[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about building a retro style AR. Does anyone know if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: User_Colt_Model_733.jpg (118 KB, 1000x343) Image search: [Google]
User_Colt_Model_733.jpg
118 KB, 1000x343
Thinking about building a retro style AR. Does anyone know if there's a site to buy an A1 style upper with a brass deflector? Apparently DPMS used to make a C7 repro but I can't find anything.
>>
>>30270954
What is the point?
>>
>>30270959
style
>>
>>30270959
Makes ur moms panties drop.
>>
>>30270959
I want a carbine style rifle and sometimes shoot left handed and I don't want to possibly have brass in my face. I prefer the A1 sights over the A2's
>>
>>30270954
What's the name of those sights in particular
>>
>>30270978
It's just an A1 uppers iron sights
>>
>>30270995
Thanks for the help
>>
File: C7_build_1.jpg (121 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
C7_build_1.jpg
121 KB, 960x720
>>30270954
I bought a C7 upper off of MSD in the ARG a few months back, they're still out there, just gotta do some hard looking. Look on the used market, gun broker, facebook, armslist, forums. They practically don't exist any more.

If you want to cheat, just buy this, strip the parts, and sell what you don't want:
http://www.dpmsinc.com/A1-LITE-20_ep_109-1.html

For all intents and purposes that's essentially a C7 clone with a 1-9" twist barrel. It's nice doing it this way because you avoid having to track down a rear sight assembly (call Windham if you have to, they'll send you one for $25 shipped) and honestly, replacing the furniture and forward assist with retro shit will be enough for most people. Sure it'll be a bastard, but most people won't be able to tell.

They also make a carbine if that's your style.
>>
>>30271212
Thanks man, aside from digging around, that definitely seems like an option. Selling the unneeded parts probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. By MSD do you mean Mlsurpdude?
>>
>>30271212
Also, is DPMS decent? I've heard good and bad things.
>>
Better than being the homos who have wood furniture for their ARs.
>>
>>30271256
If he does I hope he didn't get cancer
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.