[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked up an M1A scout squad for my SHTF rifle, looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 294x171
Just picked up an M1A scout squad for my SHTF rifle, looking for advice on how I should molest it. Pic related, I really like the EBR set up, but I'm not sure how heavy I actually want it. I'm thinking I'll be carrying 6 20 round magazines with a ten rounder loaded to reduce weight. Anyone got anything to add? I really don't know much about scout scopes, but I am happy with the irons.
>>
>>30217246
Ditch the 10 for a 20, learn how to use a sling.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10 KB, 276x183
Shameless bump; another set up I was looking at, but I hate the forward grip.
>>
>>30217246

Reliably hit a dinner plate at 200 yards (something the rifle can easily do) before you rice it.
>>
File: 1372909901023.jpg (85 KB, 900x657) Image search: [Google]
1372909901023.jpg
85 KB, 900x657
>SHTF

How fast can you run three miles, how many continuous pushups, situps, and pullups can you do, and how much can you benchpress?
>>
>>30217407
>benchpress
>SHTF

kekaroonies.
>>
>>30217407
I work in the oil field bub, I'm not worried about my fitness.
>>
>>30217409
>implying lifting doesn't make you better

It's okay, lanklet, don't worry about it.
>>
>>30217407
takes me about 3 hours to run 3 miles, i can do like half a pushup, 3 sit-ups, half a pull up and benchpress a 45 lbs ba
>Am i a navy seal yet
>>
>>30217401
I can already do that with my r700, need some practice with open sights and a scout scope though.
>>
>>30217417
>implying lifting makes you better at SHTF

Its okay, meathead, dont worry about it.

>>TFW the majority of operators are what /fit/ would classify at "lanklet" simply due to the fact that surviving and operating is 90% cardio and small muscle manipulation.

Fuck reality though, amirite?
>>
>>30217431
That hasn't been the reality in close to three decades now.
>>
File: 1454295852059-h.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1454295852059-h.png
32 KB, 271x243
The fuck? Is this /fit/ faggots?
>>
File: Us forces in syria.jpg (228 KB, 668x377) Image search: [Google]
Us forces in syria.jpg
228 KB, 668x377
>>30217475
>That hasn't been the reality in close to three decades now.

You are stupid as fuck. You will NEVER admit you are wrong either, because you are that fucking stupid and full of yourself.

>inb4 rare muscle bound endomorph.
>>
>>30217419
Yes. Your local recruiter will be contacting you shortly

Protip: the Seals LOVE bronies
>>
File: Pattycakes.jpg (233 KB, 671x615) Image search: [Google]
Pattycakes.jpg
233 KB, 671x615
>>30217431
>>30217496

Look friendo, I'm legitimately trying to help here against my better judgement, as I think actual information is noble to spread and it pains me to see people that try to prepare for shit while not honing the most important tool, their body.

The majority of SOF actually lift like a motherfucker when they're not too busy in the field. You bulk and lift hard and then by necessity cut while deployed. A decent amount, not all, but a decent amount even juice. Personally I didn't like the idea of doing that myself, but I'm not going to judge, you're in a harsh position where you're trying to be the best.

For example with benchpressing, in some places in the Rangers, what is referred to as 225 for 25 has been a thing for a while now. I would cite me having actually earned my Scroll and Tab as my source but >do you think someone would actually do that, just go on the internet and tell lies?, so instead I'd suggest doing actual fucking research and not buying into the meme that fatties and lanklets tell themselves to feel better, you stupid ignorant fuck.
>>
>>30217495
Can't walk, can't run, can't lift? Can't fight. You don't need to be he-man, lord knows I'm not. But desu senpai, when you hit the wall against your own poor cardio, no amount of mass or tone will pull you through. Only one thing will fucking help you, and that's O2 in your bloodstream.

