know what their laws and restrictions are.

OP you should probably look it up if you want to know what the actual laws are.
>>
>>30285653
Pop takedown pin and split in half, gets you access to the top of the magwell.

Have you never seen an AR before?
>>
>>30285653
Yes.
I forget exactly how to field strip an AR platform, but it's really simple, to the point of you take out both takedown pins and the upper and lower come apart, leaving you free to get at the bolt and trigger assemblies. for cleaning, clearing, etc.
>>
>>30285656
not really no, as stated above i'm just a newfag that wants a gun iv'e been wanting since childhood. I figure now is the best time before shits all illegal, because i hear something along the lines of if you owned the gun before a new regulation or law you are except or somthing, might be bullshit idk
>>
>>30285693
exempt*
>>
>>30285693
>i hear something along the lines of if you owned the gun before a new regulation or law you are except or somthing

California likes to play this game "Registration before confiscataion" Where they make something illegal, but if you currently own it its ok, youre 'grandfathered' in, but you just have to register that you own it.

Then a year or so later they make possession illegal and use the registration list to come to your door and take it by force.

Happened with the SKS rifles in the early 90s...

Go watch some youtube videos on how the AR operates.
Go make a friend with an AR.
Learn all you can about the rifle before you purchase.

Welcome to /k/, get the fuck out.
>>
>>30285726
>Then a year or so later they make possession illegal and use the registration list to come to your door and take it by force.
>Happened with the SKS rifles in the early 90s
can america ever be great again?
>>
File: C aliforniaFlag.png (9 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
C aliforniaFlag.png
9 KB, 1024x512
>>30285391
Thank god I don't actually live there.
>>
>>30285754
>can america ever be great again?
We'd need a federal law to strike down all state level gun laws at once and preempt future new ones, as well as repealing the NFA and MG ban.
>federal minimums, federal minimums everywhere
>antis on suicide watch
>>
>>30285757
what state is best for arms? texas?arizona?nevada?
>>
>>30285776
Vermont.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.