[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Superstitions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: CharmsSquares.jpg (98 KB, 450x545) Image search: [Google]
CharmsSquares.jpg
98 KB, 450x545
Do you adhere to any or know of them?

I've heard things like Charms Candies or Apricot's bring bad luck.
>>
>>30277109

What military is that? There haven't been fucking Charms in rations for decades.
>>
>>30277109
superstitions are for communists, I'm here to do a job
>>
>>30277127
OP was just watching Generation Kill, that's all.
>>
>>30277155
Yes.

Again, curious to know what's true and what isn't or if nobody even believes in them and if they're an overblown non-existent thing.
>>
Never talk about the weather when in the field. If you do the weather will change for the worse.

the first company I was in. The platoon I was in used to adhere to this one strictly. We threw our helmets, full canteens, rocks, or anything else handy, at anyone who dare mention the weather. If you were in the platoon and said "rain", you did pushups.
>>
>>30277109
Not much beyond the healing, energizing and generally euphoric properties of Rip-its.
>>
>>30277168
When I saw this, I was more curious about Ripped Fuel.
>>
>>30277278
Got banned for dehydrating people to death
>>
>>30277109
Why do the mre's have such shit in them? Why give military in the field pure corn syrup sugar?
>>
>>30277299
The military has a bunch of bullshit rules, Ripped Fuel isn't any worse than a strong cup of coffee in terms of keeping people woke. Though it will similarly dehydrate people.
>>
>>30277369
its the sugar content and the fact that guys used to shotgun them so they wouldn't have to carry an open one around or before they got hot. Once you fill your gut with sugary drink your less likely to want to drink water and more likely to do the funky chicken.

true only real fucking morons suffered from this but don't forget theres a reason weve been cutting our numbers
>>
>>30277328
Its more a morale thing than anything else. If youre eating mres everyday you're probably in a real shithole bored out of your noggin. The psychological benefit of a bag of m&ms or skittles will give a soldier vastly outweights the empty calories. And you most certainly will burn those calories off as well.
>>
>>30277328
candy and gum help you stay awake and generally help you stay hydrated in small amounts as it forces you to keep your mouth closed and salivary glands working
>>
File: rip_it_logo_black.jpg (33 KB, 606x224) Image search: [Google]
rip_it_logo_black.jpg
33 KB, 606x224
>>30277369
We can still buy and drink them.

They used to issue us them. I remember drinking 15 on a convoy to stay awake and thought I'd have a heart attack.
>>
>>30277109
Kek I ordered those because of 4chan. They were pretty sweet
>>
>>30277449
Rip-it is different from Ripped Fuel, which contained creatine.
>>
>>30277449
>>30277483
essentially the same problem tho

people getting the silver bullet for overheating due to dehydration
>>
>>30277483
Well we got rip it's... I know I've drank billions.
>>
>>30277449
Isn't like 4 the point where you start evacuating organs out your asshole?
>>
>>30277483
That sounds fucking fantastic.
>>
>>30277483
One of the reasons I enjoyed GK so much. The episode where their eyes were vibrating instantly made me reminisce about my nights on watch. auto-kinesis I think it was. so tired your muscles in your eyes start fucking your vision up.
>>
File: 1418358697576.jpg (171 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1418358697576.jpg
171 KB, 1366x768
>>30277502
yfw lejeune doesn't have rip its so you have to settle with expensive shit
>>
>>30277483
>fitizens start subbing out Gatorade and protein shakes for ripped fuel
>>
>>30277521
then you start seeing shit in your periphery. I kept seeing birds
>>
>>30277541
yeah, I started confusing my floaters for actual physical objects for a quick second
>>
>>30277504
Well they gave us the small ones (8 oz I think). But yeah it was too much. Reason I only did them once.
>>30277527
I've been out a few years but they sell them at dollar stores and even gas station where I live now. I get one for nostalgia sometimes.
>>
>>30277582
i can only find the sugar free abortions at the local dollar stores.

before i left PI to come here i bought a rack of yellow and a rack of purple. i think they are 20 per rack so 40 total but the dumb fuck at the PX only charged me 19 bucks.

maybe she wanted muh dik or muh bah
>>
Okay, so you guys REALLY seem to love your energy drinks!

This is gold stuff.

Any other foods/things?
>>
>>30277174>>30277174
Where were you? Obviously not Iraq or Afghanistan
>>
When I was in Crimea we used to get into a weird circle and lie down and somewhat sideways 69 each other. Dicks were out and mouths were sucking. Nothing better than a sausage before a mission.
>>
>>30277811
"In the field" he said. That means he was training stateside. So yeah, obviously.
>>
>>30277955
Thanks. I thought "in the field" meant deployed
>>
File: Charms.gif (2 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
Charms.gif
2 MB, 245x160
>>30277155
>>
File: Sorry.gif (1 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
Sorry.gif
1 MB, 245x160
>>30278115
>>
>>30277174
Wouldn't the weather be important to discuss if it was severe enough to impact decision making? Or is that pretty much never the case?
>>
>>30277369
>>30277299
>>30277278

A lot of us still use thermogenics, pre-workout, energy drinks, caffeine pills and coffee.

I personally only use pre-workout and thermogenics.
>>
>>30277984
We usually say deployed if that's the case. In the field is always training.

Also the weather can change over there too. I was in Sinjar and it rains 4 inches a year on average there. We got 5 inches in 2 days. Vehicles stuck in mud. We didn't have tents. Dudes were sleeping under vehicles, almost getting crushed as vehicles sank deeper. It was almost impossible to walk in, the mud would form a suction cup and almost suck you under. Then there's sandstorms... they have weather in those shitholes too.
>>
>>30277109
I bought charms to troll my people at work, I had them with me and on the second day I threw my back out at work.
I believe they are bad luck now.
>>
If I remember right, the one about apricots comes from a load of tankers stationed in Europe way back when.

>rolling around the countryside
>stop by an orchard
>there be apricots
>tankers, being shittyqualitypic related, go into the orchard and enjoy delicious fruit
>finish their impromptu feast, get rolling again
>suddenly all the tanks start malfunctioning
>tracks throwing for no reason
>previously perfectly well behaved engines being temperamental all of a sudden
>shit straight up falling off
>Tankers blame the apricots bringing some sort of curse
As any eurofag knows, it was probably the work of filthy gyppos
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 1536x1384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 1536x1384
>>30278305
Forgot pic because it's late here and, apparently, I'm a retard
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.