[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/ I'm thinking about getting a sks. Any tips on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Yugo SKS.jpg (5 KB, 525x96) Image search: [Google]
Yugo SKS.jpg
5 KB, 525x96
Alright /k/ I'm thinking about getting a sks. Any tips on getting one?

I'm thinking about a Yugo one.
>>
>>30276968
When I got mine I went ahead and saved up the extra $100 for a Russian.

However I lucked out and got one at a gunshow for $430, when the normal price for a Ruskie one was $500+.
>>
>>30276968

The Yugo is the perfect starter SKS.

Very fun to shoot, don't fag it up with aftermarket bullshit.
>>
>>30276968
Get whatever the hell you want. Type 56 are good build. If the stock is beat just know it can be replaced real fucking cheap. Make a big deal about it being beat and shave off a couple bucks. If you know how to wood they get as cheap as $25.
>>
The Cabelas near me has a 16" Norinco SKS with a scope mount and side rail and polymer stock for $400, is it worth it
>>
>>30277123
If you have the money and skill to remove the tacticool and put on some real shit.
>>
>>30276968

Yeah, save your fucking money and buy guns that aren't only popular on fucking 4chan. The SKS hasn't been a worthwhile choice since the price hit 300+. It's not 1996 anymore, don't listen to the teenagers.

Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth. For the money you're spending you're better off with an AKM if you absolutely have to have a completely non modular slavaboo rifle.
>>
>>30277176
It's not tapco luckily, just black polymer in the same style as wood SKS stocks, no rails
>>
>>30277206
Yugos are still well worth the price seeing as how they double as a non-NFA grenade launchers. I'd argue that the SKS is far more practical than the majority of the alternatives even though the average price of a rifle has climbed.
>>
>>30277236
Personally I would replace it, but black SKS wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
>>
File: sks_selection.png (2 MB, 1000x4568) Image search: [Google]
sks_selection.png
2 MB, 1000x4568
>>
>>30277670

>one of the most fun rifles on the markets

kys
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.