[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concealed Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: glock-19-used-2.jpg (102 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
glock-19-used-2.jpg
102 KB, 1350x900
Hello /k/. In light of today's events, a fire has appeared under my wife's ass to acquire a firearm for everyday carry, in the event she needs to defend herself from someone who feels she holds the wrong attitudes and needs to die for it. I am likewise resolved to begin carrying, because I value my own life and I certainly will not see someone I care about shot down while I am powerless to do anything about it.

She is looking at the Glock 19, which seems like a solid choice. I prefer the aesthetics of a SigSauer, the P238 perhaps, but I wanted to get you boys' feedback on the merit of these pistols, and please offer any other insights or feedback you think might be relevant.

For the time being we live in Kansas, so no permits are required, nor are there magazine restrictions. Let me know what you think, lads.
>>
File: bersak.jpg (8 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
bersak.jpg
8 KB, 269x187
>>30248942
Sounds like your wife spends more time at gay bars than she is telling you about.

Look at the bersa 380 for concealement. Or the m&p sheild which is a standard go to. I hear good things about the ruger lc9 too.
>>
>>30248942
>wife wants a good tool
>built like a tank
>standard capacity of 15 rounds
>could keep 33 rounder in her purse

>dumbass husband wants her to get something for the aesthetics
>has a safety that must be disengaged

You're a dumb motherfucker and your wife is far smarter than you are.
>>
>>30248942
I have a G19 and P938 that i carry depending on weather, both are just good solid tanks OP.
>>
>>30248942
glock 19 is a big gun to hide under typical woman's clothing.
consider a subcompact pistol in 9x19mm or .380ACP with a single stack magazine.
Glock 42 or 43
Springfield XDs
S&W Shield
Beretta Nano
Kahr (several options)

or a snubnose .38 special S&W revolver
>>
>>30249813
>glock 19 is a big gun
for you
>>
>>30248942
Get a Glock19 with a Threaded Barrel, Gives you the velocity of the G17 in a smaller package.

You have many options for mags as well
>15 flush
>15+2extension
>17 flat bottom
>17+2extension
>31+2Jihad-solver
>>
>>30249813
also the P238 and P938 are good options too

glock 19 is a fine gun if she's comitted to carrying it every day.
remind her that pocket pistol you have with you is far more useful than the handcannon you left at home.
>>
>>30248942
just getting some guns in general is a smart decision, any gun is better than what you currently have. if she has never had training or fired a weapon, a hammerless model 642 s&w .38 airweight might be a good choice, can't fuck it up
>>
>>30249813
>expecting wimmin to be able to do anything under stress
she gonna need the capacity, and she will have a bag to put them in.
>>
>>30249829
no, not for me
>TO HIDE UNDER TYPICAL WOMAN'S CLOTHING
I know some ladies wear hoodies and baggy jeans but most do not.
>>
>>30249857
>carrying a gun in the first and easiest target of theft
never had to chase down a purse snatcher?
>>
>>30248942
The 238 is accurate and reliable, and is a solid choice. Be sure to handle EVERY reasonable option before making a choice. A G19 is worthless if it doesn't fit her hands, and if it's just too big to carry all the time.
>>
Considering you have to carry it on you 99.9% of the time and NOT shoot it I recommend a Glock 26 with some high quality hollowpoints.

>10 round double stack
>reliable
>small
>light
>accurate
>easy to shoot
>implying anybody survives or keeps fighting after getting hit in the torso with a 9mm hollowpoint round
>>
>>30249858
>I don't get /k/ memes: The Post
>>
>>30249710
We have an open marriage. She has a girlfriend and so do I. :^) since we're just the kind of degenerates these people like to target, I mean to make sure they have to work for it.

>>30249740

All things being equal, I favor the Sig. If things are not equal, I will choose the best tool. Tell me what the significance is of your comment about the safety.

>>30249857

Agreed, I want her to have as money shots at her disposal as possible if shit goes down. Local fire superiority for euthanizing crazed religious fanatics.

Thank you for all other comments and suggestions, I will take them under advisement.
>>
>>30250148
>Tell me what the significance is of your comment about the safety.

>draw pistol from holster
>aim at assailant
>trigger won't move

Unless you regularly practice drawing your handgun and disengaging the safety, you're likely to forget to do so when under severe stress.
>>
>>30250148
God damn I wish my gf and i weren't such jelous people and could work something like that out.
>>
>>30250148
>We have an open marriage. She has a girlfriend and so do I.
post pictures of all 3 of them.

also, have you fucked all 3 at the same time yet? are you a mormon?
>>
>>30250178

I see, is that not how a safety normally works? Is there another kind of safety that is easier to disengage? Or are you suggesting she should carry the weapon with the safety off?
>>
>>30248942
>She is looking at the Glock 19, which seems like a solid choice.
how much does she weigh and does your state allow printing? it's going to be very apparent she is carrying. people have noticed me carrying an LCP before and I weigh 200 pounds.
>>
>>30250310
he is recommending a gun without a safety.

enough stalling over stupid questions, post the pictures m8
>>
>>30250286

Sorry friend, not posting pictures of my loved ones on 4chan. No, it's not that kind of open relationship. Her relationship with her girlfriend is between them, as mine is with my girlfriend. I'm not a Mormon, just someone who finds traditional definitions of relationships to be badly obsolete and is trying to find a different mode of living. It's not for everyone, but if you can master your jealousy and learn to communicate and listen, I'd recommend it. More love and experiences and more people you can rely on are excellent assets to have.
>>
>>30250312

She's about 110 and it's Kansas where no permit is required either for CC or OC. So I suspect printing is not forbidden.
>>
>>30250312
Fatty.
>>
>>30250312

To give you an idea, I work at a liquor store with a "CC welcome!" sign on the door. Most of my coworkers carry, and people around here love and support it. Some places no doubt would not permit it, but that's fine. We'll leave and go somewhere else.
>>
File: rugersr9c2.jpg (141 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
rugersr9c2.jpg
141 KB, 1024x770
I got a Ruger SR9c as both my first handgun and carry and its great. Small, comfortable and that safety is an absolute plus for your first carry gun. Just make sure you train drawing it and you'll be golden, 9mm works perfectly well for anything you might happen on. Its also a great choice for your wife, once more for the light and easy to handle part. They're cheap, reliable and handle well.

