[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volunteering with veterans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Veterans-Day-2014-Images-2.jpg (51 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
Veterans-Day-2014-Images-2.jpg
51 KB, 600x375
First time visitor to the US here (will visit in October), seeing as I have some spare time during my visit to New York City - there is a VA hospital at the end of the street where I'm staying - I wanted to, if possible, volunteer some time or provide some comfort items to veterans.

Having previously been involved with organised volunteering here in Ausfailya I am aware there is usually a series of background checks etc before they let you in a hospital or care facility, so perhaps there is another way I can help either in a less formal setting or through a third party organisation.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help /k/ommandos, this is a 100% sincere post.
>>
File: c18.gif (410 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
c18.gif
410 KB, 500x200
>>30256615
>>
>>30256615
this isnt weapons related but whatever dude all the power to you
>>
>>30257807

No shit sherlock, but a fuckton of ex-mil dudes contribute to this board, hence, the question - unless there's a military board I haven't noticed?
>>
>>30258262
>>/y/
>>
>>30256615
So you are going to waste your time in the US doing that shit? Did you do something wrong and now you feel gilty?

Otherwise that seems like a pretty stupid way to enjoy your trip.
>>
>>30258290
It sounds to me like he wants to contract some disease.

Or talk with WW2 vets, one of the two.
>>
>>30258290

>waste your time doing that shit

You must be the star attraction at the museum of assholes...Seriously though, it's half a day out of a holiday, wouldn't you appreciate it if someone came by to say hi if you were laid up in a hospital?
>>
>>30258446
Nothing against the vets, I was thinking from the turist point of view. If you feel like doing that go ahead and sure it would be nice to have someone coming by but you better be a qt otherwise it will be fucling weird since you're not even American.

>Let me, as strayan cunt, go to a vet hospital in th US
Not the first thing that comea to mind to a person.
>>
>>30258469
Go to a VFW and get drunk with vets desu.
>>
>>30258469

Look I can understand that, but I am not a camera toting tourist - I've done a bunch of volunteering at home with folks in aged care homes and police charities and the like...the idea came to mind simply because I saw a VA Hospital at the end of the street when I was checking out Google Maps in the area I'm going to be based. If it is not a good idea, say so and I won't pursue it, otherwise, where do I sign up? Even if it's pushing someone's wheelchair outside for a smoke or fresh air, bringing them a cup of coffee, or donating some toiletries or magazines.
>>
>>30258683
>for a smoke

You might be going to the right place.
>>
File: Infantry OSUT 88.jpg (117 KB, 979x795) Image search: [Google]
Infantry OSUT 88.jpg
117 KB, 979x795
>>30258290
>waste your time
Fuck off, civilian. I've spent time in VA hospitals, my life almost ending twice. If some Australian came walking up to my bed, I would have gotten a kick out of it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.