[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mauser K98k VS Lee Enfield No. 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 278x181
I'm a WWII German Re-enactor with a Panzer Lehr Wermacht division. I've been borrowing K98's for awhile and now I'm ready to buy my own rifle for these events. However I'm stuck between buying a K98 like every other German or buying a Lee Enfield because it's something I could use if I assist the allied re-enactors and I have found proof of the Enfield being used by Germans in Dunkirk and Normandy. Thoughts /k/?
>>
>>30246765

you should get both, but good k98's are getting harder to find and more expensive than enfields so if you have to choose one get a k98
>>
Depends on what you want. Are you talking about live firing rifles or neutered faggot deactivated bullshit?
>>
>>30246777
That's been the argument for the Mauser is the lack of them and their value is rising. Whereas there are as many Enfields as there are people in England. But at the same time I don't want to spend more than $500. I won't be using this for anything but blanks anyways. I use my AR's and M14's for ranges and defense.
>>
>>30246784
Live firing for blanks.
>>
>>30246794
There's not that many decent Enfields around anymore. Something in decent mechanical condition and in either true WW2 spec or FTR spec, as so many of them were in the few years following the war, are getting more scarce.

If you're just using them for blanks though you can have something considerably more shot out than what most people are looking for.
>>
>>30246794

you can get a decent k98 (soviet capture) for about $500, the trouble is finding it
>>
>>30246812

enfields are way easier to find than k98's m8

shit, even classic has no.1 mk3's right now
>>
>>30246812
True. Like I said, I'm not looking for an unboxed, unwrapped, true Nazi or British WWII $1200 collectors piece. I'm just looking for a cheapish gun to fire blanks.

I appreciate you guys helping me
>>
So Gentlemen, I need a vote.

K98?

Or Enfield?
>>
>>30246818

get on armslist, gunbroker, etc. check if there are any gun stores or dealers in the area that specialize or carry any historical arms. you can try gun shows too but chances are you wont find shit and if you do it will be way overpriced. no resources in your reenacting group?
>>
>>30246826
My unit is comprised of older guys with deep pockets who can afford the collector's pieces. I'm a college hobbyist. So they only have resources for the collector's items. Other than that my Unit CO said good luck. Find what you can. Lol
>>
>>30246803
>not live firing hydrogen cyanide capsules
>>
>>30246823
Just toss a coin, /k/omrade.
>>
>>30246834

still, you dont want to take a collectors piece innawoods and through the dirt

>>30246823

you do kraut reenacting, get a k98
>>
Grab a postwar yugo Mauser and get a bent bolt for it. Close enough and cheap.
>>
>>30246905

gtfo farb
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.