[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7 Essential shooting tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: thumb.jpg (182 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
182 KB, 1279x675
Enough /pol/ talk for one day. Let's talk about shooting stuff.

https://youtu.be/FOFy9C9TKa0
>>
How do I get over blinking when I shoot?
>>
>>30252424
I know right, talk about things you do about or with the guns you actually own. Then again, how much of /k/ owns a real firearms? 10% maybe?
>>
File: 1459400740430.jpg (73 KB, 718x698) Image search: [Google]
1459400740430.jpg
73 KB, 718x698
>>
>>30252424
>this exact meme yet again.
This is always posted every single thread. You faggots who constantly whine that /k/ doesn't shot don't even post anything of use anyways so why don't you shut the fuck up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjwPIj7zpc
>>
>>30252434
More practice. Not thinking about. Try shooting on the clock, with a timer. If you're focused on a stage or what you're hitting, you will stop focusing on the shot itself and the blink will stop.
>>
>>30252434
Try doubling up on earpro. Bill Rogers does a modified ball and dummy drill that involves staggering snapcaps and live rounds in your mags.

>>30252453
Not this shit again.
>>
>>30252501
>staggering snapcaps and live rounds in your mags.
Oh, that shows off the flinch alright. It's the best way to show just how bad it is.
>>
>>30252520
I think the objective is to basically try and do the exact same thing when you press the trigger on a live round or a dummy. Not something I personally do but I think Rogers has had really good results.
>>
>>30252520
The problem for me is I flinch for loud noises.

>pull trigger on a dud/snap cap/empty chamber: no flinch
>pull trigger on a bang: 50/50 chance of flinch
>>
>>30252579
Then definitely try doubling up on earpro, plugs + electronic or some kind of muff. Also try shooting a quieter gun (22lr) etc and working your way up to louder calibers.
>>
>>30252453
Can this stop being fucking posted? Jesus christ
>>
>>30252650
no god dammit if i have to tolerate those stupid home made mre "info'graphs you have to deal with this.
>>
>>30251928
>7 Essential shooting tips
1. Hit the target
2. Hit the target
3. Hit the target
4. Hit the target
5. Hit the target
6. Hit the target
7. Hit the target
>>
File: infographic-full.jpg (701 KB, 960x6560) Image search: [Google]
infographic-full.jpg
701 KB, 960x6560
>>30252675
>no god dammit if i have to tolerate those stupid home made mre "info'graphs you have to deal with this.

Just when I was googling that homemade magpul shit.
>>
>>30252721
>AR15
>7 MOA
>>
My groups are down from 2' to just under a foot now

I'm literally the worst shot at any distance that takes skill

Thanks fully most self defense scenarios (supposedly) take place within 10 yards

I like to think that my enthusiasm makes up or my lack of skill
>>
>>30252721
Are there any rifles in production with 7+ MOA?
>>
>>30252901
I'm also pretty bad. Just shoot a few shots, assess where they hit, then try to correct. You have to put effort in if you want to get better.
>>
>>30252459
good advice, will use
>>
>>30252996
There's only so much you can do without live fire exercises. When you start shooting 2x a week you see some real good progress as you measure your performance against your plan and goals.
>>
>>30252901
is this with pistol?
>>
>>30252453
Is this true? Because if so fucking thank you
>>
>>30253326
For the most part, yeah, it is and it will help.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.