[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I didn't join the military because I would just end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: myfacewhen.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
myfacewhen.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
>I didn't join the military because I would just end up laughing in the Drill Instructors faces when they yelled at me
>>
>>30263085
>Disobedience huh?
>That was a mistake
>>
File: thedude.png (606 KB, 779x429) Image search: [Google]
thedude.png
606 KB, 779x429
>It's a I didn't join the military because all soldiers are baby killing thugs who are to dumb to make in the real world episode
>>
I tried to join but didn't when I realized I'd knock a DI clean out if he yelled at me.
>>
To be fair a lot of drill sergeants are complete dicks and idiots, and not in the way you want a drill sergeant to be
>>
>>30263129
I like those episodes, particularly for their authenticity.
>>
>>30263158
>To be fair a lot of drill sergeants are complete dicks and idiots, and not in the way you want a drill sergeant to be

Why do you think they're there instead of being in any actual unit doing real training over the shit that'll just be completely forgotten once you move on to your MOS School and then your Duty Station?

DIs/DSs and no different than the recruiters, just looking for a reason not to do what men of war need to be doing.
>>
I didn't join the military because I'm a college student and am on a track for a career.
>>
My biggest reason for not joining was having to shout a lot. My voice cracks when I raise it too much, so I avoid situations where I would need to out of embarrassment.
>>
>>30263155

Isn't that kinda the point? If you lose your shit cos some guy shouts at you I can't trust you not to sperg out if shit gets really serious
>>
>>30263085
>>30263155
Why do these dank cultural memes exist? I heard that shit a bunch from mid 20s slackers when they found out I was a soldier/veteran, I didn't ask them if they wanted to join or anything either.
>>
>>30263241
One of them. And if you touch a DI expect to get jumped by a dozen.
>>
>>30263323
Because they are to afraid to admit they were pussies, so they fell back on just saying they wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
Didn't join because I know I couldn't handle military life.

There, I said it. I couldn't handle being made to exercise until I threw up, being shouted at all day, and made to follow orders.
I couldn't handle being in the desert heat all day,or in some shithole country where it's always raining.
I couldn't handle the thought of what I think are random civilians trying to kill me at any second with bombs, knives, and guns.

I'm afraid of death, or being sent home missing limbs.

I'll admit it.
I couldn't handle being in the military, doesn't make me want to shit on those that choose to join up.
>>
>>30263192
If you have to shout to be heard then you're doing it wrong. Learn how to project your voice.
>>
>>30263085
I didn't join because my life is worth more than $17k a year

inb4
m-muh benefits
muh free healthcare
muh free housing
muh BAH for my wife and 4 step kids
muh free college that I'll never use because raising 4 step kids ain't cheap so I'll just gift it to my wife since she has the "toughest job in the military" anyways
>>
>>30263424
>rain
>not the best thing ever
i cant even tell you how much i enjoy the current flood-producing rain amounds of the past 2 weeks in bavaria. it usually never rains this much
>>
>>30263450
>>30263450
amounts*
>>
File: africanhousemate.gif (300 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
africanhousemate.gif
300 KB, 200x150
>>30263129
>this is the true story of seven strangers picked to live in a house and have their lives taped. find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real.
>>
>>30263180
Found the nigger who never served and has no idea how assignments work
>>
>>30263435
>I've never looked into actual benefits and career option nor officer school and am too sperg to understand any of it

FTFY
>>
>>30263435
It's closer to $54k a year with benefits, but I was still making better than $30k take-home to sit around and go to wine festivals every weekend.
>>
>>30263424
I didn't because I hate running, I hate the burning in my chest that turns to sharp pain.
Also sleep deprivation, I'm an insomniac, I know it well, fuck that.
>>
>>30263085
Inhaven joined yet, but am now doubting if I can handle situations with badly wounded comrades. Saw an elder fall down and bust his head on the asphalt, started bleeding heavily, and despite watching war footage and the effects of heavy bullets and high velocity rounds ripping people apart, it was the sight of blood and the stress of a response that made my vision turn blue. I nearly threw up and faint. How can I strengthen my resistance against anxiety and queasyness when facing situations like this.
>>
>>30263553
It's all about the proper mindset. Either you have it or you don't, that's how war works. You'll never know unless you're getting shot at
>>
Didn't join because shit insides. which is a shame because I really wanted to.
>>
>>30263110
GET TO THE QUARTER DECK, NOW

ATTENSHUN!!
>>
>>30263085
I didn't join because fuck washing rocks.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.