And both of you need a good holster, it makes a huge difference.
>>
>>30250447

Thanks for the suggestion. We are both aware that this is a commitment and intend to buy all the necessary equipment as well as get some training and make regular visits to the range to stay sharp. A weapon is worse than useless if you don't know how to handle it properly.

While I'm at it, I would like to know what brand of ammunition y'all recommend. JHP seems to be the consensus on type (looking at 9mm here), but what manufacturers does /k/ trust?
>>
>>30250447
On top of that, I'd suggest you take all of these suggestions and try out each at your local funstore. The 'feel' of a handgun is important to, for example, I know glocks are great guns but I can't stand the ergos, make sure you pick something up that feels comfortable for you.
>>
>>30250392
In terms of concealing a pistol, in order of importance:
>Thickness of the gun
>Grip length of the gun
>Barrel length of the gun

In terms of effectiveness, in order of importance:
>Barrel length (must be proper length that your ammunition was designed for, also longer distance between front and rear sights so easier to aim)
>Capacity (this gets hit hard if you want a gun you can conceal)
>Caliber (unless you don't mind carrying a revolver in a magnum cartridge, the difference between calibers is mostly situational)

P238s and P938s I would avoid as they have several issues relating to reliability and safety. For one, the only way the sear is kept in place on them is with a little plastic knob in the grip, which can lead to absolute failure to fire until you've taken it apart or sent it off for repair.
Glocks aren't bad pistols at all, but the main thing is that you have extensively shot the pistol you will be carrying, so you know any quirks the gun might have.
It's also important to hold the gun before you buy and make sure it fits your hand. Shooting a pistol is harder than a rifle, especially when you can't get a decent grip on it for whatever reason.
>>
>>30250447
One last thing, the SR9c suggestion is coming from a 5'4" Asian woman with tiny hands, so take it with a certain amount of perspective. I can say it's comfortable for me, but I know several people who think it's too small.
>>
>>30250520

Excellent suggestion, thank you. Already been to Cabelas today, will go back again and fingerfuck the merchandise.

>>30250525

I hunted a lot in my youth so I have a good familiarity with long arms, but pistols are an unknown to me. The intention is figure out the best thing to get, then start spending time at the range.

I do want good capacity, 12-15 at least, but as you said that gets bulky. The little ones are easy to conceal, but I worry about her running out of ammunition during the mad minute.

Glock 19 seems to be the best choice from what I am gathering here. She held one at the store and it fit her hand fine, she has larger hands than most women. It's reliable, large capacity, and the Gen 4 has that dual spring that will make it easier for her to pull back the slide.
>>
>>30250399
>Fatty.
I'm 6'0 my man and OHP 250. You?
>>
>>30250373
bro, you are a literal cuck.

i wonder how many cucks are on this board? cucks with guns
>>
>>30250068
batman is not a /k/ meme
if anything it's a /tv/ meme
>>
>>30250601
Sounds like you're all set to go, then. Just make sure and find a place to shoot, then shoot often. The best kind of practice is drawing from concealment and shooting at a still target from a reasonable distance (make sure and wear eye pro as well as earpro). Gives you the muscle memory you need for a real self defense situation, gives instant feedback, and best of all, it's fun as hell
>>
>>30248942
I literally live right next to the factory. Nice to see my hometown stamped onto firearms.
>>
>>30250616

But I am cucking her also. :^) Sorry if you prefer to settle for less, but I want more. Also is it still cucking if she's with another woman? It's just so hard to keep up with you kids and your definitions these days.

>>30250738

10-4 good buddy. I'm going to have her practice her draw for sure, and I intend for us to spend time at the range at least once a month. I'll have her punching out the heart of wannabee jihadis in no time.

Thanks for all the feedback, /k/.
>>
File: applebees.jpg (271 KB, 916x1280) Image search: [Google]
applebees.jpg
271 KB, 916x1280
>>30250619
Then I suppose gun & tank anime girls is an /a/ meme? And open carrying to applebees with taytay is a /ck/ meme? fuck off buddy
>>
File: Do your squats ladies.jpg (63 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Do your squats ladies.jpg
63 KB, 960x540
A parting gift for you lads, since you've been so helpful. The business end of the girlfriend.
>>
>>30250948
t-thanks chad y-you too
>>
File: 1465662628018.jpg (65 KB, 597x450) Image search: [Google]
1465662628018.jpg
65 KB, 597x450
>>30249829
Of course
>>
>>30249935
>implying anybody survives or keeps fighting after getting hit in the torso with a 9mm hollowpoint round
>that whole post

You know very little
>>
>>30254099
>>30250948

Hell, 9mm is better than not having a gun.
>>
>>30250792
>"settle for less"
>only having one on the side

pathetic attempt at bait. learn2wheel my friend.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.