[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watch_Dogs 2 3D printed handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 991x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 991x750
Hey, /k/, /v/ here. The trailer for edge_dogs 2 came out and protag ises a 3D printed gun. Not a liberator, but a gun that's supposed to last as long and punch as hard as an actual gun. So, would this actually work IRL?

https://youtu.be/m2qEYCuFxGs
>>
how did they green light a sequel?
>>
>>30216181
All of those sweet pre-order dollars everyone keeps sending them.
>>
Various parts still need to be metal no matter what. Plastic after all can only hold so much pressure. Think of the "cannon" part that holds the cartridge being the metal. To make it repeat each shot, it needs metal springs. Which could be pen springs and shit.
>>
>>30216312

WTF are you on about m8?
>>
>>30216312

>"cannon" part
>repeat each shot
>pen springs

Retard confirmed.
>>
People think of 3D printing as some kind of "hot glue gun" type deal where it squirts out plastic to make shapes.

That's just the cheapest way to make things work.

Imagine what you could do if you had a CNC mill that could sinter metal parts out of powder and finish them with the mill.
>>
>>30216312
maybe, or maybe only the CIA has figured it out
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1202/is-it-possible-to-make-an-undetectable-nonmetal-gun
>>
File: 1396491513855.jpg (33 KB, 471x203) Image search: [Google]
1396491513855.jpg
33 KB, 471x203
>>30216388
Metal 3d printers exist. Wanna know what would happen if you tried to make a gun?
>>
>>30216413
I'm not saying it's possible right now, but the game takes place in the future. Someone probably figured out a way to make metal deposition work in a way that isn't incredibly brittle.
>>
It'll probably be a long while before a printer with the ability to print out a functional gun on the same level as a manufacturer (i.e. press print, get pistol), but better 3D printed guns could definitely be made.

>It's a near future setting, we gotta make buying guns futuristic too!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZYKMBDm4M
>>
>>30216146

No. literally retarded. Autistic as shit. Yeah, the gun even comes out complete and you just have to put the bullets in. No assembly required LOL.
>>
>>30216146
Cue the game letting you print DOGs and shut and retards crying to ban assault printers.
>>
>>30216534
*RPGs fucking auto-correct
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.