[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth $1300 to convert my SL8 into a fish gun? https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image2[1].jpg (672 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
image2[1].jpg
672 KB, 1500x1125
Is it worth $1300 to convert my SL8 into a fish gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0enyMTjWmI

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/1325-wts-hk-tbt8-xm8-sl8-conversion-kit-in-stock/34991998
>>
>>30204516
Do you want a Fishgun?
Are you willing to pay 1300 dollerydoos to get a Fishgun?

If you answered yes to both questions, then it's worth it.
>>
>>30204516
No, you should give it to me...

Please
>>
Were it not for the price of the sl8 to begin with I would love to
>>
>>30204516
Do you want a Fishgun? Fuck yeah you do faggit.

A year down the road you can see whether the boat anchor snares the fish or the fish snares the boat anchor.
>>
File: Sexy guns 11.jpg (380 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Sexy guns 11.jpg
380 KB, 1280x1280
>>30204516
If you do, make sure to make it white.
>>
>still doesn't look like an xm8
>offers absolutely nothing
>>
$1300 for furniture?
No, it's still going to be the same gun, there is no point
>>
>>30207591
Could you explain what's wrong?

>>30207616
It does seem like a lot. Plastic molding is very expensive for a niche product I suppose.

Besides polygonal rifling, what did the XM8 do to differentiate itself from the g36?
>>
Anyone else get a cringey feeling when they make real firearms appeal to faggoty gamers and give little stupid trinkets in them?

makes them less respectable.
>>
>>30208391
its even more cringey how salty noguns are lol
>>
>>30208391
Only other gunfuckers would ever know about it, so I doubt it makes a difference in the eyes of the public at large.
>>
>>30207591
so its a perfect replica of a fish gun
>>
You already spent an ungodly amount getting an sl8 in the first place so why not go all the way with it.
>>
>>30209471
because a SL8 literally looks better
>>
>>30204516
>SL8
are there no HK243's in the US or what
>>
>>30209845
They look like absolute shit. Like a prop from a cheap Scifi series

And that's coming from a HK fanboy.
>>
>>30209874
>fishgun
>better looks than SL8
i never said SL8 looked sick
>>
>>30209853
Give me an A
Give me a T
Give me an F
>>
>>30204516
So, what gun is the XM8 based on? Would changing the furniture make it essentially an XM8 or is the actual functional portions different than an SL8?
>>
>>30210316
call of duty
>>
>>30210316

The xm8 is based on the g36

apparently the same
gas system
cocking handle
bolt carrier
magazine
controls
etc.

And the SL8 is the just the AWB g36.
>>
>>30210296
im german, so im wondering about it, you can get them here no prob
>>
>>30210390
After a quick wiki walk it seems it's doable, though you also have to replace the barrel, which would be cool, just for 1300, I dunno.

Also since it's based on the g36 I can see why it had overheating issues.
>>
>>30210397
no you cant
yurops cant own jack shit
maybe a rape whistle if that counts
>>
>>30210350
Nah Man. BFBC2.
>>
We have somebody from /k/ who has a fishgun conversion. Its useless and offers nothing but looks.
>>
>>30210435
>G36 has heating issues
>XM8 had heating issues

I want this meme to stop

http://m.dw.com/en/heckler-and-koch-vindicated-in-g36-accuracy-row-but-lobbying-concerns-linger/a-18781312

The Defense Minister of Germany Ursula von der Leyen, under the command of Cucklord Merkel, wanted to weaken H&Ks influence in german military in order to distance themselves and the rest of germany from one of the most prestigious firearms manufacturers in the world in order to appeal to the SJW media and the immigrant scum.

They lied about the reports on the tests done on the G36 and the scandal went way too far. Now every moron on this board who has even the smallest hateboner for H&K will bring up this scandal to try and associate the company with shoddy melting equipment, which is wrong.
>>
>>30204516
>turn a nutered gun back into a fully realized, nice looking, and decent rifle used by several European forces
or
>turn it into a halfassed prototype that looks like a fish
>>
>>30210846

Buy two SL8s and do both.
>>
>>30210726
Yeah, but which look will make me the bigger snowflake at the range?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.