Can't move enough air to move you? That's a bad situation to be in. Get an exercise bike, breh. It ain't very hard.
>>
Any ideas for a good sidearm with this rifle? I've got a P938, it will work but I looked at an H&K USP .45 with a threaded barrel yesterday....
>dat mag release tho
Such a bad ass pistol. Don't know if I want to drop the $$$ though.
>>
>>30217407
I can run 3 miles in 3 minutes, do 400000 pushups, and do over 9001 pullups.
I don't even need a gun to murder and rape your little boi pussi senpai.
>>
>>30217514
OP here, I agree with you buddy, being 300lbs or 120 with no muscle will not lend itself well to survival in any dangerous scenario. But this is /k/, not /fit/. I'm looking for a sidearm and weapon advice, not fitness. I am more than happy with my own. That being said, it should never be neglected.
>>
>>30217495
some fag always posts muh /fit/ in threads, even if it has nothing to do with them. Lifting is aight, but humanity was able to kill eachother for gorillions of years without a weight room, but they need to justify themselves somehow.
>>
File: 1453192703638.jpg (501 KB, 1335x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453192703638.jpg
501 KB, 1335x1200
>>30217431
>>30217496
>>30217514
As a follow up, Ricky seems pretty legit to me and another good example.
>>
File: 1463824238468-k.jpg (81 KB, 350x428) Image search: [Google]
1463824238468-k.jpg
81 KB, 350x428
Hey OP why did you choose the scout model instead of the socom 16? Been considering both of them.
>>
>>30217514
>inb4 rare muscle bound endomorph

>He posts one anyways

Wew lad.

> I would cite me having actually earned my Scroll and Tab as my source

Weeew lad.

>and not buying into the meme that fatties and lanklets tell themselves to feel better, you stupid ignorant fuck.

/fit/ imposter confirmed, newfag to boot.

Git.
>>
>>30217526
I mean, what do you like, what don't you like? How big are your grips? What's your SHTF scenario? How spoiled are you on good guns? I mean, if this is a combat pistol you're looking for, you've picked the best/worst market, the options are endless. Glocks work, HK works, (old?) SIGs work, CZs are nice, Beretta are also nice if a bit funky in operation, Steyr Ms are also really neat. What's your environment? Fine dirt/sand? Jesus christ, you asked one of the most heavily opined upon topics in Gun Interwebs history.
>>
>>30217558
The Socom 16 is just too short, and doesn't have a muzzle brake, in addition having 2 more inches of barrel makes a HUGE difference. 16 is just too short for the .308 imo. You lose a lot of velocity without gaining much in the way of versatility. It might as well be an AK at that point. You can actually do some pretty amazing stuff with an 18 inch barrel and muzzle brake. I just don't like the 16, too many trade offs. That being said it isn't a bad rifle, It just won't do what I want it to.
>>
>>30217564
Oh. Okay. You just refuse to learn and would rather fall back on memes to reinforce your cute little notions of physical inferiority somehow being preferable. I mean I don't know what I expected, but I guess at least I gave it a try.
>>
>>30217602
>to reinforce your cute little notions of physical inferiority somehow being preferable.

>still think that the /fit/ memes of endo, meso, and ecto are any way applicable to real life.

For talk about falling back on memes, you sure like to base arguments around one of the biggest memes of a board.

Hey man, believe what you want. This is America after all. They got rid of stolen valor so the world is your oyster. Go forth, anon.
>>
>>30217583
I'm in west Texas so wide open plains and lots of sand. I really like the usp and the sig double stack .45, but I also like the idea of an MP5, even though I'd have to look for a semi auto equivalent. I'd be operating under the assumption of food/water scarcity, and maybe a downed power grid, so riots/looters and the like.
>>
>>30217613
I don't understand. You're the only person saying anything about endomorphs, mesomorphs, and ectomorphs.

Literally all I've said is that the majority of SOF lift hard regardless of their genetics.
>>
>>30217626
>You're the only person saying anything about

>fatties and lanklets/Physical inferiority meaning anything other than the above

Perhaps you are just completely ignorant. (not in the bad way, in the; you simply have no idea what you were implying)
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
USP is my bae though.
>>
>>30217642
Being a fat or skinny piece of shit has nothing to do with outdated overgeneralized body types.

I'm growing more suspicious that this is at least partially bait, and I've said my piece in the interest of education, so have a good day I guess.
>>
>>30217620
If your plan is to defend your homestead until the state militia can arrive, you're gonna want as much pop as your gear can carry, so you're almost definitely looking at a full-sized handgun. MP5 is not a sidearm, it's a mini-fighting weapon, or at least it was before the M4 came out.

