[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /k/. A buddy of mine is a black guy who's extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 1454803472797.jpg (99 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1454803472797.jpg
99 KB, 453x604
Hello, /k/.

A buddy of mine is a black guy who's extremely proficient in handgun use, with family that competes and that he practices with. He's got his head on straight regarding self defense laws, firearms laws, etc, but there's one problem.

He's prevented from concealed carrying by his fear of discrimination and police reacting negatively to him carrying.

I'm having a hard time solving those fears by finding anything online, most stuff just talks about certain instances of discrimination rather than offering information regarding trends. Do you guys have any information on the subject?
>>
To clarify further, he's a better and faster shot than most people I've met. He loves firearms.

Also, he's worried about his kid getting ahold of a potential pistol that he'd keep at home. In your opinion, if he wants a nightstand gun, what is the best way to secure it from the kid?

My recommendation was to demystify the tool, to teach about it and take her shooting, and to keep the gun's chamber empty when it's stowed.
>>
>>30270185
If he dresses well when he's CCing he shouldn't have a problem
>>
>>30270219
I said that too. He brought up this youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

I said that body language, dress, etc makes a difference, but it also comes down to the individual cop.
>>
>>30270200
Also I wouldn't trust a kid with a gun unless I'm right there with them. Best to just find a case/safe that can be opened quickly if it's a concern
>>
>>30270230
A quick access safe may be a good solution, thanks. I don't know how that slipped my mind, lol.
>>
Unless your local PD shoots blacks on sight, any interaction he has with them should involve time for him to communicate with them. If he conceals well they wont know until he informs them.

As for child gun safety you have the right idea, but a nightstand lockbox never hurts especially with other parents kids coming over to play etc.
>>
>>30270228
I wouldn't call jeans "dressed well" but I see your point. Keep in mind we're talking about CC though, there won't be some knee jerk reaction like in the video. Cops will never know unless there is some sort of altercation or crime anyway, and I'd advise anyone to holster their gun after using their carry weapon regardless of race. Tell the cop you have a weapon and I can't imagine them flipping out, especially when it's not currently visible.
>>
>>30270278
You shouldn't have to be in business casual to carry though anon.
>>
>>30270228
well if you dress like a gang member this happens
>>
My buddy feels really and actually discriminated against, thinking it's a shame that the actions of others are painting him in a bad light inherently but he's not got it twisted thinking that it's "evil whitey" or something. He thinks of it more like "the current thing of it is that when it comes to guns and black people, seeing the two together is like being approached by a pitbull whereas with white people it may be seen like being approached by a labrador. Either case, in actuality, is as dangerous as the other all things being equal, but stigma prompts a different response."

He didn't say it in so many words, but that's what it amounted to.

Is there any way to disprove the foundation of those fears, that he would be treated poorly by the courts and by police if carrying as a black man? I personally feel that he'd be fine, but my feelings aren't admissible in court.
>>
>>30270228
i like how the whole police department comes out for a guy who dosen't even resisting
>>
File: 1994e0_5878370.jpg (192 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1994e0_5878370.jpg
192 KB, 1200x800
Also, we're both military. Thanks for all the help so far, people.
>>
>>30270313
>wearing a tshirt and jeans is dressing up like a gangsta
>>
>>30270356
I don't even own jeans. "Casual" for me would be khakis. Shorts if it's warm
>>
>>30270219
>America isn't racist and police aren't overly violent
>but black people need to 'dress well' or be profiled by everyone around them
When the fuck did a t-shirt and jeans become suspicious or unusual? Fucking everyone wears that combination of clothes!
>>
>>30270228
dood why would you open carry an AR-15 the first rule of cc is to not draw attention its like crawing to fuck with you
>>
>>30270380
He and I both agree with you, open carrying a rifle is inflammatory. It's like walking around wearing a machete or something.
>>
>>30270315
>Is there any way to disprove the foundation of those fears, that he would be treated poorly by the courts and by police if carrying as a black man?
eeeeeeh probably not

Even as a brown muzzie with a beard I have less fear about CC because police don't usually finger nerdy asians on the street, even in today's climate. It may seem paranoid but blacks have a legit historical basis for assuming LE and CJS will side against them
>>
>>30270377
I don't. My usual dress would be polo+khakis. And if I were a cop I'd be more trusting of the guy in khakis than the guy in jeans regardless of race. Stereotyping is the basis of all human interaction, buddy. Pattern recognition. You can't expect everyone to come at a situation from a completely unbiased and rational perspective, so you take some reasonable precautions.
>>
>>30270372
regardless, a t-shirt and jeans does not equate with 'dressing like a gangster'
>>
>>30270416
I wasn't the anon that said that, and I agree. But a lot of gangsters dress that way anyway, so it doesn't do anything to help you
>>
File: Another_51ee57_5878370.jpg (61 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Another_51ee57_5878370.jpg
61 KB, 604x453
>>
File: MAX11vsMP7.jpg (84 KB, 1024x619) Image search: [Google]
MAX11vsMP7.jpg
84 KB, 1024x619
>>
>>
Not sure how you can come on 4chan and yet still believe in the fantasy of "discrimination" existing

>>30270315
>My buddy feels really and actually discriminated against
Not our problem, or the police, or anyone elses that he was born a nigger
>>
>>30270228
to be honest I am amazed they didn't shoot him on sight.

