[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mlok compared to keymod compared to pic rails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
can keymod/mlok mount things as tightly as pic rails? I was thinking about theoretically skipping pic rails altogether and just getting either keymod or mlok and adding the scope mounts directly to that (btw that is possible, right? Shouldn't you be able to directly mount scope mounts to them?) as long as it could be as solid or more solid than pic rails. So, which do you prefer?
>>
>>30234851
All handguards come with a picatinny rail on top.
>>
>>30234878
y tho

I mean, seriously, couldn't a handguard that had one of the others allow for an even lower profile optic mount?
>>
>>30234918
To keep it flush with the rail on the upper receiver and to make sure that an optic mounted on there will hold zero. Keymod/MLOK are still not stable enough for optics
>>
File: AK7.jpg (231 KB, 982x743) Image search: [Google]
AK7.jpg
231 KB, 982x743
>>30234972
>Keymod/MLOK are still not stable enough for optics

Something tells me MLok atleast would do fine until you remove the thing again. My shit stays rock solid on my Wasr.
>>
>>30235003
Returning to zero even after removal is the entire point of mounting optics on picatinny rails.
>>
>>30234878
NO
>>
>>30235049
I read somewhere there is a trick to getting optics to retain zero after removal even with non-QD scope mounts and rings. Why does it never work in practice?
>>
>>30235049

Do you want the optic, or do you not want the optic? Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>30234851
I like Keymod because it's less bullshit to remove/install your items.

MLOK is fucking gay, who likes fishing for a nut to fit on your screw on the inside of your rail tube? Fuck MLOK.
>>
>>30235164
and yes they lock down securely, your shit won't just slide right out if the bolts come a little loose either, there are nubs on the hardware that prevent that from happening, you have to install them at a slight angle, which you can really only achieve with the bolts almost entirely unscrewed.

Keymod is great.
>>
I still dont unstand why you cant maintain zero with keymod or MLOK. I'd think they'd be more solid.
>>
>>30235003
Did you really just make up a story about you mounting an optic to your magpul ak handguard

You're not even making anybody impressed with you so what was the purpose of this lie
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.