If you're planning to bug out with some sort of transport, you're still gonna want as much bang as you can bring. Ideally, that means a Wonder 9, but if you want .45, DESU this is America, go for it if you can afford to have plenty of rounds on hand, it's 2016, there are plenty of doublestack 45s that work. Really, there are so many great pistols. Shoot, find one you like, work it. Your rifle is much more important unless you're trying to avoid attention, and even then, to a point.
>>
>>30217669
>I suspect that this was bait
Took long enough to find that conclusion. Not him, I appreciate your posts
>>
>>30217669
>Being a fat or skinny piece of shit has nothing to do with outdated overgeneralized body types.

Not on /fit/. Ignorance confirmed. Avoid using /fit/ memes you dont understand.

Being a skinny piece of shit is not the same as being a lanklet, meme wise. Michael Phelps is a lanklet.
>>
Op get an 18" and stick to GI fiberglass stocks. Very light but adequately durable and they don't interfere with accuracy.

Fancy JAE and metal rails errywhere stocks add tons of weight.
>>
>>30217526
Desert eagle or a masterkey on a pistol grip
>>
>>30217690
Not him, No I don't appreciate his posts.
>>
>>30217701
They also dont do anything good for accuracy
>>
>>30217548
>humanity was able to kill eachother for gorillions of years without a weight room
the same can be said about guns. i'm not advocated being a meathead, but some simple routine exercises can help you be more combat effective, like guns.
>>
>>30217701
This. Do not ruin the weight/balance benefits you gained with the 18" scout length with a shitty unbalanced 6 lb "tacticool" stock.
>>
>>30217838
Yeah, any ideas on a scout scope?
>>
>>30217859
Why are you dead set on a scope?

I shoot my scout length M1A with the factory irons, even in three gun.

Adding any side saddle scope to the M14 platform adds around 2+ pounds of weight and the barrel clamp scout rail is only good for scopes with super eye relief or red dots.
>>
>>30217898
I live in the plains, long distance shots are the norm here. Also, since I wear glasses if they got lost somewhere along the way I would still have an option to take those shots. Redundancy and function in my environment.
>>
>>30217898
This. People buy M1A's all the time and instantly mount the heaviest scope/side saddle rail and rings on the rifle. Then they call it a heavy bitch after adding four pounds of dead weight.
>>
>>30217413
I didnt know oil workers were fit. Most of them ive seen are fat
>>
>>30217407
>How fast can you run three miles, how many continuous pushups, situps, and pullups can you do, and how much can you benchpress?

Wrong questions faggot.

I drop you in nowhere lqnd with an unmarked map. Find something.

Full ruck, can you do 20 klicks without a DI yelling at your ass?

Benchpress is bullshit, what can you lift off the ground?

Any idea how to use a 2.5lb axe without cutting off your toes?

Set a snare? (this is like pretty important and stuff)

Light a fire with minimal smoke trail? (this too)

Lay in wait without detection?

not crossfire your buds once something becomes target?

Also regarding benchpress, in the field you're SOOOOO much more likely to use bicep strength to pull YOU or buddy up and over than to shove something up and off...

know how to find food,water, shelter....Fucka plastic stock.

Errybody stays their distance when a 308 goes bang. unless you're a bandit, then a warning into the air is about all you need SHTF.

Get fuud, get fire, get water, and for fucks sake, make shelter.

Source: I've been fucked... shelter and fire save you, food and water sustain you. everything else is either a burden or luxury
>>
>>30217975

Postman here

I probably missed SOMETHING
fire
shelter
water
food

ohhh.....

Enormous and infallible resolve to survive.

dis shit is mental. ALL mental. any boomstick will do ( and it's really really a luxury, snare and fish, hide from bandits)
>>
Also OP, my M14gery is a 24" with GI style fiberglass and weighs 8lb fully loaded. Very easy to carry and shoot even though I'm dangerously skinny and anemic. It's lighter than most ar15s.

With fiberglass, an 18" and careful choice of optics and mounts you can have a very handy battle rifle indeed.
>>
>>30217975
not OP

>all full backpacks have the same weight

>klicks
just say kilometer, faggot

>Any idea how to use a 2.5lb axe without cutting off your toes?
even without any practise, this is not a problem if youre not an idiot who doesnt pay attention to anything

>know how to find food,water, shelter....Fucka plastic stock
what does a rifle stock have to do with those things and why would they be mutually exclusive?

