[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the samburu as shitty as everyone says? want one for my bugout bag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Is the samburu as shitty as everyone says?
want one for my bugout bag
>>
The wooden portion is supposed to be crappy. Shouldn't be hard to replace though.
>>
>>30211653
ITS NAME IS TOBY!
>>
>>30211653
What does it weigh?
How much does it cost?
What would you use it for in SHTF?
>>
>>30211716

>about 2lbs

>about 40 USD

> in a SHTF scenario, I would use it as a back pack place holder as a last resort hunting tool (out of ammo, no longer feasible to carry my guns and bows) , as well as self defense. It is collapsable, and if I can get good with it, has a 20 meter threat range.

also packs about 2000 foot pounds of damage with a good throw, so can take down everything from frogs (with the pointy end) to bears (with the blade end)
>>
>>30211769
Why are SHTFfags so unbelievably retarded?
>>
>>30211769
This is not OP

I Am OP

Not sure where anon gets 2k foot pounds....
>>
>>30211829

>2k foot pounds

You using your fapping hand or something?
>>
At 30 fps, this thing hits at 40 foot pounds.

Idk where the fuck 2000 came from
>>
>>30211653

where can i buy one of these
>>
>>30211867
Amazon
>>
File: skelehell.jpg (3 MB, 1921x1077) Image search: [Google]
skelehell.jpg
3 MB, 1921x1077
>>30211769

If shit has hit the fan to the point of reverting back to literal caveman hunter gatherer living you are fucked and so are any kinds you have

Having a spear wont change that. The fuck would a spear even do for you in this SHTF scenario?
>>
>>30211875
Just watched a guy on YouTube kill a bear with one of these.....so
>>
>>30211873

how are they called?
amazon or google spit out bullshit when googling samburu
>>
>>30211902
"Cold steel samburu spear"
>>
>>30211915

thx i am extra retarded today
>>
>>30211875
If things get that fucked, do what our ancestors literally did to survive through that shit era, band together into groups and communities and be useful.
>>
>>30211769
All right, valid points as to why you'd want to use it but I don't think it would be as effective as you might think.

>cheap
There is no way $40 worth of materials could amount to a very sturdy weapon. It may work once or twice but my guess is it would break if you tried to fight with it or hit too many trees throwing it.

>pointy on both ends
This makes for a bad bear spear. You want something you can use as a fall spear in worst case and if the weight of the bear just drives it into the dirt, it won't drive into his chest.

>heavy
2lbs is a quart of water or a pair of AR mags. Do you want to lug that around for the whole SHTF to run out of ammo sooner and then have it break after first throw?

An alternative would be an extra knife or a spearhead. You can fashion a spear shaft pretty easily in almost any environment.

But it's your money OP, have fun with it.
>>
>>30211653
I have one in my camp bag.

I have taken rabbits with it... had to add a PVC handle to it.

6/10 would not have in BO bag, fun to throw, can kill small game
>>
>>30212000
So would you try it with deer?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.