>>30270782
back to your quarantine echo chamber, poltard.
>>
What is the single most convincing way to say that "You can carry if you want to and if you'd reasonably be judged to be an average citizen then you'll be treated like normal" while also considering that his counter would be to say that he would not be considered an "average citizen" and would be judged as being more suspicious solely on the fact that he's black?

I feel like it's not as big of a problem as he's thinking it is, but I hope there's something more to say than "nuh-uh."
>>
>>30271072
black people have insane fantasies of oppression and bigotry, this is why the vast majority of them hate whites.

This is what liberals, media, government, and other blacks teach them.
Every failure of theirs is supposedly oppression.
>>
>>30271104
He's the kind of guy that is indignant about BET and the likes ruining any shot of culture. Trust me, the guy's got his head on straight. I'd trust him with literally anything, and the reasoning seems to come from "These people and this shit culture has become so toxic that it's causing this situation to occur and I don't want to be caught in the crossfire."

I want to reassure him that he wouldn't be. He doesn't dress like a gangbanger or something, he's obviously respectable.
>>
>>30271117
It sounds like he'd have to get extremely unlucky and happen to find the rare cop that is actually racist for him to get undeservedly shot. Just tell him you asked about him on a Polynesian whalebone carving forum and they said to carry.
>>
>>30271123
Pretty convincing, lol.

Thanks for the help, everyone.
>>
File: Cover_150_sm.jpg (35 KB, 200x307) Image search: [Google]
Cover_150_sm.jpg
35 KB, 200x307
>>30270782
Discrimination isn't a fantasy don't be retarded. /pol/ is correct in pointing out the majority of the BS that comes from the left and such but to say it doesn't exist is pretty stupid. Do most niggers use it as an excuse? ABSOLUTELY. Fact is though that a large large number of crimes and police interactions are with blacks. So it's only natural to be somewhat biased/suspicious towards them. Natural instinct built into us to keep us safe really and it's not racist to do so. Fact is blacks DO commit a tremendous amount of crime when compared to the other race so noticing that pattern isn't racist. If it's anyone's fault it would be other blacks not some evil "white devil" who's created the negative perception of blacks. But I didn't read OP try to blame whites or anyone else for that matter. If he or his friend did I would have called them out on their BS aswell, but yeah, discrimination is real anon...

>>30271065
The OP's buddy is being a weenie desu. He may get stopped by the police if they see it but it's not like their gonna taze him on sight and start beating him with their nightsticks while calling him a nigger. Especially if he is well spoken/non ghetto he should be fine. If he doesn't want a gun because of his kid though you shouldn't force him and it's pretty fucking stupid to try pushing that on him.

Just my 2 cents
>>
>>30270185
of course he'll be discriminated against for being black but as long as he tells the officer everything he's supposed to he shouldn't get shot. as in telling the officer he's carrying and keeping his hands visible at all times. this is what i do everytime i encounter the law.
>>
>>30271199
Right, if he's worried about being shot he's severely brainwashed or a complete retard. As long as he's a good boi and dindu nuffin he'll be fine. Just tell him if a cop sais to show hands it doesn't mean charge him head first.
>>
>>30271177
>>30271222
>cops will never shoot nignogs on sight
>who is Tamir Rice
>who is John Crawford
/pol/ echo chamber in full effect.

besides, this is a weapons board, why do you retards feel the need to shitpost about muh niggers here every single thread?
fuck off nobody here likes you.
>>
>>30270372
Not everyone can be a huge faggot that dresses like it senpai
>>
>>30271222
in my state cops are required to wear surveillance equipment to avoid these loose ends with police brutality so, at least in my state, as long as you're completely obeying the law a cop would have a hard time gunning you down and getting away with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 580x735
>>30271243

The eternal struggle against /pol/ is real.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JCh8HhZ3Bww
>>
>>30271655
Kys my man
>>
>>30271243
this, sjw do overblow the level of discrimination in the us but you have to be a retard to honestly believe that police officers arent disproportionately targeting african americans. why that is the case can be up to debate but either way because of this op's black kommando cant carry without fear of just being insta shot. and the fact that a lawful and passionate gun enthusiast has to worry about that is something we should all be concerned with
>>
>>30270185
Cops really aren't as racist as people make them out to be, unless you're in a major city. I'd assume they're likely more prejudiced there, but it is concealed carry after all, so nobody is gonna know he's carrying anyway if he's doing it right.
>>
>>30270377
When the t shirt is sagging down to your knees, and your pants are constantly around your ankles. You look dumb, and dumb people do dumb shit. Dumb shit get you shot over dumb shit.
>>
>>30270185
If you don't look all gangsta, black people with guns aren't that much of a problem with cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGxFI0IgaTc

That handshake at the end.
>>
>>30270315
If the dude has a chip on his shoulder about cops, it's only going to make things worse.
>>
>>30270185

If the purpose of carrying is personal protection and safety, you have to weigh the chances of needing the firearm in an encounter with an attacker against those of being put in a dangerous situation by the police. If having a ccw ends up getting him clubbed across the back of the head and charged with resisting arrest because he tried to cover up, it doesn't do him much good.

Not saying he shouldn't, he probably still should, just examine the possibilities. It's a shame this is still an issue in *current year*
>>
>>30270185
Show him some cases of innocent white people getting shot by cops, then remind him you still carry because you're not a wuss.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.