>Source: I've been fucked...
no doubt
>>
>>30217514
>A decent amount, not all, but a decent amount even juice

Marinefag detected.

Real SOF know that on deployment (to FOB or worse) there is no supply of hormones. Those levels drop, you grow tits, you lose a HUGE amount of strength,

Only morons, undeployables, and contractors use juice.

benchpress, please... pull a buddy over the top a collapsing cinder block wall with your pecs. good luck fag
>>
>>30218050
>even without any practise
You've obviously never seen an inexperienced axeman

I've been fucked because of things... operations go to shit alot more than you imagine in your night terrors
>>
>>30218050
>>all full backpacks have the same weight

No shit amirte?

as much ruck as you need and can handle... thats how much
>>
>>30218022
>Also OP, my M14gery is a 24" with GI style fiberglass and weighs 8lb fully loaded. Very easy to carry and shoot even though I'm dangerously skinny and anemic. It's lighter than most ar15s.
>With fiberglass, an 18" and careful choice of optics and mounts you can have a very handy battle rifle indeed.

M1A is a chunk no matter how you kit that bitch.

Personally, I'd rather do a PTR- but dat patriotism....

Just make sure the ammo feeds well, you shoot straight, and It's all good.

You want a barrel that kills man and beast, so 308 is right where you want to be.
>>
>>30218083
so the question is basicly useless, because the ruck weight is the variable here, and not the distance you can go with the ruck?
>>
>>30217540
I wish I could run at 60 MPH
>>
>>30218175
>so the question is basicly useless, because the ruck weight is the variable here, and not the distance you can go with the ruck?

yeah I jumped right into that trollish semantic argument

if you're trying to be serious, a lightweight packout in summer in temperate climate minus clothing and weapons system is about 12 kilograms

full packout summertime minus clothing and weapons is 18-20

fall temperate jumps to 20-30kilos

deep fall 30 minimum (bivy, stakes, encampment gear)

past that it only matters how comfortable you want to be.

But like I mentioned it's semantics, you want to ruck 20 kilometers if you want to really move.

If things seem neutral, you might not move for a couple days and then do a quick 10 kilometers just to be less detectable..

None of this is US Army/Marine/airman/seaman
all based on parameters listed in my guidebook

US servicemen wish they went that light, add some pounds or something
>>
>>30218200
>I wish I could run at 60 MPH

I SAID IT'S ALL MENTAL

YOU MUST WILL IT, AND RED-PILL IT
>>
OP here, my total for my entire kit is probably around 50 lbs, I'm 6'0 and 190 lbs, I can carry it around no problem.
>>
>>30218321
>OP here, my total for my entire kit is probably around 50 lbs, I'm 6'0 and 190 lbs, I can carry it around no problem.

50 pounds WITH weapons?

No problem?

Keep going soldier/marine!

add convenience items, shelter items, food, anything until it becomes a burden. Then Overcome that fucking burden go until you can ruck a fucking cement truck but then again.

shelter
water
food
warmth

yes, me again, armor is bottom of the list.

shelter!

Water

Food

warmth

then.... way way down there... security.

security is as easy as moving... which at your height/weight you can do.....

no threat stay, REAL threat run, percieved threat , ruckit
>>
>>30217413
What, like manning the deep fryer at McDonalds?
>>
>>30218394
Lol, I'm no soldier, just a corn fed Texas boy. Is 50 lbs a lot? I have carried my kit with me to work every day for around two years sans weapons.( I walk to work about 50% of the time). The extra lbs from the rifle and 5 20 rounders doesn't bug me too much.
>>
>>30218394
By the way, it's 30 without weapons and about 50 locked and loaded.
>>
>>30218468
>Lol, I'm no soldier, just a corn fed Texas boy. Is 50 lbs a lot?

No, 80=120lb is alot, and what is expected of a male unit soldier, Mostly because you need to carry shit for the team, not just you.

