[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac 10's & 11's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Are they worth buying??
>>
in their neutered semi auto form theres no practical reason to buy one over a glock
>>
>>30275666
If you buy the 10 you can get uppers that shoot 556
>>
>>30275666
Save your dimes, junior. Buy a heavy barrel AR or REM 700PSS.
>>
>>30275685
lol good luck finding one, fewer than 100 were ever made and no one currently makes them
>>
I already have an ar, ak, and a bolt action, shotgun, multiple pistols. But no subgun...
>>
>>30275666
they suck. reviews available on You Tube.
>>
>>30275666
They are putting some crazy shit into uppers these days, just judging by some of them I've seen at gun shows. Plus there are all kinds of neato accessories around.

I had an M11/9 once. It was fun, especially bump-firing it, but outside of having it for the sake of having it, there's no real practical application there.
>>
>>30276034
I pretty much want one just for shits and giggles
>>
File: bladegun-side.jpg (16 KB, 531x254) Image search: [Google]
bladegun-side.jpg
16 KB, 531x254
>>30275666
Yeah, but you need to run it through the Abraham Whistler custom shop first.
>>
>>30275666
NFA? of course

Semi auto? Not really
>>
>>30275666
I have a cobray mac11 clone and it's a jamtastic piece of shit.
>>
would make a nice tiny SBR for home defense
>>
File: bothered sociopath.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
bothered sociopath.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>30276304
>cobray

That's your problem right there.
>>
>>30278606
Aren't the SWD MACs supposed to be better quality?
>>
>>30275666

Do you mean like a real one? Or a semi one?
>>
>>30278975
I'm not sure, but cobray is shit all around. Their guns make hi-points look like engineering marvels.
>>
>>30278606
>>30279200
Yeah I fucked up buying it.
>>
>>30275666
The only reason you wanna have a Mac10 or Mac11 in your posession is if you built it yourself in order to have a pistol that's not registered.
>>
A real one? Sure.

An MPA clone? Not really. they're heavy, ergonomics are non-existent and the sites are nigh-worthless. I will admit to wanting an SBR carbine in .460 Rowland though, just because.
>>
File: 76574.png (34 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
76574.png
34 KB, 500x281
>>30276304
>>30278606
While cobray does indeed suck, most of the MACs they put out are at least functional. They just like heaping helpings of grease and maybe a little buff and polish here and there and most of the jamming should be sorted out.

The biggest thing is mags, cobray mags are craptastic. There's a company out there whose name escapes me that makes cobray mags that don't suck. Buy those if your heart is set on a cobray gun. Some cobray mags work and you could probably troubleshoot problematic ones if you know what you're doing.
You can also convert MACs to a variety of common SMG mags, like grease gun or sten mags. You'll find a wealth of info about this on various gun forums, it's well trodden ground. I believe some of the MAC clones on the market come out the door converted for grease gun or other magazines rather then using the original zytels.

>>30278975
I'm fairly sure SWD is just one of cobray's many guises. They took on a variety of names over their lifetime dodging antigun litigation and harassment.
If you don't want a cobray, vulcan and masterpiece are two of the other big players in the MAC game.
>>
>>30275666
The Macs were designed to be used on-the-job at close-up ranges once and thrown away. For that purpose they are perfectly designed. Eugene Stoner knew the designer and wrote about the project several years later.
>>
The one I shot was an original, purchased by the department in the 70's.

Heavy. Clunky handling. Did I mention heavy?

It was great on full auto with the sionics silencer. With new wipes that silencer was incredibly effective considering the era.

Not too easy to control my first time, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't bad. Really fast cyclic rate "Zzzzzzz. Zzzz. Zzzz." and that's it.

We shot a shitpot full of some sketchy lead bullt reloads through it and it never choked. I never saw it jam, never had any issues whatsoever. This one ran on greasegun mags as I recall.
>>
File: mac10.jpg (76 KB, 485x556) Image search: [Google]
mac10.jpg
76 KB, 485x556
>>30275666
pure sexe
>>
>>30275781
.300 Blackout SBR.
If anything, the Orlando shooting has shown the cartridge isn't a slouch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAV0gZ8Idb0

relevant
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.