[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: XDS93345S_15.jpg (654 KB, 1200x1387) Image search: [Google]
XDS93345S_15.jpg
654 KB, 1200x1387
Today marks the day I got my first fun. Springfield XDs in .45 post recall so how'd I do? I was looking to start with a compact pistol for my EDC and then eventually get a full size pistol at some point but for now I feel like I made a good choice. Pic is exactly how mine looks currently waiting on my background check to clear to go get mine
>>
>>30205664
Congrats, I came very close to getting that one. Ended up with the G43 instead, which is a little lighter but the sights suck ass.
>>
>>30205727
Mine came with a red front sight with some different colors to swap em out and I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a 7 round mag and a 5 round mag
>>
>>30205664
>falling for the .45acp meme

other than that you did good (not knowing the price)
>>
>XD
>>
>>30206121
I feel comfortable with .45s ive handled all kinds of handguns before but most were 45s. Maybe if I get a gun for the range ill grab a 9mm or a .22 but I feel good knowing I have a .45 on my hip
>>
>>30206121
Oh yeah and it was 519.00
>>
op i have a bi tone xds 4.0 in 9mm. its a good gun
>>
>>30205664
Gunshop fag here. I have to say, the XD series are beautiful guns, and with most of them you get a lof nice stuff in the box. The guns feel very well made. They have nice deep serrations, and nice sights out of the box. They feel like they have a smooth action. XD series has a bunch of nice single stacks, too. I would have recommended you go with 9mm instead.

Why I won't carry one or recommend then to friends:

Grip safety
Some models won't cycle without a mag in them

Enjoy your nice pistol..When you get it..
>>
>>30206311
but i carry mine cause of the grip safety
>>
>>30206339
ok. i'm just happy there's one more (hopefully) responsible gun owner out there
>>
>>30206311
I kinda wish that I had found the full size model but the only place that has em around here is cabelas and I dont wanna feed the jewish war machine
>>
>>30206311
I work in a gun store myself and I cannot see why so many dislike the grip safety. I can understand the single point of failure scenario that some pose to the question, but other than that what is to really dislike? The 1911 has one and people rave about the 1911 all of the time!

I myself carry a CZ 75 compact so I chose to utilize a De-Cocker instead. I get a long Double-action pull versus any safety.
>>
>>30206430
nice that was my first carry piece. well, i refuse to carry one because it is another variable i can remove from a hypothetical engagement. i like to reduce variables as a general practice.
>>
>>30206392
depending on your state laws, you can choose a different pistol after the 4473 comes back a proceed. should be the same in every state now that i think about .
>>
>>30206453
The shop I went to didnt have one and I really didnt like anything else they had in stock (mostly 9mm)
>>
>>30206441
But your hand has to be around the gun anyway to shoot? Why does that added bump to the handle pose as an additional variable? This is precisely what other customers say as well! I just do not imagine that little piece failing on you in anyway. So long as it is depressed slightly it will allow the trigger to take-up and fire.
>>
>>30206608
My main concern is not failure. The primary concern with a grip safety is not achieving a good enough combat grip when under duress, during a struggle, shooting left handed, shooting wounded, shooting wounded left handed, and so on.

Anecdotally, I have been standing around finger fucking pistols at the counter, picked up pistols with grip safeties, point at a wall and dry fire, only to be confused as to why the thing hadn't gone off. in a relaxed shooting position i had failed to actuate the grip safety. or, with the magazine out i could not operate the slide, which was unintuitive and contrary to my training. Additional mechanical parts adding more things that can fail in the gun is secondary. We can attribute these instances to lack of training with the platform, or poor form. However, under duress simple is better. Less variables.
>>
>>30206725
>gone off
not gone off, but went click rather
>>
>>30205664
Congrats OP. I purchased my first gun from my friend. M&M Vintage M10-762 10 days ago. Gonna pick it up Saturday when my friends go to get their AR lowers when our cooldown period is up
>>
>>30206725
I can agree with that 100%, when I reach for my CZ 75 Compact I expect it to go off 100% of the time with no issue. I have practiced at the range with both hands and I expect that in a situation when I most need it that the single action can be set off even with a weakened arm. I see now that the added safety could get in the way when your life depends it.
>>
>>30206932
yeah. i think i'll be picking a CZ P 09 soon. i miss my first CZ
>>
>>30206725
look, if you can't grip it firm enough to activate a grip safety, you're limpwristing bad enough to preclude a second shot. don't be a puss
>>
>>30205664
nice XD
>>
>>30207049
look, "don't be a puss" is not more convincing than "it literally can't happen because i do not have that device on my gun"
>>
>>30207049
furthermore, it does not necessarily follow that if you fail to actuate a grip safety, you are limpristing, nor does it necessarily follow that you are limpristing bad enough to cause a jam.
>>
medical bumpily
>>
emotional bumpier
>>
File: IMAG0870.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0870.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>30205664
My first was a gen1 xd9. A few years ago, did it's job well.
Bought the two tone fde MOD.2 last month for cc. Fucking great gun.
Congrats anon.
>>
>>30205664
>currently waiting on my background check to clear to go get mine
cuck detected
>>
>>30205664
Congrats, the wait must be nail biting. Mags, holster, and ammo should be on your list if not already done so.

Also dont be afraid to shoot steel case, people will try to sell you the "gonna wear out your extractor" bullshit. It's literally a $7 part that happens to be the price difference between brass/steel. My g21 only shoots aluminum and steel cased now which equals more range time.
>>
political bumpered
>>
Grats op. I have an xds .45 and use it as my carry. It is a good gun. Try to fine a nice holster for it. It is just s touch to pig for pocket carry so I do an in the waist band holster. If you can find one the new formed plastic retention holsters are very good.
>>
>>30205664
get one without the grip zone, fuckin hurts to hold
>>
>>30206430
Tons of guns have had grip safeties over the years and nobody gave a shit. I think people just like to not pick, even for something "fixed" with a pin or electrical tape. At most I'm indifferent to the grip safety but I can see the benefits.

I remember an anon posting an article while saying the GS was bad, yet the guy in the article successfully fought off the assailant, even managing a reload after being shot in the hand (maybe both)

Shits no different than a click trigger safety. The only legit complaint I have over the while line is the lack of after market triggers due to the models varying so much that only powder river precision has bothered to make one
>>
>>30209891
Here's the post

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_Moar_Graphic_Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html
>>
>>30205664
XD

You can't be serious
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.