[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ar magazines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
What are the most reliable and durable magazines for the ar platform? I want something that feeds 556 and 300blk reliably and I'd like to pick some 30 end mags up while traveling in PA to take back home to the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland-istan
>>
>>30284112
As a magpul only guy, Lancer L5 AWM.

In before the shitshow.
>>
PMAGs are the gold standard but Lancer L5 AWMs are gaining a lot of popularity
I personally really like the HK MR556 trasparent polymer mags but you're going to be paying a premium for them
USGI aluminums are also great, Brownells makes an excellent one with Magpul followers pre-installed.
>>
File: 1425527929115.png (209 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1425527929115.png
209 KB, 500x381
>>30284112
>>
>>30284112
thermold
>>
How are the C products aluminum magazines?
>>
>>30284163
Rattle trap trash. I have ~30 that I use as trainer mags. Don't be a poorfag. Especially when D&H mags are at PSA for 6.95 a piece all the time.
>>
>>30284163
The only time my AR has ever jammed is when a round in a C Products 20rd mag somehow went nose-up. If I replaced the follower it'd probably be fine, but why bother? Good for clearing malfunction drills at the range I guess.
>>
>>30284112
I bought ten transparent HK mags from botach a while ago. They feed smooth and function flawlessly. And they were ten dollars a piece. That said, they are a bit bulky compared to pmags. But it's nice to see how many rounds remaining, easier than a windowed pmag. And it's not like they are glass clear and an enemy can see. I don't believe that's a valid worry anyway, but I read a thread where someone bitched about it
>>
File: 1452483539766.jpg (110 KB, 800x628) Image search: [Google]
1452483539766.jpg
110 KB, 800x628
>>30284112
Magpul PMAGS.
Any other answer is wrong.
>>
Magpul, Lancer, Hexmags
>>
>>30284421
These 3 seem to be the consensus. Might go with her mags cause be hey look the sexiest
>>
>>30285139
Hex*
>>
>>30285139
DON'T
>>
D&H mags.

You can buy one for 7.99 from PSA (6.99 on frequent sales days) or 8.99 from BCM.

Buy em cheap and stack em deep.

My HD rifle is stocked with a 40 round PMAG and some Lancers as spares, but for plinking, range time, fun time or as an investment strategy, 30 round aluminum mags with magpul followers are plenty reliable.
>>
>>30285139
Hex is shit tier bro. People buy them for looks (as you are). That should tell you all you need to know. Just buy magpuls like everyone else instead of trying to be a snowflake.
>>
>>30285139
Hex mags are terrible. Magpul, Lancer, HK steel or quality USGI aluminum with the Magpul followers.
>>
>>30286139
>H&K steel mags
Known to be complete shit. Not withstanding their 10lb weight increase. But yes everything else you said was accurate.
>>
>>30285139
>Magpul
By all means, nothing wrong with the gold standard non-USGI AR mag
>Lancer
I'm_magpul_but_better.png
>Hexmags
Don't. The third member of the Big 3 is a USGI mag with a Magpul follower.
>>
>>30284112

I love my PMAGs but it's hard to beat a modified USGI
>>
>>30285853
I just snagged ten of these. Even if one is bad it's still a solid deal.
>>
>>30286156
>Known to be complete shit.

Source? I know they are heavy, but I've heard from credible sources that they work well. If you know otherwise I'd like details.
>>
What about those CAA mags outta Israel? They feel pretty good to me
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.