[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nordic Combat Uniform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: lataus.png (7 KB, 374x135) Image search: [Google]
lataus.png
7 KB, 374x135
>The Nordic Combat Uniform System (NCU) is an all service (army, navy, air force, home guard and special forces) combat uniform system for male and female soldiers. It is an inner to outer combat uniform system (from top to toe), which is functional in worldwide operations.

We're getting a new uniform in 2020 and it's going to be common with the other Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden). In the Finnish news it was told that the new uniform will be 100% combat-oriented, so it won't look as pretty as the current uniforms and it won't be used in garrisons, parades, on leave or anywhere similar. Current plan seems to be that each country will keep their own camo.

So, discussion about the NCU.
>>
>>30282379
>functional in worldwide operations

Confirmed for yet another Multicam variation.
>>
>>30282384
Depends on the country, which came they want to use. We will continue using M05.
>>
>>30282384
Countries will keep their own camouflage pattern.
>>
>>30282384

"Multicam" is not a uniform design. It's a camouflage pattern.

OP's post is about a uniform design.
>>
>>30282379
>discussion
You literally gave us no information whatsoever about how this uniform actually looks or what it is like.
>>
>>30282567
There isn't much to tell at this point about the actual uniform, because it hasn't been designed or purchased yet.
>>
5 bucks says it'll be a slightly tweaked copy of the ACU cut.
>>
>>30282611
Sort of like how every modern helmet just happens to look like MICH
>>
>>30282603
>because it hasn't been designed yet
It's not even designed and is already scheduled for adoption?
>>
>>30282379
So the FULL range of military clothing needs is supposed to be developed by one company, for four very different armies with very different operations? When clothes make up a fraction of the costs of an army, to the point where most soldiers in actual combat buy their own stuff?
>>
>>30282611
I think that it's going to be something a little more suitable for Nordic environment.

>>30282618
Yep. They have the requirement confirmed and are now in the RFI phase. ITT and RFQ should be in December, test period is October 2017 - April 2018 and the contract signing is in December 2018.
>>
>>30282603
>because it hasn't been designed or purchased yet.

Then what's there to discuss?

>>30282618
>It's not even designed and is already scheduled for adoption?

Yes, dumbass.

They decided they needed a new uniform and have already allotted the space in the budget for it.

Defense departments don't buy shit like you do when you go to Wal-Mart. In their world, they make 'Wal-Mart' come to them and sell them something when they decide they need it.
>>
>>30282658
Actually the Nordic militaries are very similar in their core and all of them have basically the same missions in similar environments. There's national defense in Nordic environment and then there are occasional peacekeeping operations in some desert country.

>>30282667
>Then what's there to discuss?
What the uniform should be like, what it will end up being, politics of such a project and naturally there will be angry grumbling about how we should just buy superior American products, how Nordic countries are irrelevant and so forth.
>>
>>30282667
Wouldn't it be prudent to first design it, then put it to trial and THEN start buying? I understand there's already a budget for it (if they think they need a new uniform) but they're putting a lot of faith in this one project by this one designer.
>>30282720
IIRC finland has conscription while the others have professional armies. There are also certain differents in environment. And as I said, apparel is very cheap and very modular. If individual soldiers already get their own gear and do well with it, why unify it among several armies?

Also, if you want future uniform discussion, good idea, but maybe start the thread in that vein then.
>>
>>30282753
Denmark and Norway also have conscription, although it's not as extensive as it's here in Finland. Sweden doesn't have conscription anymore but you can still do your voluntary service and they also have the home guard. There are some differences in the environments and that's why every country will keep their own camo unless someone invents some pattern that works for everyone. Also, most individuals don't buy much own gear here and mostly use what's issued. We don't have much money, because of our small populations, so this should be financially smart.

I posted just about everything that's known about the project currently. I don't think normal people need special guidance to talk to each other.
>>
>>30282815
>I don't think normal people need special guidance to talk to each other.
>normal people
reddit is that way
>>
>>30282753
well first of all norway also has conscription, but how does conscription affect the needs of a combat uniform?

and no, the environments are not very different
>inb4 finland has muh swamps
>norway has muh coast and mountains
we just need something that breathes well on the hot summers and keep us warm and dry during winters, it's not THAT complicated

I kind of agree that OP is way too early with this thread though, it's nothing to discuss
>>
File: b01.jpg (40 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
b01.jpg
40 KB, 722x349
>>30282817
Oh, right. I forgot to post memes.
>>
>>30282820
>it's nothing to discuss
It's news and news are always worth discussing.
>>
>>30282854
we need some substance to discuss it
>>
>>30282864
Do I have to provide everything? The currently known facts are told, it's also known that for example the current M05 uniform isn't suitable for combat, there's a new combat shirt being issued to some units, special forces have been seen testing Crye uniforms, etc. Is this like that Monty Python sketch, where the waiter has to help a retired couple have a discussion in a restaurant?
>>
>>30282753
>Wouldn't it be prudent to first design it, then put it to trial and THEN start buying?

No, you idiot.

Christ, you are like a child. I am astounded that you even need to have this explained to you.

"Nordic Combat Uniform" is not the name of an existing product. It is the placeholder name for the future product, whatever it is, that the defense department has ordered to be designed, manufactured, and delivered.

It's like when you say "I need to get groceries". You don't already have the groceries. You haven't even decided what groceries to get yet. You just know that you need to get some food because your fridge is empty.

Your dogged, autistic insistence on making this more complicated than it needs to be is a feature of your personality that you need to eliminate.
>>
>>30282945
You could half your post without the namecalling desu.
Also
>>30282663
reveals there is indeed a trial phase, which I assume includes the possibility of this thing being rejected or modified... and that's really all I was wondering about.
>>
>>30283202
>BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SOMEONE CALLED ME A NAME ON THE INTERNET WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MOMMY MAKE HIM STOP

Faggot.
>>
>>30283202
>rejected or modified

How many fucking times does this need to be explained to you?

It doesn't exist yet. It has not even been designed. There is nothing to reject or modify.

"Nordic Combat Uniform" is the name of whatever the next uniform that fills the requirements is being called until the thing actually exists. It's just a placeholder name for something they know they need. It isn't a product. It does not exist.

Yeah, after the thing has been designed they will take a look at it and modify it before they actually buy it. This process doesn't force them to buy whatever the fuck the uniform manufacturer shits out. Why are you being so deliberately obtuse?
>>
Some info:
http://www.nordefco.org/files/Design/NORDIC%20COMBAT%20UNIFORM%20WG%20symposium%2010th%20of%20May%202016.pdf
http://www.nordefco.org/files/Design/NCU_2.pdf
http://www.nordefco.org/files/Design/DRAFT%20NORDEFCO%20COPA%20ARMA%20Year%20Book%202015.pdf
There's a mention that some work is done to research a common camo also.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.