[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess it's time to buy an AR-15 before they're banned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 125381.jpg (6 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
125381.jpg
6 KB, 371x371
I'm a newfag here to /k/ and I'm panicking that AR-15's will soon be banned, so I figure I should buy one this week.

What are the good brands and which brands should I stay away from?

Are any of the below worth it?

http://defenderoutdoors.com/diamondback-db15ccb-free-float-quad-rail-223556-nato-16-flash-hider-6-position-stock-black

http://defenderoutdoors.com/spikes-str5035-r2s-st-15-le-mid-semi-auto-556nato-16-in-m4-fixed-stock-black-12-in-bar2-quad-rail

http://defenderoutdoors.com/diamondback-db15fdemps-db15-ar-15-semi-auto-223rem-556nato-16-inch-4pos-stock-fde

http://defenderoutdoors.com/rra-ar1297-lar-pds-tri-rail-handguard-semi-auto-556nato-16-in-flash-hider-30-round-6-position-side-folding-stock-black

Please help out a newfag.
>>
>>30256423
Spikes
>>
Are these still legal to make in all states?
>>
>>30256423
The Democrats aren't going to try to push through gun control legislation during an election year you tard. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
Aimsurplus has a troy AR with flip up front and rear sights and a mediaeval flash hinder for 6 something.
>>
>>30256719
He has no idea what he should be looking for and he's buying at one of the worst possible times to be completely ripped off but some chucklefuck.

Go for it OP, make sure it has a piston and it's side charging while you're at it.
>>
>>30256423
Jesus christ, every time there's a shooting floods of cunts come in and buy a bunch of handguns and AR's.
All the shootings in this past decade and not one chance of a nationwide ban happening.
You're good for sales, but god you're stupid.

Wait for the panic to die down in a couple months and build your own, it's not hard.
>>
Not going to happen now. After November, who knows. I just grabbed another 1000 rounds of x39 and 250 of 9mm.

It fucking sucks that my hobby is in the hands of a bunch of emotional shit-heads who will really be triggered when there first student loan payment comes due.
>>
>>30256911
>when there first student loan payment comes due
at least they actually went to college
>>
>>30256977
not sure that's a good thing anymore. One of my sister became on EMT right out of high school. She's got a 2012 car that is paid off and is just about ready to buy a house. My other sister is racking up a ton of student debt for a business degree. I think she is going to be worse off until her 30's.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 250x166
>>30256423
Don't buy tacticool shit op. This is what's cool. A 20" gun but its a flat top receiver so you can always add a BUIS and red dot optic. You could free float down the road too but for practical accuracy (as in the event you have to actually use it for defense at any real range) this will get you through. Just needs a sling and a light. I recommend a Midwest industries light mount that attaches to the FSB.
>>
>>30256868

do you guys have that "build your own AR" copy pasta?

can someone repost it for me please
>>
>just ordered new AR15
>it's my first ever gun purchase
>Orlando habbening happens
>wew lad wew wew wew!
>wasn't in any hurry to buy ammo for it before but now...
>only shot .22's and a .357 before.
>this will be my first tacticool raifu

Handling wise should I just expect some stronger recoil shooting 5.56? I don't consider myself a marksman but I've always enjoyed shooting and plinked cans well enough with my .22.
I've been on the internet for a long time and seen many habbenings before so more than likely nothing will come of this but the whole "worst mass shooting in history" thing has me a little on edge.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ati-omni-ar-15-hybrid-maxx-rifle-5-56-optic-ready

I picked the red dot.
>>
>>30256719
Clearly you aren't following up with the California gun laws they are forcing through this year...
>>
>>30257527
>some stronger recoil shooting 5.56
Even the world mild is an understatement.
>>
>>30257527
5.56 has little recoil for a rifle round, IIRC it feels very simmilar to .357, but i dont own one of those so im not too sure.

also get some ammo and mags now before the price jumps and stock is still left. you can get more in a month or two when this all dies down.
I'd say about 2000-3000 rounds and 6+1 mags should hold you until after january
>>
>>30256423
if a mass killing of a bunch of little kids didn't get the gun b& then a shooting at a gayclub sure as shit won't

im fucking sick of this buy ar before it's banned after ever mass shooting meme
>>
why in the fuck would anyone want some fagtastic assault rifle
>>
>>30256821
>Troy
Srsly kys
>>
>>30256977
>thinking getting a degree in Women's Studies counts as "going to college."

It's literally just an even easier version of highschool for these people since they don't have to take math, and all the teachers are far left nutjobs reinforcing their gungrabbing tendencies.

I sat in on a few of these classes just to see what was going on in them when I was getting my EE degree and they are absolutely INSANE.
>>
>>30259517
Yeah being in technology I only had to take one class with a hard left prof, sociology. He was a nice enough guy but man it was hard to sit through some of it. At least he welcomed opposing views for class discussion, so it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>30256423
If you're not going to build one yourself buy a smith and wesson m&p15 or a ruger ar-556. They're both reasonably priced at around 600-700 dollars and are reliable. Any ar you buy for less than that is probably junk.
>>
File: fd4.png (341 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
fd4.png
341 KB, 450x450
>>30256423
The most they will do is increase the checks on an individual purchasing firearms. While I normally am against such obstructions of liberty, hearing about a muslim who easily purchased firearms after being on the FBI watchlist and having the FBI check in on him in 2014 is a little fucked to me.

But a semi-automatic ban will likely never happen without sever repercussions. If you like to wear tinfoil on your head you'd be better off with something pic related.
>>
>>30259698
>hearing about a muslim who easily purchased firearms after being on the FBI watchlist and having the FBI check in on him in 2014 is a little fucked to me.
Really?
>hearing about a muslim
Not illegal, no crime committed. Denying rights without due process is unconstitutional.
>after being on the FBI watchlist
Not illegal, no crime committed. Denying rights without due process is unconstitutional.
>and having the FBI check in on him in 2014

If you want someone to not be able to purchase a gun, then charge them with a crime.
>>
>>30256423
any legislation will come in the next session (i.e. after march of next year.)

so i wouldnt worry about it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.