[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hk mr556a1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: hkfull.jpg (367 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
hkfull.jpg
367 KB, 1000x666
Lots of AR talk but never a mention of the hk416 or the civ version the mr556a1. The hk416 was the last rifle I was issued on my final deployment to Afghanistan and I thought it was the most amazing semi auto rifle I ever used. I was wonder what /k/'s thought on the the civ version is. Pic related.
>>
All you're going to hear is that a piston shouldn't be in an AR because it makes problems where there wasn't before and that it costs too much.
>>
>>30239969
OP here. I see people spending thousands of dollars on their custom ARs and I figure why not just get a stock mr556a1. The piston IMO is awesome. Shoot 1000 rounds clean the bolt with a tissue.
>>
>>30239922
It's a H&K so it's good quality.

The short-stroke piston is a gimmick based on the "Shits Where It Eats" meymey, it works, but it really doesn't offer you any distinct advantage over regular Stoner "gas-expansion", regardless of what H&K's marketing claims.
If they had made it with a conventional Stoner gas system, it would have been just as good, while being cheaper and a little bit lighter.

The "piston ARs are unreliable" meme mainly comes from conversion kits, trying to turn a regular AR into a piston gun is never a good idea, if you must have a piston AR, don't half-ass it, get a H&K or Ruger.

Just know that this is not something which makes your AR better. Suppressor use is arguably a little more pleasant, and it handles heat a little better, but it's offset by a little less potential accuracy and a little bit more recoil.

If I was gifted one for free, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (168 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
168 KB, 1440x1080
>>30239922
Piston driven ARs are unpatriotic.
>>
>>30240363
>it works, but it really doesn't offer you any distinct advantage over regular Stoner "gas-expansion"

Except when you use furious infiltration methods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU
>>
>>30240013
>Shoot 1000 rounds clean the bolt with a tissue.
With a regular AR you can go thousands and thousands of rounds without cleaning the bolt (or much else), it'll get filthy, but it's made to handle that, and it's nothing a little CLP and a brass brush can't handle.

If cleaning the bolt seems tiresome to you, a nickel boron coated bolt and carrier (be it conventional or piston) would be almost as easy to clean as the H&K.
>>
File: gnc.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gnc.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>>30240450
Plus it runs suppressed way better.
>>
>>30239922
Suppressor baffle design has advanced to the point where blowback isn't really an issue on 10-12" DI guns anymore.

What you're left with is a gun that offers no benefit over more affordable and more importantly, readily available, designs other than ease of cleaning.

The final nail in the coffin for the civilian market is no factory SBR option which is almost a must for people into the NFA game. Boutique chop shops are your only real option.
>>
>>30240518
I also forgot to mention another glaring issue. The gun is overly heavy for no tangible reason. Consumers in the market are the driving force the lightweight black rifle push right now so this can also explain why they're seldom talked about.
>>
>>30240503
>>30240450
>Made by HK

Tots unbiased right there.

Meanwhile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MA1IFKwdAQ
>>
>>30240534
>The gun is overly heavy for no tangible reason.
I'm gonna say it's because a long ass quad-rail comes standard, and it's sold/supplied with steel magazines.

Quad-rails are so 2005, really, H&K really needs to just make them with a normal handguard already, maybe with MLok slots.
>>
>>30240534
>The gun is overly heavy for no tangible reason. Consumers in the market are the driving force the lightweight black rifle push right now
Keep in mind that HK's main money maker is government contracts, not sales to civilians. They make their dosh from selling the rifles by the thousands to the Euro militaries and SOF groups that use them. Plus SEALs and SF/CAG love them.

It's not that they hate you, it's just that you're not their main concern. The MR556 only exists because the HK416 exists, and they can make a little pocket change off selling it to you for an inflated price.
>>
>>30239922
>HK416
>most amazing semi auto rifle
>semi auto
>>
File: 1453862287422.jpg (115 KB, 935x960) Image search: [Google]
1453862287422.jpg
115 KB, 935x960
>>30240591
>>30240561
Forgot to add that the quad rail is because it's simple and whoever the rifle gets issued to can put whatever they want on it at any position. No worries about having extra rail sections getting lost or breaking off all the time when they're abused.
>>
I dont see why it's better in any capacity than the SCAR. You get the piston system without all the fuckin weight.
>>
>>30240591
>It's not that they hate you, it's just that you're not their main concern.
They were fine selling to the US public until our government had to fuck up firearms import laws. The AWB didn't help them much either. It's not like their pistols are hard to come by either.
>>
>>30240617
The original selling point for the 416 was that you could use existing M4 lowers with their upper, HK was aiming to replace or upgrade the M4 in service while the SCAR was purpose built for the SOCOM trials.
>>
>>30240637
>The original selling point for the 416 was that you could use existing M4 lowers with their upper
Isn't that a terrible idea? I thought piston uppers worked like shit with regular lowers?
>>
>>30240791
>regular lower
Want to know how I know you're a fucking noguns retard?
>>
>>30240832
Explain it to me.
>>
>>30240955
Not that guy, but you can mix and match any upper with any lower.
The only problem you may encounter is that a different barrel length may require a different buffer weight

But yeah, you're a nouns faggot
>>
>>30240955
>>30241113
Also nothing on the gas system touches anything on the lower.

Noguns faggot
>>
>>30241150
But you're wrong. What do you think the buffer tube is for?

>Noguns faggot
>>
>>30239922

A 5.56 piston rifle that doesn't do anything another AR cannot. Yet it can easily cost $3000.

No.
>>
File: ayylmao.gif (469 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.gif
469 KB, 320x240
>>30241150
>Noguns faggot
Inb4 "I'm not retarded, it was only a ruse."
>>
>>30241299
Also gif has stupid charging handle motion for some reason.
>>
>>30240013
When people spend a couple thousand on Gucci ARs it has nothing to do with how clean it is. Especially for people that know anything about the rifle. Anyone that's looking to drop hk416 money on a stock rifle with proprietary shit is probably going to look at the scar instead, and anyone looking at a scar is likely going 7.62.

I would rather have better features than a piston for the same price
>>
>>30240591
>>30240618
After the 90s bullshit, then it was their own government. If the civilian market were as simply as building it and shipping it stateside HK would be swimming in money
>>
File: hk426mr556.jpg (157 KB, 594x733) Image search: [Google]
hk426mr556.jpg
157 KB, 594x733
How would you fix the 416?

>regular gas system (optional)
>M Lok handguard
>MagPul or Lancer plastic mags
>>
>>30240440
This pretty much sums it up
>>
File: 550px-ZD30_01.jpg (75 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
550px-ZD30_01.jpg
75 KB, 550x367
I really like the HK. I have been looking at buying one so I can not only SBR it, but have it rechambered in 300blk. Throw a sweet Magpul FDE stock and a sweet suppressor along with a AN/PEQ-15, an EOTECH and a surefire tactical light. This seems logical.
>>
>>30241299
my autism is in orbit
>>
>>30239922
My brother has one, quality as you'd expect from a HK rifle and shoots fucking great, but as others have said it is heavy as fuck for an AR.
>>
>>30240592
Sorry, OP meant to say Semi-Auto Assault Weapon.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.