[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obtaining a handgun and CC permit in California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x506
Hi /k/. Today is my 21st birthday and I want to get a handgun.

I was thinking about a Glock 19 or a Beretta 92FS. What do you think?

Also, how hard is obtaining a CC permit in California? Should I even bother trying?
>>
>>30196451
>I was thinking about a Glock 19 or a Beretta 92FS.
>California

Banned. try again.
>>
>>30196451
they made it shall issue but there are still holdouts that straight up refuse to process paperwork like San Fransisco and Santa Clara
really depends on where you live but its much better than it was 5 years ago where the chances of getting one in ca were laughable

check calguns for details
>>
>>30196451
What county?
>>
>>30196451
>tfw you got to pick up your CA CCW permit today
>>
>>30196471
Oh. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with CA gun laws, I just looked up handguns and saw what I liked.

>>30196486
I'll do that, thanks.

>>30196497
The worst one. (LA)

My goal is to move up to Ventura, real nice country up there.
>>
>>30196516
look in the list of allowed handguns in CA and start from there.
>>
>>30196516
You're not going to be able to get a CC permit in LA county.
>>
>>30196516
Ouch, good luck with that. Ventura's my turf, and far better when it comes to CCW permits from what I hear. It's a great place in general.

>Oh. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with CA gun laws, I just looked up handguns and saw what I liked.

Woo boy, you're in for some hope crushing. Okay, lemme give you a rundown.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

If it's not on there, it's a no go. And I mean it, it has to be the EXACT MODEL listed there with that number. If there's a gun on there, but you want the model that's a different color? Fuck you.

Of course, there are exceptions. Private transfers don't have that applied. So if you can find an off roster gun for sale here, you can get it. Of course, people are well aware of what's on or off roster, and know you're at their mercy, so price gouging happens.

The only other exceptions are single action revolvers.
>>
>>30196516
>My goal is to move up to Ventura, real nice country up there.
If you're even planning on moving just get the fuck out of California. This state sucks massive horse testicles and even more so in regards to firearm laws.

Also you can carry whatever you want and even buy off roster guns (though you will probably pay a premium). I could understand ccing a g19, but why a fucking m9?

>>30196547
Also this. See if you can use a buddies address that lives in SB county.
>>
>>30196451
where do you live? depends on what county you live in, check the ccw maps on google
>>
>>30196451
Arizona and Nevada are the only gun friendly parts of California.
>>
>>30196588
Don't even say they're a part of California.
>>
>>30196536
Jawohl.

>>30196547
Fair enough. Maybe I'll just wait until I move. What counties do you think I have a better chance in?

>>30196554
I appreciate the info. My main reason for getting a handgun is because of how bad LA is getting, with the Trump rallies and seeing all the violence, I want to be able to protect me and my own.

I see a G21, Steel/Polymer in .45 ACP. How would that be as a first pistol? I'm sure it's like getting a pair of shoes, getting a feel for it and such. But would it be a good beginner pistol?
>>
>>30196451
Well shit even if you're a Californian I can't believe nobody has had the decency to say this yet:

Happy Birthday, anon.
>>
>>30196599
buy a 9mm
also the 2 guns you want are on roster though its going to be a gen3 glock
>>
>>30196599
>Fair enough. Maybe I'll just wait until I move. What counties do you think I have a better chance in?
If you live in LA county just jump over here to SB county. SB is virtual shall issue.

>I see a G21, Steel/Polymer in .45 ACP. How would that be as a first pistol? I'm sure it's like getting a pair of shoes, getting a feel for it and such. But would it be a good beginner pistol?
Probably not bad since we have to put up with 10 round fag mags until further notice. A standard G21 mag holds 13 rounds so you're not losing much. You can conceal a glock fairly easily with an IWB holster and a button up shirt.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>30196604
Thank you friend :3

Have some puppers
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-07-15-00-33.png (152 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-07-15-00-33.png
152 KB, 480x854
happy birthday anon
bumpin/lurkin 4 info as well, 323 represent
>>
>>30196599
Sure, seems like a fine choice to me. Like the another anon said, mag limits means that firepower starts becoming more important.

If you're this worried, I would suggest investing in something for home defense too, shotgun, big old revolver, something.

Also, you mentioned protecting your own. I dunno your situation, but it's crucial to include them on this and teach them what to do with a gun as well.

And happy birthday.
>>
>>30196486
>still holdouts
>like the places where 90% of the state's population live
uh...
>>
File: 1465283941747.png (49 KB, 207x155) Image search: [Google]
1465283941747.png
49 KB, 207x155
>>30196634
truly, fresh oc reaction images can be said to be the greatest of gifts
>>
>>30196516
no permits in LA county, leave asap those faggots tried passing their own city bans on ammo and mags
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>30196661
Yeah, that's why I figured a bigger caliber would be a but more useful.

Will do, probably after the handgun though. Only because me and my family go to Downtown a lot and I don't trust anyone(Hence the CC Permit)

And yes, I plan on teaching everyone in my household proper gun safety and use. It's kind of mandatory for Californians now.

Thank you man, I appreciate it. Have a pupper too
>>
>>30196562
just don't come to washington. you stupid liberal faggots are RUINING my funs
>>
>>30196788
Fuck off with this meme. If they realize how shitty CA laws are and are running from them, they're probably not a liberal or at least are not going to vote for the same thing where they go.
>>
>>30196788
Nigger you should be happy if some conservative progun people move to your state.

The reason you're getting california faggot liberals is because of legal weed. I will happily vote to legalize it here so I can move out of state and not have to worry about liberal californians moving there and fucking it up.
>>
File: skswood.jpg (3 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
skswood.jpg
3 MB, 2576x1932
>>30196451
get a gen 3 glock. that is what i did.
>>
>>30196674
>like places where 90% vote liberal

I don't think they care.
>>
>>30196471
Don't listen to this ass OP, neither of those handguns are banned in CA. I fact im picking up a Beretta 92 today.
>>
>>30196562
>See if you can use a buddies address that lives in SB county.
that won't work, you have to have two proofs of residence as well as pass the background check, using your buddies address won't fly.
>>
>>30196451
as a guy who just got his a few days ago Ill tell you that weather or not you should bother getting your CCW depends on the county you live in I live in Shasta county they give them out like candy here so if your in the 4-5 counties that give them out fairly easy your good if not your fucked
>>
>>30196471
Beretta model 92 and glock 19 are not banned retard
>>30196516
All the handgun legal for sale in cali are on this list http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
>>
>>30196516
you fucked if you were in Sac or Shasta you would be sitting good
>>
Thanks to everyone who replied, I now have a better picture of what to do.

>>30199708
>>30199669

Shasta seems nice. How are the people? Is it good /out/ territory?
>>
>>30196536
Or wait to see if the tribes do the thing.

http://www.offrosterguns.com
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.