[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good AM magazines for the SKS that don`t have feeding problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: sks.jpg (5 KB, 470x107) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
5 KB, 470x107
Any good AM magazines for the SKS that don`t have feeding problems and aren`t a China Star? Currently running a `78 Yugo M59/66.
>>
>>30214568
Just get an Ak you insufferable imbecile
>>
File: 1402465058197.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
1402465058197.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>>30216075
>>Hurr buy a completely new rifle poorfag
>>
File: 1420767777836.jpg (9 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1420767777836.jpg
9 KB, 255x255
>>30214568
>magazine
>SKS
>>
>>30216087
yes, because all the aftermarket mags are garbage. The stock fixed 10 round mag is the one that works with the SKS. If you want more, get a rifle designed with detachable mags in mind.
>>
>>30214568
BUBBA NO
>>
>>30214568
Rifle is fine with original 10 rnd internal. If you want higher capacity, buy AK. Install internal mag and invest in surplus clips for base rifle of soviet arms.
>>
>>30214568
I've had steel mags and various plastic mags, none of them word very well, at all, or very long. The SKS was designed for an internal magazine, there's an exception with this one variant, SKS-M? But a regular SKS is only meant for the original 10 round mag, and that's just fine.

Appreciate the rifle for it's original design, if you need a higher capacity/more modern design, get an AK type rifle, they're better anyways. I hear Wasrs are supposedly good now, try that.

In a few years, the SKS might start becoming scarce, and those who kept a few and didn't bubba it might start appreciating their value more.
>>
>>30216206

Debatable on if Aks are better. I guess it just depends on what you want. Both are dead nuts reliable. I think the SKS's are a little more accurate in my experience.

I like having an internal magazine because of prone firing, as well as having a magazine that will be a lot harder to make fail than a standard removable mag.

I own both though because im a 7.62x39 whore :P
>>
>>30216224
Ya I own a norinco sks and a vepr ak (Yes converted), and the SKS I got was for 150 bucks and was bubbaed with that god awful magazine. It was extremely unreliable and useless until I replaced its old 10 round magazine I found on ebay and a 10 dollar chinese laminated stock. It's (Almost) never malfunctioned since, so whenever I see someone suggest doing that to an sks I always tell them not to bother.

In my experience the AK is far more reliable, I've shot thousands of rounds through both rifles, I've had 3 malfunctions with the SKS, the AK has never had any issues at all, and I've put more rounds through it.
>>
>>30216254

I agree with keeping the SKS stock in that regard.

I currently own a Romanian SKS and a Romanian Sar-1. Both have never had one problem. Those Romanians make really good shit!

Ive owned a couple Yugos as well.

Thousands of rounds with each rifle and 3 malfunctions isnt that bad of a track record but it is less than what youve had with the AK haha.

The biggest issues ive seen people having with AKS is improper loading of magazines, or mag issues.

The SKS has none of those with the internal mag.
I think both are great, and both have their place. I use my SKS as a backup hunting rifle to my Browning BAR in 30-06 up here in Alaska.

HAvent hunted with my ak yet but plan on doing some hunting on admiralty island this winter which has the worlds highest concentration of brown bear per square mile. Something like 2.5 a square mile. may want a little more firepower over there. Thats one spooky place to hunt thats for sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
My sks does this on a semi frequent basis. Yes, I'm using the fixed mag. Wut do?
>>
>>30216390
The recoil spring might be fucked, replace it.
>>
>>30216390

Oil the damn thing, look at all that rust.
>>
>>30214568
tapcos are the best, but thats basically saying that they're turds that stink less.

China star 20 fixed are garbage too and overpriced. they were made for the civilian market -- China's high-cap military "SKS" was a completely different rifle.

what you need to do is sell your sks and buy an entry level AR and kick yourself for buying a meme gun that doesn't actually suit your needs.
>>
File: 18561.jpg (112 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
18561.jpg
112 KB, 1600x900
>>30214568
Why no Star mag?
Because you think they're too expensive?
How about a non-star chinese mag?
Got mine for $75 and it's gtg.
>>
>>30214568
Buy Pro Mag SKS magazines. Buy the 20 or 30 rounders, the 40 rounders don't work properly

Midway has some http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1506255021/promag-magazine-sks-762x39mm-polymer-black

Do not buy Tapco SKS mags, they do not have a bolt hold open, meaning the magazine requires 3 hands to remove.
>>
>>30218006
BTW I also have the yugo
>>
File: 25999408_s.jpg (33 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
25999408_s.jpg
33 KB, 450x444
>>30216943
No, tapcos are shit
see my post >>30218006
>>
>>30216390
Mine did that frequently. Gave it a good thorough cleaning and I haven't had that happen since (its been about 700 rounds)
>>
>>30216390
Put your mag in a vice and bend the feed lips closer together. Just make sure you don't bend it so much the bolt won't slide between it anymore.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.