[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys . I am about to buy this one (PIC) . Any advice or tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: prod_24497_dfy8rL_large.jpg (170 KB, 1380x920) Image search: [Google]
prod_24497_dfy8rL_large.jpg
170 KB, 1380x920
Hi guys . I am about to buy this one (PIC) . Any advice or tips ? (291.10 EUR)
>>
File: prod_gal_9086_Fpo33d_large.jpg (531 KB, 1380x920) Image search: [Google]
prod_gal_9086_Fpo33d_large.jpg
531 KB, 1380x920
>>30274019
CZ 858 Tactical 4 P 7,62x39
>>
If you can get one for an affordable price do it! They were a dime a dozen before sandy hook but now they are pretty hard to find. It is the ultimate innawoods gun, much more tan the sks -- it was literally built for inns woods. Fucking awesome gun is put it neck and neck with the mini 14
>>
>>30275006
This.
It's light, very handy, the controls are nice, the trigger is ok, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its not so bad. The only downfall is the sights and aftermarket. But so far I've never needed anything that I couldn't find relatively easily.
For innawoods get a 10 round mag, they are so much smaller and make the gun tiny and light, very handy.
>>
>>30275093
Also like the mini it can be too fed from prone from the top. It's light, very reliable, has ergos vastly superior to the ak and similar to ar15 such as bolt hold open.
>>
Well this one is the most affordable one here and if you say its that nice ,why not ?
>>
>>30274019
>Any advice or tips ? (291.10 EUR)

Make a lot of noise with your representatives about the new firearm legislation, instruct everyone you know to do the same, use the social media or whatever the shit kids are listening to these days.
Otherwise your new salt rifle ownership might end up being a very short affair.

Really though, it's pretty idiot proof. Get mags, but don't expect to be ever able to get 7.62x39 at good prices again, that ship has passed and .223 is on its way to become THE budget intermediate round in Europe. Two years ago I'd laugh my ass off if you told me.
>>
>>30275093
>The controls are nice
Even the CSA models reversed safety is still a bit awkward, it really feels like the gun was made for southpaws.

The light part true though, I'm pretty amazed with how light and thin they are despite being milled receivers.
>>
>>30275093
Also like the mini it can be too fed from prone from the top. It's light, very reliable, has ergos vastly superior to the ak and similar to ar15 such as bolt hold open. Not sure if they can be held open like the mini after individual shots, but if so that's actually even an advantage over the ar. They are not the most accurate guns, but that's because they designed for the shorter ranges of fighting up and down forested mountains; also why they are so light. But in all honesty that is meaningless in 99 percent if the scenarios you would likely use it in
>>
>>30275181
I prefer to use my index finger to engage the safety. I use a left-handed AR safety switch for that reason. But I also have really long fingers. Also, the controls are undeniably better than an AK or SKS.
>>
>>30275186
I've found them to be about as accurate as the ammo you're shooting. At least my VZ2008 and my dad's CSA are as accurate as my dad's CZ527 carbine from a ransom rest. The downfall is the sights, which, like you said, were designed for short to mid range, which is where 7.62x39 excels anyway.
>>
File: pic25878.jpg (104 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
pic25878.jpg
104 KB, 950x633
This was the most affordable one like i said and the only other riffle i can get is 7,62 mm AKS-47 for 511.59 EUR
Pic related
>>
>>30274019
You're about to by the best rifle you can buy. Due to ignorance on both sides of the wall, the hated it. You'll catch criticism from both AR/NATO faggots and AK/ Warsaw faggots. They are both inapplicable of talking sense and looking objectively at a firearm. Expect both sides to cry about why their gun is better but present not arguments about why Czechnology is the best.
>>
>>30275253
Even if they were the same price I'd go with the VZ.
>>
>>30275253

What does 7.62x39 go for in Bulgaria at the moment?

>>30275287
>You're about to by the best rifle you can buy

No, he really isn't, don't be a muh czechnology cringelord.
But it's a very decent rifle.
>>
File: VZ vs SKS gas system.png (76 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
VZ vs SKS gas system.png
76 KB, 800x800
>>30274019
A lot of fanboying going on around here

Now don't get me wrong, the VZ-58 is a decent rifle that has a lot of good features going for it, but it has it's drawbacks.

