[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to replace my dead siglite sights on my old p226 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 9A7A3152.jpg (364 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
9A7A3152.jpg
364 KB, 720x1080
Looking to replace my dead siglite sights on my old p226 and I was wondering how the Sig X-Rays hold up to the reputable Trijicon HD's

Can anyone who owns both give some insight or some form of comparison? I would assume the Trijicons are much better built but I want to give the X-Rays a try considering they're $50 cheaper with a front sight that is straight green.
>>
Are glow in the dark sights a fucking fad in the handgun world or something? Every time I search armslist or something there's always a faggot selling their glock or sig with trijicon sights which increases the value $100. Fuck off you'll never use them.
>>
>>30215545
You're right nobody ever gets mugged in the dark
>>
File: maxresdefault (21).jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (21).jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>30215592
Or looks down their sight for that matter
>>
>>30215510
Trijicon BriteNTough. Meprolights are alright too, but you cant color them in different colors due to the paint being under the polished epoxy.

Green front, Yellow rears - White outline front, blank/black rears.

Fuck the others, esp those stupidass TFO's and BigDots/xDots or whatever
>>
>>30215614
I might just go with the Trijicon HD's since they're more well established and to my knowledge have a good warranty/replacement plan that doesn't involve buying another set of sights when they go dim.
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (29 KB, 698x930) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
29 KB, 698x930
>>30215603
Just got my stock sights switched out with these Trijicon's. I like them a lot but I think anything is better than those pos stock sights desu.
>>
>>30215626
I really think I should have gotten a Glock 43 over my Shield. The plastic sights would have given me more of a reason to swap out my sights.

On an unrelated note, is the slide catch on the 43 able to be used as a slide release? My Shield doesn't do it and I don't like that too much.
>>
>>30215644
Yeah I have no trouble using the slide catch but I'm a strong motherfucker and ymmv depending on how much of a fucking beast you are
>>
>>30215644
Not really sure, anon. Mine is a 26 and I always just hand over the slide it, never use the slide release desu.
>>
>>30215603
you dont look at your sights in a self defense situation its all muscle memory
you use the sights when practicing to ingrain that correct hold and everything but in a gunfight you dont have the time to use sights
its point and shoot
>>
>>30215626
I honestly like Glock sights minus that they're made from plastic. It's stupid easy to explain to people how to shoot a defense gun.

>you see the ball
>you see the cup
>put the ball in the cup
>now put that on the target and fire
>>
>>30215667
I hear that the vickers/tango down aftermarket slide release makes it a bit easier to use. Not sure if this guy has one on but he uses it fairly easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97H2ooxlBM

>>30215670
I get why you shouldn't ever hit the slide release but it bothers me that it isn't a feature on my gun.
>>
File: heat3.jpg (248 KB, 824x342) Image search: [Google]
heat3.jpg
248 KB, 824x342
>>30215700
For sure they're easy to show someone but if you want something different/stronger and night sights. I'm glad I made the change but I see your point. I actually thought about that the other day if you had to quickly brief someone on how to use a gun for self defense i.e. that husband coaching his wife while she shot the intruder in GA or something similar, a Glock and their sights would be pretty easy mode.
>>30215729
I wasn't saying you can't, just that I never do. I just prefer to use that method over hitting the slide. Im also a lefty so maybe on a subconscious level that plays into it.
>>
>>30215762
I do encourage people to add whatever sights they want to their guns, but even night sights won't help much if they aren't familiar with handling a handgun. I stress instinctual shooting with sight picture as the backup. Example

>look at the target
>look for the medium center mass (sternum)
>continue to look at it, and slowly draw you pistol
>feel every movement you make in the draw
>bring the gun to your eye level on a full out draw, all the while not breaking eye contact with the target
>when the gun is pointing at the target, check the sights
>repeat
This is used along with cadence drills and stripe drills to instill confidence and body familiarity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azb3q8wOrV4
>>
>>30215938
>if they aren't familiar with handling a handgun
Being as this will be my carry gun and is currently a second home defense gun, I'm pretty comfy with it and had some cash to spend and wanted to upgrade the sights. But I actually plan on taking a class or two on handgun skills or concealed carry shooting, something to that effect.
>>
>>30215994
>I'm pretty comfy with it

Good. Since you are, I have some home/range work for you.
Things you'll need...
-regular size paper plates, 100 pack or more if they're on sale
>sharpie marker
>plinking ammo, half case is good, full case is better
>way to hang targets
>maybe a target stand and measuring tape depending on the range
>eyes and ears

Your target will be a paper plate with a black dot drawn in the center. You can use pasties too, but sharpies allow you to leave notes to yourself (like "you suck" or "git gud"). Distances will be 7, 10, and 15 yards.
From 7 yards, you will fire 10 rounds on a paper plate. That's 10 rounds PER plate, not 12 or 15. ALL 10 MUST HIT for the plate to be considered good. Now, with that done, repeat but only the center of the paper plate. Be hard on yourself. IF you hit the edge, you failed and must try again. This is why we use paper plates. They're cheap and there's a lot of them.

For 10 and 15 yards, the same idea applies. 10 targets whole plate, 10 targets inner circle.

For an added challenge, try out some instinctual shooting on the plates. Bring your gun up without looking at the sights and put 10 rounds on the plate. Feel your shoulders as you go through the courses of fire. Feel your hand placement, and how your body is positioned.

In the end, you should have 60 plates done. 30 with 10 holes each on the whole plate, 30 with 10 holes each only in the center circle. And you should be a much better shooter.

Oh, and feel free to switch back and forth on handguns during this whole thing. And you don't need to do the whole thing in one sitting. The point is to make you a better shooter.
>>
>>30216144
I only have access, to at least this time while in school, to an indoor range. So I would set up the lane and just staple or tape the plates to the large target?
>>
>>30216186
Yea. You can do like3 or 4 plates at a time on a target, then if you fail on one, just move on to the next. Keep your good plates, pitch your failures.
>>
>>30216218
I'll give that a try, anon. I've been looking to do more at the range than just shooting some rounds at the same old targets. Have a 19 so may throw that in the mix also.
>>
>>30216144
OP here and I wasn't even looking into drills but I'm going to try some of these on some B-8's.

Is this recommended for a range that doesn't let you rapid fire?
>>
>>30216226
It's a cheap and effective way to get the most out of your range time, and vastly improve your firearm skills. And if you got a lady friend, it's a great way to start her out down the road of marksmanship.
>>
>>30216314
Thanks for the drill. Could deff save a little cash and paper plate idea does seem cheap and effective.
>>
>>30216300
While officially the later parts of the drill require 10 shots in like 10 or 15 seconds (I forget),you can modify the fire rate as you need to.

And if you have B-8s that's fine, just go whole circle then only black inner circle. Same thing of 7, 10, and 15 yards.

For you and
>>30216352
Scroll down to official Pistol Quals, there's the whole thing. It requires a timer for some. You can try these too.
http://mqp.nra.org/documents/pdf/education/training/marksmanship/qualbook.pdf
>>
>>30216371
>It requires a timer for some.
I'll eventually have to get one. I'd like to get into comp shooting after I grad and have more money and time. Some day get to Jim Zubiena mode.
>>
Is it acceptable to only have a tritium front sight and nothing in the back?
>>
File: 2016-02-26 07.02.07 1_resized.jpg (792 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-26 07.02.07 1_resized.jpg
792 KB, 2656x1494
>>30215510
Fucking better.

After owning several guns with Trijicon HD's and after buying a P226 Legion, I ended up buying a set of X-Ray night sights for my P239.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.