On the other hand, carry lightweight for you and a bud, then those limits i listed way earlier are normal (minus clothing and weapons.... ALWAYS minus clothing and weapons-bullets,scopes, everything)

Cornfed tex-boy? I heft 40lb on EACH shoulder over 500 meters just to make the boss happy. I'm an old man, so beat that now or work on it. Yeah, it's ontario, and it's not far but I do it with a smile, not a hufff.
>>
>>30218651
Yeah, I could carry more I just don't see a purpose in it. Not to get in a pissing match but I change tires on cranes and throw around some pretty heavy rigging, shackles, and pads on a daily basis for hours at a time. Why carry more when you can go further with less?
>>
>>30218017
Try picking up meditation. It's good for dealing with stress if nothing else.

All you're really doing is setting your emotional baggage down for a min.
>>
>>30218321
>50lb, no problem

Good. Now try pushing yourself. See if you can walk to the next town over. Doesn't have to be the next town but should be more than a mile. Do that with the full pack on and see how you feel. If that's not a challenge, go further. Run that distance with the pack on.

This isn't just about exercise, it's about finding your limits and knowing how to push them.
>>
>>30219026
>tfw my walk to work is more than a mile
>>
>>30219026
Walking around in the middle of the day in west Texas summers is pretty brutal DESU. My girlfriend and I actually ride bikes about 40 miles once or twice a week in 100+degree weather. Once the wind gets going over you it isn't so bad. Just need plenty of water. I'm in pretty good shape I just don't know why everyone is emphasizing fitness so much. It's like everyone thinks everyone else is a 300lb + tacticool basement dweller that can't walk to the mailbox without panting.
>>
>>30219155
>It's like everyone thinks everyone else is a 300lb + tacticool basement dweller that can't walk to the mailbox without panting.

Surprisingly common that people who prepare for SHTF are fat idiots who think that fancy gear will get them through the apocalypse. That or lanky as fuck. But this thread is pretty autistic about weight and fitness so that's also really stupid.

Speaking of Texas i'm moving to houston next week. During hurricane season, what the fuck is wrong with me. Humidity is brutal, i guess west texas is drier, San Antinio is as far west as i've been though. But if you can be physically active in texas heat you're good to go IMO. I've been out jogging in July in houston, you get soaking wet really fast but it's not too bad as long as you hydrate properly like you said.
>>
>>30219211
>Houston
I'm sorry anon.
Tons of niggers out there, that is where they went after Katrina, it's a pretty dangerous place. You have to brave hurricanes, huge ass mosquitoes, ungodly heat+humidity, and now even chimpouts
>>
>>30219413
Well, Sugar Land is mostly asians all over the place and few niggers. They tend to be concentrated in other parts of the Houston metro area. So it's ok. Not gonna live close to any section 8 areas. But i do want to move the fuck out of that place in the long term but i'll have to stick with it for a couple of years.
>>
>>30217246
>>30217246
I picked up an m1a about a year ago myself.
Haven't done alot of work on it, but I've done alot of research (and some shooting).
I plan on unitizing the gas cylinder as well as replacing the gas piston, guide rod, springs, and trigger assembly with match/USGI parts. This will aid its accuracy immensely.
I also plan on getting a sadlak scope mount and bedding the receiver in a McMillan M2A stock. The EBR stock is also a good option (probably better) because you don't need any kind of bedding. My main concern is accuracy, I want to make a sort of DMR platform. If you're looking for sheer function, I'd recommend replacing the hammer, disconnector, and extractor with USGI parts (or use Fulton armory's offerings) just to add a little to its reliability (mim may be passable in this day of age, but it's still not as good as forged). I wouldn't really recommend the archangel stock, as it won't really give you any benefit over a USGI fiberglass one.
>>
>>30219467
Thanks for the advice /k/ommrade
>fukkin saved
>>
>>30219432
What are you doing out there
>>
>>30219752
The reason i'm moving there is because i'm getting married to a woman who lives there. Made more sense for me to move there. Lots of engineering jobs in the area.
>>
>>30219790
>doesn't even live with the woman he's marrying
Is her son's father ok with you doing this?
>>
>>30219872
I'm a eurofag so for legal reasons it's the best option.
>>
File: 20160516_102107.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160516_102107.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
The ebr is a pig to hump around.

