[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we debunk the stupid "If you use an AR-15 to hunt,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: autistic rifle.png (47 KB, 970x312) Image search: [Google]
autistic rifle.png
47 KB, 970x312
How do we debunk the stupid "If you use an AR-15 to hunt, you suck at hunting and shouldn't own an AR-15" meme? The AR-15 is completely viable for hunting, especially if you use soft-points. Is it really too much to ask to buy one rifle for multiple purposes instead of 3 for thousands of dollars?
>>
>>30265261
Who is responsible for this abomination
>>
>>30265261
Yours truly (OP)
>>
>>30265278
Fuck, meant to reply to >>30265271
>>
The big issue is caliber

Lots of states have minimum calibers, usually well above 5.56
I have a 450 bushmaster upper for my ar so that I can legally hunt with it, but it kicks like a mule
>>
File: rifles.jpg (74 KB, 1000x515) Image search: [Google]
rifles.jpg
74 KB, 1000x515
All you need to do is show them something like picture related and ask which one the 'assault rifle' is.

When they answer incorrectly (and they will), whirlwind slap them into next week.
>>
I like muh stoppin powuh of 7mm Rem Mag.

Mostly because I don't like following blood trails.
>>
Also, it's fucking daft that this shotgun is semi auto and probably even deadlier in a crowded close quarters situation than an AR but nobody fucking complains about it because its not black
>>
>>30265343
forgot pic, it's literally like a semi auto AA-12 with wood furniture and a smaller tube magazine
>>
>>30265311
A mini14 and an ar? When the answer is neither people see it as a trick and stop listening. Rather than trying to be a dripping dickhole why don't you put an AR and an M14.
>>
>>30265424
But an M14 is a 7.62 battle rifle, so apples to oranges
>>
>>30265447
Yes and that is the point. A wood clad select fire rifle with a bayonet lug and effective range out past 800 yards vs a black scary looking sport rifle that was bought for $400 and a ham sandwich.

Right now he is asking which is the assault rifle the shitty black .223 or the differently shitty wood .223. The answer is neither which won't get any point across other than he is a faggot.
>>
>>30268137
Wouldn't it be just as good / better to put M4?
>>
File: 223-v-308a.jpg (44 KB, 468x555) Image search: [Google]
223-v-308a.jpg
44 KB, 468x555
>>30265261
By showing them pic related and telling them that the right is what is used for hunting in their "not scary" wood fudd rifles.
>>
>>30265261

I don't assume an AR15 gives someone a handicap, I just assume that they aren't a very dedicated hunter, or are very new.

For example:

>especially when you use soft points

You're required to use expanding ammunition literally everywhere for hunting big game. Thus I infer that you don't hunt or are just getting started.

AR15s are lousy rifles for big game when you stack them up against the competition. Underpowered for hunting at longer distances and anything besides southern whitetails and hogs, less accurate unless you've got a neat build, and have a bunch of shit sticking off them that isn't useful for hunting at all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.