[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of air rifles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: airrifle.jpg (48 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
airrifle.jpg
48 KB, 880x660
Personally I enjoy air rifles, they're much cheaper to shoot and you can use them to practice marksmanship. But how does /k/ approach air rifles?
>>
>>30262212
What do you mean by approach? I like my air rifle, use it to shoot rabbits and it is cheap.
>>
>>30262383
I mean by do you like them or not.
>>
>>30262485
Well yes otherwise I would not be using it.
>>
I think a lot of /k/ including myself has a soft spot for air rifles because that's generally where everyone starts. Once in a while I really enjoy sitting on the back porch and plinking a few cans with my old .177. Its relaxing and somewhat nostalgic.
>>
>>30262212
They have their place - can learn marksmanship and safety on them, take small game, cheap to plink.
>>
I want to buy one to kill squirrels and teach my 10yo cousin to shoot. I have $300, what should I get?
>>
>>30264237
An air rifle
>>
>>30264237
But in all seriousness I heard Benjamin Trail Ries were pretty good. I have never used one though so take that for what it is.
>>
Is the Gamo Silent Cat really the go-to air rifle?
>>
File: image.png (491 KB, 2000x704) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491 KB, 2000x704
>>30262212
Stoeger X-10 is around $160 with a decent scope. I got one and drops squirrels easily at 50 ft. Use the money saved for pellets/targets/etc
>>
>>30264237
A mosin
>>
They seem more practical for innawoods.

Probably a better choice than most .22's at that point.
>>
>>30267371
what caliber is that Stoeger X-10? What do most people recommend for squirrels and rabbits?
>>
Hey guys I'm looking to spend around 200 Euroshekels on an air rifle.
The thing is, I'm going to join a shooting club and they want all members to shoot air rifles for 6 months first ( don't ask why ) and I don't want to use PCP rifles. I want something I can cock myself and shoot as much as I want.
However I also want it to be able to drop squirrels and wabbits.
Is there something that doesn't require too much force to cock, that doesn't look ridiculous and would be suitable for this ?
>>
>>30272286

Diana is what you need to shoot in a club, 300 you will have to pay, to get a rifle that is suited for that purpose. Europeans shooting airrifles in clubs are very elitist when it comes to guns. Local or german brands are the only ones "allowed".
>>
>>30264237
Daisy Powerline 880

Cheap
Easy to repair if needed
Easy to use
BB's or pellets
>>
>>30272948
Balls.
Guess I'm gonna see if there's any german brands going around 200 that aren't shit though.
I was just about ready to go for a Gamo.
>>
>>30272948
Actually you know what, fuck them, I don't give a shit.
If they wanna fudd it up, I'll only bring mall ninja shit on purpose.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.