[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There must be a way to make the buster sword functional and force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Giant-Sword-Costumeless.jpg (212 KB, 1200x1044) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Sword-Costumeless.jpg
212 KB, 1200x1044
There must be a way to make the buster sword functional and force relevancy in hypothetical combat, right?
>>
>>30208891

>>>/v/
>>>/toy/
>>>/kys/
>>
Why would they put it in an japanese video game if it wasn't?
>>
give it to a super soldier or cyborg
>>
>>30208891
no. zweihanders are designed the way they are for specific reasons, like being mildly practicable. there's also a reason they were rare.
>>
File: file-1.gif (773 KB, 285x228) Image search: [Google]
file-1.gif
773 KB, 285x228
>>30208891
Don't listen to these other faggots. This thread, while still shit, is better content then most topics currently being discussed on /k/. However, it will be dead fast if you do not contribute, OP. You need fuel for this fire to burn.
>>
>>30208891
Maybe if you fold the steel 1000 times
>>
>>30208891
Step 1: Acquire real version of "sword" in pic for reasons.
Step 2: Wait for next local riot. Would help in be in Europe (reasons like fewer firearms and growing unrest)
Step 3: Once rioting starts get completely naked. Loincloth is acceptable assuming cold weather (sucks to war cry 'it's just cold'). Hoist heavy ass sword and run into crowd.
Step 4: You are practically guaranteed to make news shows as the naked guy running through the riot drenched in sweat from carrying a huge ass sword.
Step 5: Get your ass beat down for being the clown in a riot.

That's about as close to practical as I can get... You are practically guaranteed to end up on Tosh or some other retard highlight show.
>>
>>30209052
Sounds like a Dark Souls build...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkcgGf2Fzw
>>
>>30208933
.....wut?
>>
>>30209078
>sword is heavy af
>ditch armor to lower encumberment
>get one good swing
>rioters go airborn
>beat down by mob

Yep pretty much an early game great sword build
>>
>>30208891
I guess you could make a functional exosuit but there's still no reason to not use a couple grunts, artillery, or air strikes in any situation where it'd be a thing.
>>
File: giantdad.jpg (220 KB, 2058x1446) Image search: [Google]
giantdad.jpg
220 KB, 2058x1446
>>30208933
Get out
>>
>>30208891
No.
>>
Melt it down and turn it into a gun.
>>
>>30208939

FINE I'll contribute a bit.

As >>30208933 mentioned, enormous swords have existed. My best guess is they bridged the gap between pole arms and swords.

And.... I think you could have a legit weapon with final fantasy sized swords IF it was made right. I hate to bring up katanas but the blade profile would have to be similar. A hard steel edge but but instead of an iron core, something much lighter.

Like aluminum. Or mostly hollow lol

Because the buster sword could bridge the gap that never existed... between swords and shields.

Buster swords are literally wide enough to be used as a shield.

And I think that's good because instead of coordinating separate entities during battle one thing could do it all

OP out. Oh and fuck you >>30208939 this is pretty much every /k/ thread that's involving sword debate. This is like a katana thread
>>
>>30208891
>There must be a way to make the buster sword functional

yes. by reducing its width by about 6 inches, and its length by about 12 inches, and its thickness by god knows how much.

replace the crossguard with something functional, and make the hilt actually ergonomic instead of a circular rod.

Oh, and get rid of the daft tanto point angle on the blade.

infact, when you think about it, the way to make it functional, is to scrap the entire thing and start again.
>>
>>30210017

Dude what are thinking that sword is made from, solid steel?

No way.

It could be made around twenty pounds
>>
>>30209204
watch this
>>
>>30208891
no
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.