[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pound for pound, which country has the best military fighters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Pf451TM.jpg (534 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
Pf451TM.jpg
534 KB, 2000x1334
pound for pound, which country has the best military fighters? I think Chechnya
>>
File: 1389524469678.jpg (267 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
1389524469678.jpg
267 KB, 610x457
Can't be quantitatively measured, but probably some smaller country whose military is comparatively well funded and whose warfighters are generally cream of the crop warriors.
>>
chechens are resourceful and ferocious as guerillas, but undisciplined and uncontrollable as uniformed soldiers. their only viable application in regular army is shock troops
>>
>>30237319
Chechens don't even perform that well in Syria, which should tell you something considering nobody there performs well.
also
>which country
>proceeds to name something with less claim to countryhood than Ttransistria
>>
>>30237319

Based on field performance, it's probably either one of the Anglosphere countries, and maybe Norway.

Chechens have have a fierce reputation, but they haven't fought anyone that wasn't trash or trash at the time.
>>
>>30237617

Modern "Shock troops" need discipline more than anything. The most important thing is good communication and cooperation between your infantry and their supporting assets.

Ask the Japanese how well relying on warrior spirit to carry the day in an infantry attack worked.
>>
>>30237319
Chechnya is not a country
>>
>>30237319
Gurkhas. Bunch of mad fuckers, they are.
>>
File: slider8[1].jpg (172 KB, 960x460) Image search: [Google]
slider8[1].jpg
172 KB, 960x460
>>30237319

Nepal.
>>
Australians did pretty well in vietnam where other militaries struggled, but I think their skills are really niche.
>>
I've heard that Estonian and Finnish military is pretty good
>>
>>30237754
>Pound for Pound
Most importantly, they're lightweight.
>>
>>30237319
Well, they certainly have jaws you could break rocks with.
>>
Canada best trained military in the world
>>
>>30237319

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZ1yWkhh_s
>Chechnya
>country
What the fuck are you on about OP?
>>
Probably depends on the environment as well. I doubt RLI or RAR would fare very well in the taking of Grozny.

Have to be multiple tests done in multiple different environments
>>
Israel.
>>
>>30237863
the only post that matters
>>
America has large pound for pound status in the big picture. Their military weighs more in the global fight. Leading the world police is a heavy responsibility. Their huge logistics supplies the bulk of the Earth's fighting forces.
>>
>>30238904
They also weigh more per person :^)
>>
>>30238916
More weight means more freedom.
>>
>>30237319
>Chechnya
Fuck Chechnya
>>
Nepalese Gurkas by a long way. They have more competition for spots than most special forces, they get trained and led by brits, first world funding and the do or die courage of the developing world. Plus coming from a high altitude country they have excellent conditioning.
>>
>>30237343
>but probably some smaller country whose military is comparatively well funded and whose warfighters are generally cream of the crop warriors.

Most smaller countries use mandatory service. Harder to get the cream of the crop that way.

Pound for pound, I'd say the US. The US has a well-established system of warfare, that doesn't depend on having frontline troops that are special snowflakes or elite operators.

And on the funding side, the US can afford to have god's own logistics, which they do. And that means a lot.
>>
Canadians
>>
>>30237634
>Chechens don't even perform that well in Syria
source please
>>
the US is the only country on earth with a metric fuckton of combat experienced soldiers.
>>
Vatican.
When the Pope mobile rolls on the battlefield every soldier in a 60 mile radius digs their own swallow graves.
>>
File: 1360803017.jpg (83 KB, 771x458) Image search: [Google]
1360803017.jpg
83 KB, 771x458
>>30237319
>pound for pound

murica has the most pounds

hoo-ahh
>>
>>30239012
Not any more
>>
>>30239043
Not even close.
>>
>>30237319
>pound for pound

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/mar/06/germany.armedforces
>>
>>30237863
Seriously hard little fuckers.
>>
Chechens ~ indochina gooks > whites > latinos > all
>>
>>30239025
I don't have an article specific to that, I've just been following the performance of chechen majority opposition groups like Junud al-Sham and the JMA.
>>
>>30237319
Russians maybe. They're hard fuckers but undisciplined
>>
File: 1372912291171.jpg (98 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1372912291171.jpg
98 KB, 960x640
United States simply due to the combat experience they have, training and uniformity. Also I'm willing to say that their light infantry is the most effective in the world due to being blessed with god tier logistics.
>>
>>30239188
8y old article
>>
>>30239456
god these moto pictures are so gay
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.