[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody ever purchased a gun from a pawn shop? What should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg (130 KB, 760x1024) Image search: [Google]
rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg
130 KB, 760x1024
Anybody ever purchased a gun from a pawn shop? What should I be on the lookout for in order to not get screwed? I figure this might be the best way for me to acquire something semi-rare or unusual quickly and for a decent price. Also please feel free to share stories.
>>
File: Plinkett.jpg (191 KB, 1039x792) Image search: [Google]
Plinkett.jpg
191 KB, 1039x792
>What should I be on the lookout for in order to not get screwed?
An actual LGS, even if it's run by old Fudds.
>>
>>30272879
Closest one to me doesn't have the best prices, plus I thought it might be fun to hit up a bunch of pawn shops and see what I might find since a gun store's inventory tends to be pretty static.
>>
>>30272844
It's not. It's a good way to get ripped off. I have bought guns from pawn shops back 10 years ago. I got some deals when I did.
>>
Best thing you're going to find in there is a Glock 40 problem solver.
>>
>>30272844
>Anybody ever purchased a gun from a pawn shop?
Yes, I bought a USP for $450 around 2001. It was tits and was one of the best gun buys I've ever made.

>What should I be on the lookout for in order to not get screwed?
To not get screwed, don't buy stuff from pawn shops...
My case is the exception to the rule. My dad knew the owner for like 20 years.
>>
>>30272844

Just inspect carefully like buying any used guns.

I just bought a RUGER SP101 from a local pawn shop for a good deal. Then again there's not much that can go wrong with a revolver.
>>
I've had decent luck at my local pawn shop. OK prices, willing to haggle, and up to six months of layaway if you got more time than money at the moment.

Same issues as always when buying secondhand guns, you've got to know what you're looking for, know what to watch out for, know what it's worth, and be ready to pass on it.

Granted my pawnshop is pretty decent, not the stereotypical dark and shady shithole in the ghetto populated by crackwhores.
>>
>>30272929
>Not much that can go wrong with a revolver

Enjoy your out of time cylinders and bent cranes.
>>
>>30272844
Generally speaking, pawn shops are a terrible way to buy anything. That said, many are willing to make a deal, especially on stuff that has been sitting around for a while.

For example, I can buy guns at the local pawn shop for pawn price plus 50% after they sit for a few months, which is actually a really good deal when everyone is ignorant about Grandpa's old rifle and Little Billy will take $100 for it to buy meth and some head. They also do transfers for $20.

Most often, a normal gun shop will have better prices, while being more accommodating and less predatory.
>>
>>30272994
>stuff that's been sitting around awhile
This. This is key. I picked up a stainless steel Ruger M77 for 500$ out the door just because they were tired of it sitting there.

>normal gun shop
>less accommodating, less predatory
Ya know, I'd believe that's generally true but here in my neighborhood it's the opposite. There's only two gun shops in town, one's a newfangled tacticool place that sells evil looking black guns to paranoid white collar Republican types.

The other is a proper old-school fudd gun shop with a massive inventory, including surplus, collectors items, new, used, everything. And they're assholes who overprice everything and mostly separate newbies from hard-earned just as expediently as possible. They tried to sell me a National Ordnance 1903A1 as an authentic WWII surplus rifle. Last time I went in there.

My pawn shop on the other hand is generally fair and honest. Although their selection is miniscule.
>>
>>30272844
Absolutely! LGSs tend to be more of an upper crust 'better bet', while pawn shops range from 'haha fuck me no way' and 'oh that IS a tasty burger'. You gotta really look around all the time to get those deals with any consistency, but when you do, it's niiiice. They're better with accessories and magazines usually. Last pawn shop gun purchase was an 8mm VZ.24 mauser, nicely sporterized. 200 bucks out the door.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.