Not gonna lie, you wont be fast moving. Especially with steep terrain. I tried to hunt with it last year as a lanklett and it quickly was apparent that I needed to tighten that sling up and let that take the load, cause after mile 1.5 my arms burned.

It does, however, increase your precision. The barrel tensioning screw is just fantastic.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 720x540
>>30219026
>walk to the next town over
>do that with a full pack on

That makes it a ruck not a walk dumbass.
>>
>>30217246
>purposely wants to make rifle heavy
>compromises by reducing ammo to save weight
>a metal cawadooty stock is preferable to ammunition
>shtf
>>
>>30218964
>Try picking up meditation. It's good for dealing with stress if nothing else.
>All you're really doing is setting your emotional baggage down for a min.
YES

if you're around 80-100lbs

its mental. and I've said that more than once.

MENTAL.

over 120lbs becomes PHYSICALLY arduous

30-1000 pounds is a mental game... AND STILL NOT COUNTING WEAPONRY AND AMMUNITION
>>
>>30217386
pretty sure that set up has been said to weigh way fuck more than a loaded 20 mag would ever weigh.
>>
I've been doing 3 item camping for about 2 years now, every third weekend or so I will go for an overnight hike with:

>Blanket + Knife + Water bottle.

I switch out the items to practice with different types.

Personally a good 3 season sleeping bag, a small fixed blade knife and a plastic 2L water bottle tend to work best for me. The knife is for shaving kindling, I use a lighter to get a fire started. Everything packs into my sleeping bag which I carry slung to my chest. I can start a fire with sticks in an emergency and find fresh water based on vegetation.

I don't think I would carry a weapon, the less things I have the less important I am to anyone, and my skills fixing things and first aid knowledge make me valuable to keep alive. Food will be everywhere because panicked people will hoard it and likely die with a lot of it around them.

The way I see it, you won't be prepared for when something happens, so your ability to scavenge, repair, and retrofit gear is paramount, and the more shit you have the more of a target you become for others who want it.

If you're an experience hunter or trapper then great for you, but that tends to take years of practice, how is your aim on an empty stomach and heavy fatigue.

About three times a year I get together with 15 or so friends and we do capture and evade long weekends over a 50km national forest, where we practice navigation, camouflage, tracking and signalling. Patience and endurance are the most important skills to survival, first aid and repair are the most important skills for group assimilation.

The idea that you will survive a total collapse alone is mistaken. You should decide now if you will travel and leave your current location, or stay put and defend a position with a group.

I will travel, so all my training and preparation is for covering large distances safely and quietly.
>>
>>30218856
>Yeah, I could carry more I just don't see a purpose in it

FUCKK EAH rightmon mang!

you carry the least you can to get by with. my I bet you'd have a longer stream than me (pissing match) but I Know you have to push longer and harder cause of my badass bladder/kidneys, kidding again m8

hydration is up there with protein , we'd be fucking killing it

Water
Shelter
hydration
warmth

I've changed the order on purpose, and I'm 99% that you get it.

Shelter is actually #1
Water is 2
warmth is kinda good
meat is breddy nice

shuffle as needed for your environmrnt
>>
>>30219026
>See if you can walk to the next town over

In texas, seriously....

try it someday.

I'm obv. the main poster here and I'm obv not half as dumb as you seem to be.

Michfag, seamanfag, toughfag
>>
File: 1417476851618.jpg (18 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1417476851618.jpg
18 KB, 300x378
>>30217431
>Strength doesn't aid in survival
>>
>>30220249
No, muscular and skeletal fatigue will happen.

If you are out of shape, and rolling around with an additional 50% of your body weight, you will hurt yourself. Especially in bad terrain.
>>
>>30219467
What model ebr stock?
>>
File: 1463556313511.gif (3 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1463556313511.gif
3 MB, 300x290
>>30217431
I came to this thread just so I could tell you that you may be legitimately retarded
I say this not as an insult but as a warning

get checked out
>>
>>30217973
Do you even understand the kind of weight they work with on rigs? Those guys move heavy shit really fast and they do it in repetitions across the whole day. You almost need to pack fat to store those calories for the work.
>>
>>30218240
This is the most traditional use of the term redpill I've seen in a while.
>>
>>30218582
More if you've gotta be ready to skirmish or csar, even more if you're going into combat. Honestly, as an army airborne brat I don't like the idea of not being ready for combat at all times. Weapon, secondary, sidearm, melee/utility tools, and a buttload of armor ob top of my gear. And this is even after considering I was taught to pack light and rotate throhgh things than burden myself with redundancies.
>>
>>30218964
Son, you need to be able to do that without thinking, while being fired at, having mortars grenades and bombs drop over you, and gaving people you like die in front if you.

