[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes spinning a revolver feel so comfy, just seeing a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ocelot-gun-spinning-o.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ocelot-gun-spinning-o.gif
4 MB, 320x240
What makes spinning a revolver feel so comfy, just seeing a six shooter going around like that feels so natural. Where did this originate? And is it even meant for anything other than aesthetics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQ2mflwnEU
>>
>>28286071
This is how you get off timing in your revolver early

Don't ever spin your cylinder or you will have a gun that will not work when you need it to work
>>
>>28286167
the cylinder? you mean the bullet hold? Would spinning it too much cause it to misalign the bullet from the hammer?
>>
>>28286214
It would quickly wear out the part that lines up the chamber that needs to be in direct line with the hammer and out of timings are caused when the chamber is not in line with the hammer but spinning the cylinder like they do in Hollywood movies will not only wear out the revolver quick but it will also increase the chance of it being damaged were you have to take it to a gunsmith to fix it.

That is why it is considered not to spin the cylinder but you can open the cylinder iut and spin it as it is out of the frame though which is perfectly safe to do so.

It's only when your spinning it while it is still inside the frame is when it is bad and likely to damage your revolver.
>>
>>28287461
Sorry disregard what I said I thought you were talking about spinning the cylinder but after reading again I just realized what you were talking about that is spinning the revolver it's

Okay well if it is empty and the hammer decocked then yes it is alright but don't do it while it is loaded unless you have the hammer resting on an empty chamber
>>
>>28287461
you know you cant manually spin the cylinder in most revolvers when its closed right?
touching any revolver thats not a single action at half cock would have taught you that
>>
>>28286071
Other than showing off some dexterity skills, that's bad for the pistol. It puts unnecessary wear on the screws that keep the frame together.

>>28287500
Some of the newer repro's have a safety on the hammer or a hammer stop of whatever they're calling it. My Uberti Cattleman has it so one could carry all 6 loaded without the firing pin resting directly on a primer. Not sure if it's drop tested though, which is a concern.
>>
> 2015
> actually owning a wheel gun

fud detected.
>>
>>28287570
>owning a SAA makes you a fudd
>spelling fudd incorrectly
Fuck off, newfag
>>
>>28287570
>not collecting a multitude of guns with various actions

true fud detected
>>
>>28286071
The balance of the SAA handguns are great, they point great, and their good balance makes it easy to do tricks with them.
>>
File: bob munden.jpg (77 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
bob munden.jpg
77 KB, 350x233
>>28287570
The ghost of Bob Munden called and told me to tell you to shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>28287854
fudd*
>>
>>28287570
Look, man, I came here to post about "Tokerevs may not seem as amazing to spin as a wheel gun when you look at them, but it's great to be able to spin a semi auto as well", but then I saw this.

Owning a wheel gun isn't something to be ashamed of. It's nice, and you ought to be ashamed of your awful spelling and the fact that you can't even insult people properly. Fuck you.
>>
>>28286071
He's pretty good.
>>
>>28287921
You don't understand how bad I want a tok with a spur hammer and adjustable revolver sights.
>>
>>28287570
poorfag with only slavshit detected. Keep talking about how your p64 is a good carry pistol though.
>>
>>28287921
you spin a semiauto and you got a good chance of accidentally pulling the trigger if you fuck up

theres a reason the only pistols spun are single action revolvers with the hammer down
>>
>>28288298
Why isn't a P64 not a valid option? I'm considering buying one because I think it'd be a cool addition to my fun collection, and the idea of CCing it has crossed my mind. I'm possibly going to be moving to Jew York or the DC wastelands for work, so something like that would be good since there's no way something like a P64 could be banned by even the most zealous police state.
I've read some good reviews on it byt if you have any cons to it esp as a CCW I'd love to know them.
>>
>>28287543
>Other than showing off some dexterity skills, that's bad for the pistol. It puts unnecessary wear on the screws that keep the frame together.
You have to spin it both ways so it will equalize
>>
Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.
>>
File: courtesy-gunshopfinder.com_.jpg (41 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
courtesy-gunshopfinder.com_.jpg
41 KB, 500x324
>>28288303
Oh man, it's a shame that there are no single action semi-auto handguns. Oh wait...
>>
>>28287543
I doubt a bit of inertia from being swiveled around a soft, fleshy digit will even come close to the vibration and flex cause by the gun containing a miniature explosion.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.