[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW For Nightclub Photographer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Todd-Howard.jpg (18 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard.jpg
18 KB, 490x368
Hey /k/, I thought I'd ask here.

What's a good/reliable CCW that can be deployed with my weak arm for extreme close quarters situations (ie: 1 to 4 feet).

I'm a nightclub photographer that carries about $6,000 worth of gear at a time (Canon EOS 6D and an EF 11-24mm f/4L USM) and I need to protect myself from nignogs and other degenerates who would consider assaulting me for my gear.

Willing to go .380 ACP so I can conceal it as discretely as possible.

This is a serious question. I've been threatened with my life several times in the past two weeks from club regulars.
>>
Roger LCP sounds like your best bet man. It's good for pocket carry.
>>
>>30245245
*Ruger
>>
>>30245245
TFB TV seems to love these things. Light and concealable. How reliable are these cheap pistols though?
>>
File: 642.jpg (42 KB, 1000x701) Image search: [Google]
642.jpg
42 KB, 1000x701
>>30245254
You can always go with old reliable.
>>
>>30245254
The rugers seem to be pretty good at this point, I believe there's a fair number of upgrades and aftermarket available too.
>>
>>30245254
>How reliable are these cheap pistols though?

They have a good reputation for being reliable. You can find LCP Customs for ~$230. Get one, some Lehigh XT's and a DeSantis pocket holster and you're pretty much set.
>>
>>30245231

OP, I am in the exact same situation (minus needing the gun), i run a nightlife media business averaging 8-15 nights a week and some of our nights are "urban" nights.

Some tips before you go reaching for a gun

1. Don't piss off the regulars, if you are doing that then there is a problem with what you are doing

2. Get security on your side. Go up, say hi to them regardless if they acknowledge you or not. Keep doing it until you are on a first name basis with everyone.

I cannot count how many times someone has gotten in my face because i told them to fuck off and security grabs them for me. Or if someone is just being annoying have security take care of the issue for me.

3. If you REALLY feel the need to carry on you, then look at either a LCP, S&W Shield, or Glock 26. Obviously don't drink and carry.

I have personally carried a Shield without any issues and I am a slender build. I kept it on my back at about the 5 o'clock position so I can still hug/kiss girls without them feeling that I am carrying.

hope this helps
>>
>>30245231
Taser
>>
LCP is solid since you mentioned discretion. If you want another similar option a Kahr CW380 is also good and discreet.

Mind that basically any .380 isn't going to be QUITE as reliable as a 9mm--it's a bit harder to make things work flawlessly as the parts get tinier. A Glock 42 or 43 are both a couple other small options that are a bit bigger than than the LCP or Kahr, but are well worth looking into.

As far as bullets, checking shootingthebull.com for his list of Ammo Quest champions is well worth it, ESPECIALLY for .380.

>honestly though discretion is more about holster choice, and a bit about belt choice, than it is about the gun itself
>>
>>30245401
>i run a nightlife media business averaging 8-15 nights a week and some of our nights are "urban" nights.
>media business averaging 8-15 nights a week and some of our nights
>averaging 8-15 nights a week
>8-15 nights a week
>8-15
>nights a week
>>
>>30245401
>"urban" nights
>>
>>30245401
>Some tips before you go reaching for a gun
>
>
>
>A BULLET COSTS $0.30, THE COURT CASE AFTER COSTS $30,000-$300,000+
>>
>>30245428

Sorry, multiple 8-15 EVENTs per week

We call them nights since we only have 1 photographer per location since the times overlap.

>TFW free drinks at 7 different bars and clubs :D
>>
>>30245401
So you take pictures of drunk people and when someone doesn't want a photo of them and get mad you get them kick out or pull a gun? So why are you talking pictures of drunk people anyway.
>>
>>30245231
>nightclub photographer

What? I've never been to a nightclub in my life because for me I can't imagine anything less fun other than maybe being tortured by fucking ISIS, but what are you there to take pictures of?

Are you one of those guys that takes pics of retarded drunk chick's tits when they flash them only to have them email you and whine about how evil you are for taking said photos?

If so, pls post pics.

Also, if you're offered a gig for gay nightclubs in Orlando, stay the fuck away senpai.
>>
>>30245254
If you want something fancier you can also always go with a small Walther or Bersa.
>>
>>30245449
ITT OP:
>drinks heavily
>photographs drunk chicks
>hugs and kisses drunk chicks
>probably gropes and fingers them if he doesn't think he'll get caught
>occasionally runs into defensive guys
>wants to carry a firearm while drinking and hitting on drunk chicks
>ATF minus the T
>some states it's illegal to bar carry
>still wants to shoot paying customers
TL;DR
>drunken rapist wants a gun to threaten people.
>>
File: laughing touhous.jpg (33 KB, 346x347) Image search: [Google]
laughing touhous.jpg
33 KB, 346x347
>>30246562

this post is fucking soggy with cuck tears

tell us anon, did a photographer fuck your wife?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.