[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be in crowded movie theater >gunman comes in with full-retard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1416282390257.png (476 KB, 792x887) Image search: [Google]
1416282390257.png
476 KB, 792x887
>be in crowded movie theater
>gunman comes in with full-retard weapon and lots of ammo

Is it better to be sitting in the front?
>near the exits to make a hasty getaway
>one of the first people shooter sees upon entering

Or is it better to be up at the top in the back?
>can hit the deck
>lots of bullet sponge between you and shooter
>probably not gonna make it out of the theater until after shooter is done

If anybody with hero fantasies wants to chime in, I could use a giggle at the moment.
>>
He's gonna have a real hard time shooting me through a computer screen.
>>
>>30215856
this tbfh senpai
>>
>>30215812
In the back. He'll hit all the people in front before his AR jams... this actually happened in Aurora. They're incredibly jam prone with those 60-100 round mags, and would be especially in full auto.

I'd choose to be in the front though. I'd rather die charging him than die running away. But like I'd be caught without a weapon. That's like being a caveman without a spear in these savage times.
>>
Why waste money on the garbage they peddle as entertainment anyway?
>>
>>30215919

I've always got my cc on me too, anon. And you bet your ass I'll draw it. But if I'm up in the back and there are a bunch of bodies and seats in between me and him, I'm gonna hit the deck and stay down until the shooting stops. If he walks by my aisle you bet I'll mag dump into him but actually sticking my head out and risking my ass on the off chance I'll get a shot off? Fuck that.
>>
>>30215812
>>lots of bullet sponge between you and shooter
>implying .223/x39 fmj couldnt potentially penetrate two or three people
put me in the front. if i survive him opening fire ill make it out. in the back without a weapon youre just hoping he has a malfunction that he doesnt know how to fix or someone comes to save you.
>>
>>30216048

>implying implications implicating implicated implicators implicating implicationally
>>
>>30215919
You think you can hit someone from across a movie theater with a carry gun (sub or compact handgun usually), while the innocent bystanders are all running around screaming, in a darkish setting, and the gunman shooting a rifle at your general direction?
But then again, I wonder how he would've reacted, would he have kept shooting or would he have run off?
>>
File: 1376303474930.jpg (31 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1376303474930.jpg
31 KB, 225x225
>>30216092
let me help you, friend. take this pic and shitpost more effectively next time.
>>
>>30216111

You're trying to be helpful, that's not lost on me, and I appreciate it. But this is my thread and I'll shitpost in whatever way I see fit.
>>
File: best row.png (11 KB, 613x502) Image search: [Google]
best row.png
11 KB, 613x502
>>30215812
The best defense is going a week or more after the movie is out, honestly. Only the crowded showings get shot up. When my wife and I do go to the movies, which isn't that often, we sit in the middle. In the back of our minds we're thinking of ease of returning fire, but mostly it's because the best view of the screen is in the row right behind the aisle.
>>
If you're not armed,the best thing to do is drop dead on the floor. If you're in a packed cinema,he's not going to go around checking all the corpses. So just lie face down in the ground,close you eyes and pretend to be dead. Worked for me in Afghanistan, surely it'll work in a cinema.
>>
>>30215812
2nd from the top is prime real estate.
>>
>>30215919
>They're incredibly jam prone with those 60-100 round mags

If you buy shit mags/drums. The D60 is solid.
>>
File: 1459153747764.jpg (133 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
1459153747764.jpg
133 KB, 500x553
>going to the movies
gud goy
>>
>>30219732
>lay the foundation pupper

but seriously though, this. Why the fuck would you go to the movies to drop $10-15 on what most likely is going to be pretty crappy and available to see for free in a few weeks.
>>
>>30216103
>High ground
>50 yards
>Target silhouetted by the screen
>Anyone danger close to him is already on the ground
>Not actively being targeted
I could probably do that, though I'll admit the sudden stress might fuck up my aim.

>But then again, I wonder how he would've reacted, would he have kept shooting or would he have run off?
I think that depends on the shooter, but iirc most shooters just an hero when they lose control of the situation so maybe you'll get luck and he'll just off himself.
>>
>>30215812
I think this depends, at least somewhat, on the theater's layout. Because things like

> in the back without a weapon youre just hoping he has a malfunction that he doesnt know how to fix or someone comes to save you. (>>30216048)

Don't apply in my theater where you can jump down from the top straight to the entrances, or just use the stairs that go straight there.

That said OP, I'll take the top back, that way you can at least watch people, hopefully giving you some warning when the shooter comes in/draws.
>>
>>30220006
>50 yards

Wew, lad. Where do you live with 50yd long cinema seat columns?
>>
>>30217604
>Worked for me in Afghanistan
Story time?
>>
>>30219879
To be big guys and say they saw the latest capeclone. A better question would be: Why would you go to a theater to text the whole time?

A better question is
>>
>>30215812
Back.

>hit deck
>draw gun
>tactically mag dump while screaming 'my body is a temple' in the general direction of the flashes
>hit deck
>reload
>crawl away like a snake
>>
>>30215812
I live in Alabama, so the biggest concern would be getting caught in the crossfire as 20% or more of the theater patrons opened up on the gunman. So, back of the theater for me, I guess.
>>
>>30220062
South-East Mitten, but desu I meant 20 yards. No idea where 50 came from, I must have hit the five on my keypad instead.
>>
File: IMG_20130619_001145_zps62bf039e.jpg (52 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130619_001145_zps62bf039e.jpg
52 KB, 1024x768
>>30215812
I'll be honest. Right after Aurora I cc pic related at the theater for awhile because of the idea of dealing with body armor.

Then I went back to carrying my regular ccw after a few months because I felt sort of silly.
>>
>>30220084
I jumped inna ditch when the caravan I was protecting came under fire.
>>
I have hero fantasies and I'm not ashamed of them.

Depending on the place and the situation, of course.

I never sit in the front, first row. Like, people actually do this? You can't see shit.
I usually sit around rows 4-7. Not much more further than that. So maybe my only chance is to duck and wait until the fucker gets confident, then rise and pop that nigger with two in the torso and one in the head.
>>
>>30220338
You sure as fuck ain't a hero, but you are my nigga.
>>
>>30220338
>jumped in a ditch

Is that you, Yeager?
>>
Just started reading about the aurora shooting. Didn't realize he only fired 76 shots and hit 70 including a few people in a different theater all together from the bullets going through the the theater wall.

Pretty good thing his AR jammed.

I only checked wikipedia but I wish there were better accounts on how everything went down so we could better react in case something like this does go down.
>>
>>30220237
And here I thought I overreacted switching back from my Glock 26 to my 23 for a while.
>>
>>30220114
>Why would you go to a theater to text the whole time?
>what is, being a woman.

Women already have shit fucked situational awareness, texting just fucks it up even more, so it's perfect!
>"Yup! I'mma text while walking in the streets, in the rough part of town, with my new shiny phone, with drug addicts and shifty character at every street corner, AT NIGHT!"
>"OMG! He grabbed my phone and ran! SEXIST!! Feminism, I need help!"
>>
>>30220338
You weren't protecting the caravan.
>>
>>30220736
And we were having such a thread before the mgtow/child showed up.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.