[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bringing AR15 into commiefornia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1457726463409.jpg (169 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
1457726463409.jpg
169 KB, 1152x2048
I have to move to California from Florida for work related reasons. How hard would it be to bring in higher capacity magazines and my colt AR in the state by plane?
>>
I'd leave them, it isn't worth the risk. Besides, you can always just buy a new one and claim you had it grandfathered in from before they passed the law.
>>
>>30270759
what if i drove
>>
>>30270750
That pic warrants a reply for sure.

So put a bullet button on BEFORE you get on a plane, so that when you land you aren't bent over. Also leave any of the magazines that are over ten round capacity behind, as they can kill 1000 baby seals per second and the number of angels that don't get their wings is practically incalculable.

Also, once you're established, pick up an m1a. As they're the only rifle you'll want to be operating with unless you're into bullet buttons. If you won't miss a detachable mag, there are still options. Not the best, but we can't just give the fuck up now can we.
>>
>>30270759
You literally know nothing.
>>
>>30270762
Don't get pulled over
Don't talk to a soul about it
>>
>>30270786
are we talking felony or misdemeanor?
>>
>>30270786
>>30270759

Both of you stupid fucks stay off of my /k/
>>
>>30270796
Alright, you're potato... Nevermind.
>>
>>30270803
Atleast they answered OP's question faggotfucker
>>
>>30270750
Who the girl OP
>>
>>30270750
Mail them to yourself like a non-retarded person.
>>
>>30271620
Rachel Cook
Do you even imagesearch
>>
>>30271637
This, how has this just been mentioned now?
>>
>>30270750
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#25
Get a bullet button for your AR and if you wanna keep your mags you can get parts to stop them from holding more then 10 rounds.
http://www.calegalmags.com/Magazine-Limiters-Plugs_c_159.html
>>
>>30270750
If your name is mohammed or some such crap, you're golden. Just look muslim. May I suggest a burka?
>>
>>30270759
>had it grandfathered in from before they passed the law.

yeah good plan, i'm sure no one will notice he had no California residence before 2016
>>
>>30270750
Figure out what you need to make your rifle CA legal - bullet button will probably be about it
if you want to go through the effort mod the mags to only hold 10 rounds
or
keep them and hide them and hope it never becomes an issue
or
sell them in FL before you move
>>
Legally speaking.
Ensure your rifle isn't banned by name on the Roberti-Roos assault weapon list.
Attach bullet button and 10rd mag.
Leave regular mags behind or pin them to hold 10 or less.
Within 30-60? days you have to fill out a CA DOJ form reporting any guns you're bringing in. There's a 19$ processing fee abd they will be registered. You can put multiple guns on this form.

PROTIP: Buy a lot of off roster but otherwise legal handguns and bring them in. You can then sell them private party for stupid money. For instance I'd pay a kings ransom for a surplus MR73 but I can't buy one on gunbroker so I'm stuck waiting for someone on calguns to list one but they'll probably ask 3k and sell it in 5 minutes flat with 7 users in line.
>>
OP here. Thanks to all the advice. I guess I'll get a bullet button and pin my mags to get past customs. I can remove this later on right?

>>30274527
Hmm... In regards to this, are you saying I could make some serious money flipping guns from FL->CA? I have about 20k of money I could blow easy on handguns.
>>
>>30271637
Prexactly
>>
>>30274527
>>30274637
Private party sales need to go through FFL's now. Op should know this, or he'll get his ass in a sling.
>>
File: 1462157122715.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1462157122715.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>30270750
Don't do it by plane, you'd be asking for trouble.

Literally all of us CA gun owners pick up standard capacity mags when on road trips. I literally know no one who hasn't. Seriously. Once here you just keep them hidden away somewhere and only use 10 rounders when going to the range.

It's your duty. We must all resist from the inside /k/omrade.
>>
California has their own internal border patrol. To make sure no one is bringing fruit from outside the state in.

yeah that is right. it is illegal to bring a banana into california.
>>
>>30274808
In Cali ban news Cali ban banana. Cali Banana ban ban any banana longer than 5 inches, contraband bananas are confiscated and run thru UV and other tests to check for radiation or poison. Recently a man was pulled over and they discovered an entire bandolier of cali banned bananas, doubtless he was planning a cali banned banana terror attack. Witnesses have been spotting and reporting cali banned banana brandishers in record numbers. Cali customs and border partrol monitoring borders to ensure no one brings cali banned bananas cross state line.

Truly their hands are full.
>>
>>30274727
>>30274930
>>30274668
>>30274527
Is there a list of hand guns somewhere that are off the roster, but legal to bring in so I can start stockpiling?
>>
>>30275092
Generally it's a bad idea to bring in things off the roster. With magazines there are certain ways to wiggle through the legality, however with the roster there's no doubt of intentionally defying the law and the police won't quite appreciate that.
>>
>>30275092
Don't sell too many at once. Roster can be found by googling, it's totally legal to bring in a handgun that's not an assault weapon. You can bring in as many as you want and then sell them gradually.

Colt Pythons, HK VP9s and 4th gen glocks are big money. Remember, automatic pistols must have magazines in the mag well (no tec 9s) and can't have barrel threading.
>>
>>30275151
This is false. Off roster handguns can be brought in so long as they are legal to possess. Mag limits and assault weapon laws still apply, bringing them in to resell is a gray area (every transfer involves registration, so tgey will see it) but it's perfectly plausible that you brought a bunch of guns in and gradually sold a few here and there to pay for unexpected move in costs.
>>
>>30270769
Tsa is federal, not state. They wont bend you over because they:
a. Couldnt gove a fuck less as long as its in a locked hard case and was inspected before leaving the departure airport
b. Dont know shit about firearms. They were so dumb they made me put my bolt for my bolt action in the case with my guns even tho i explained that with it removed the firearm is inoperable.

Flew into san diego international
>>
>>30274527
This guy is a fucking idiot.
As long as you arent a california resident, i.e. you pay your taxes to another state and you dont register to vote in kali you dont have to register anything
>>
I can't offer any helpful advice, but all I can say is welcome to the suck
>>
>>30270750
Better to mail them instead. Disassemble them and send in two shipments so it doesnt break any laws. Also dont use the US postal service, use a provate courier. And put someone elses name on the senders address it might look weird coming from and going to yourself. Maybe even throw some other random black metal parts like old windshield wiper blades just to make it a little more confusing
>>
>>30271313
Yeah, stupid useless incorrect answers.

OP just install a bullet button and disassemble your mags and boom you're good. It is technically illegal to bring a parts kit to the state but once it's here, it's fine. Owning the parts for a standard capacity mag is 100% legal, as long as you keep in pieces.
>>
>>30276543
Oh don't forget to register your gun.
>>
File: 1426543812677.gif (151 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1426543812677.gif
151 KB, 500x209
>>30270796
you should look up the local laws from the way you are talking. bud...
>>
just ship it to yourself. they don't check the mail.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.