Pro's:
>Extremely light weight
>Easy disassembly
>Short stroke piston
>Open top design allows quick stripper clip reloading and lessens chance of jams (don't kid yourself though, they can happen, from my experience they don't like to run very well when they're a bit on the drier side so always keep a bit of oil with you)

Con's:
>Open top design also means dirt can get into the tight tolerance rifle easily during fire
>Open gas port spits carbon all over the barrel (pic related)
>Aftermarket support is very limited
>Proprietary magazines are a bit pricey
>Stock controls are a bit awkward (not AK tier but certainly not as good as an AR)
>Replacement parts aren't as common as AR/AK parts

The bolt hold open may be a con or pro depending on the user, personally I prefer a closed bolt since it keep the rifle more blocked off from the elements.
>>
>>30275232
Like you said that's still ok. Shooting 1 moa is cool but in real life 2 moa is the most you will need and 3 Mia is acceptable. I'm not sure about aftermarket on the sights but I believe tgere are options. Aftermarkets not as great as ar but they still have some good stuff, such as an ar style stock with a "buffer tube" -- it's telescopic and mounted on a spring, soaking up a lot of the recoil
>>
Thanks for everything but guys im not going to a war . And ye im from Bulgaria, the Rodhopes so ye there is a lot of wood here . Im going to buy it just to feel how it is to shoot with a rifle. I am not going to buy that expensive gun simply cuz of the fucking documents i have to go through ...
>poorfag
>>
File: 112790.jpg (605 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
112790.jpg
605 KB, 2048x1536
I posted about mine the other day, I like it. And the furniture makes these guys rage. So even better.
>>
>>30275691
not that abomination again
>>
>>30275691
Nice but is it good for a newfag like me ?
>>
>>30275461
>Open gas port spits carbon all over the barrel (pic related)
Oh no the outside of the barrel is dirty! Seriously the real downside is that it heats up a lot faster on the handguard. Who give a shit if the outside of a barrel has carbon on it?
>>
File: Gasblock1_large.jpg (31 KB, 480x421) Image search: [Google]
Gasblock1_large.jpg
31 KB, 480x421
>>30275461
>Open gas port spits carbon all over the barrel

Really doesn't matter much. The gasblock IS vented, so only a residual amount of gases ends up in the handguard area.
They DO get too hot to hold pretty fast, though.

>Extremely light weight

I keep seeing this point everywhere, but it weighs the same as an AKM within a couple of grams, and the M16A1 was slightly lighter, if we're talking about contemporary designs.
It definitely handles well, though. But taller people and people with bigger hands tend to have issues with the stock and the pistol grip.

>Open top design also means dirt can get into

My main gripe with the rifle, regardless of how much the muh czechnology fags will try to marginalize it. When I was in the field with the rifle, there were times dirt and mud would get inside of the action around the dust cover and around the sides of the carrier. It resulted in persistent stoppages (rifle usually refused to go into battery at all after the first round or two) that wouldn't go away until the rifle was field stripped and cleaned, which was obviously all but impossible at the time.
>hurr why would you allow that shit to get into the rifle
Sometimes it simply couldn't be avoided. I wasn't deliberately trying to make my rifle inoperable, in fact, I was trying to keep it clean from the worst of the stuff, but it still failed me which is why I now prefer sealed systems.
>>
>>30275812
>but it weighs the same as an AKM within a couple of grams
Weighs about half a pound less which is more than a few grams
>>
>>30275734
If you're using corrosive ammo it could lead to the barrel rusting unless you take additional steps to remove the lower hand guard (which is held in with a pin, requiring a hammer and punch to remove) and throughly clean it.

It's a con, perhaps a minor con but a con none the less.
>>
>>30275812
Don't forget Czechfag, people who have fired the rifle in a sterile range a few times are far more knowledgeable about the rifle than someone who legitimately served with it.
>>
>>30275864

Nope.

Vz. 58 without magazine - 2,91 kg
AKM without magazine - 2.93 kg
Don't make me go weigh them.
>>
>>30275864
>half pound less
This is a nice meme.
>>
>>30275707
Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>30275911
>>30275914
http://web.archive.org/web/20110718231355/http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/akm.shtml
I'll take their website over your unoffical weight
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (51 KB, 1026x108) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
51 KB, 1026x108
>>30276019
>t. anon who dropped out of elementary

Thank you for proving me right, I guess.
>>
>>30274019
I want one of these bit can't find them for decent price anymore in the states :(
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.