[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /k/'s opinion on the Spyderco Matriarch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Matriarch.jpg (37 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Matriarch.jpg
37 KB, 800x600
What's /k/'s opinion on the Spyderco Matriarch?
>>
>Designed to RIP AND TEAR
>Serrations to get caught in clothes and make the wounds bleed less
>>
>>30252454

So as a defensive blade it would be less effective than an say an Endura?
>>
File: UzFSr1X.png (200 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
UzFSr1X.png
200 KB, 500x394
>>30252421

I have always wanted to know this. Spyderco's description of the Civilian has always mentioned that they were created for a special group of undercover LEO with an unnamed agency, that could not carry firearms. Who could that be?
>>
>>30252819
Black ops in a country with strict gun laws that they are not officially supposed to be in. Like Mossad agents in South America when they were hunting war criminals.

>>30252484
Endura would be more lethal, but if all you are trying to do is inflict lots of pain and confusion before running, the matriarch is better.
>>
>>30252454
And the tip will break off
>>
>>30252858
more lethal? what the fuck are you smoking?

knives are NOT guns. you will NOT kill somebody with one stab. knives do not rapidly incapacitate, they cause bleeding and THAT causes death. the saying goes- in a knife fight, the loser dies in the street and the winner dies in the ambulance. they both die because they lost a fuckton of blood, and a serrated knife dragged across your arm will do that.

to answer OP's question, the matriarch is for defense period. i wouldnt carry it as my EDC, its too niche and i couldnt do the same beater work i do with my endura
>>
>>30252421

Great for cutting rope, I suppose, Not much of a fighting knife, though.
>>
>>30252421
Good for opening MREs, boxes and plastic packages, typical Military stuff.
>>
>>30252858
>Black ops in a country with strict gun laws that they are not officially supposed to be in. Like Mossad agents in South America when they were hunting war criminals.
>Foreign country
>LEO
>>
People always assume "a knife fight" when it comes to carrying a knife as a defensive weapon.

As in
>Hur dur it has to be for stabbing
>dur hur u cant use a karambit w/out leet training!!one

Spyderco Civilian, various Karambits, dare I say it Cold Steel Espada are some shit that provide very easy range and reach for defensive moves IE slashing (NOT stabbing) getting someone to back off until I can get away.

If someone swings a knife in your face, or shit even lands a slashing cut on you, you aren't going to say lol it wasn't a stab anon confirmed for knife fight pleb and instantly win the fight
>>
>>30252454

Have you ever used a serrated knife? Only time serrations will catch in clothes is if they're dull as shit. Serrated blades also cause much more irregular wounds, which are painful and harder to close.

Back on topic, the matriarch series a lowest common denominator fighting knife- a bit of training and a matching blade is far more dangerous, but when it comes to wild and uncoordinated slashing, they're pretty alright. I'm a big fan of the Lil' Matriarch for entirely different reasons- the hawkbill tip and belly make for a surprisingly versatile tool that really shines when processing a lot of plants or other fibrous material.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.