Can you shoot a man? A woman? A child? A pupper? Have you practiced firing at photorealistic targets of armed assailants? How do you deal with an asshole up in your face barking mad and trying to eat your face?
>>
>>30220145
I'm still trying to track down a few 30rd mags so I don have to carry fifteen fycking boxes to get a minimum combat load of three hundred rounds.
>>
>>30220347
Lighter is a fourth item.
>>
>>30219155
>actually ride bikes about 40 miles once or twice a week in 100+degree weather
That's reasonably fit for most Americans.
Not>>30219026
But it's not like you ride your bike with sustaining and fighting load on your back.
One could run a marathon. But that doesn't necessary mean he could run 10 km with full gear on.
>>
>>30217407
>>
>>30220768
Any SAGE EBR stock will do the same to the best of my knowledge. They all have a barrel tension screw and are made of aluminum (making bedding not necessary).
>>
File: 1461594385160-h.jpg (40 KB, 347x434) Image search: [Google]
1461594385160-h.jpg
40 KB, 347x434
>>30222454
Awesome thanks man.
>>
>>30217246
OP, I have a white JAE-100 G3 I'll sell you on the cheap. Not even kidding. Only thing is I don't have the scout handguard. You could easily cut it though. Mine is back in it's glorious walnut.
>>
>>30218394

That is a good weight for equipment!

If you think it from a backpacking point of view, keeping a bag undrer 30 kg or 60 pounds makes sense because there WILL be injuries if it is heavier and you haul it 10-15 km a day - you can physically do it but a really heavy bag makes injuries much more likely.

Also, constant 30 km a day becomes hard with heavy bags, even 30 kg. Injuries will follow soon.
>>
>>30219467
Does the Archangel stock do anything other than look cool?
>>
>>30225129
I hate the new zigzag stock designs, give me the classic m1a any day of the week. I'll swap wood for synthetic just to reduce moisture and warping issues cause I like be prepared and lazy
>>
>>30217514
i can hit 225 for 23
>>
>>30218071
deadlift squat and overhead press would be better indicators, but a becnh press will improve OHP so theres that.
>>
>>30222018
you being cheeky mate, i have clothes and shoes on too. A lighter is something you should always carry on you, in case of an emergency you can burn through your seatbelt, signal for help, find a way out if buried in an collapsed building, and obviously start a fire. Everyone should have a one handed method to light a fire and get dry.
>>
>>30217409
>primal pushing movement
>shtf
Hmmmm.
>>
>>30222467
Also, if you have anything but a basic plastic stock on there now, I'd recommend changing the stock last because it's not uncommon to get very little improvement when upgrading from wood or fiberglass to aluminum (but if you still just have the plastic stock, go ahead and change that out first). If you've got a quality stock on there already, you'll see the most improvement from changing the guide rod, changing the piston, unitizing the gas cylinder, and changing the springs (in that order). If you're still wanting tighter groups, change out the stock. If that doesn't do it, you may have an issue with your flash hider, gas system, or barrel.

>>30225129
It's more sturdy than the plastic stocks that come with most of Springfield's m1a's, but still not as sturdy as a USGI fiberglass one. In general, there's 4 stock materials to pick from for a m1a, and a good rule of thumb is:
Plastic/Synthetic< Wood< Fiberglass< Aluminum
It's important to note that you can get the same performance out of a bedded fiberglass stock that an aluminum one would offer, but m1a's tend to shake apart their bedding and will require a re-bedding from time to time unlike most bolt guns.

>>30225506
The flexing issues of the plastic stocks will be just as bad as the warping of the wood stocks (if not worse), you just won't have to worry about decay. Get a fiberglass stock or aluminum chassis if you're concerned with the accuracy stunting of warping/flexing.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.