[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hold our equipment to a much higher standard than we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1461710661741.png (364 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1461710661741.png
364 KB, 853x480
Why do we hold our equipment to a much higher standard than we hold ourselves?
>>
Because our equipment is worth something
>>
What do you mean? Why are worthless fatasses gun owners?
>>
>>30196174

Speak for yourself faggot. My rifle can't make decisions, I can.
>>
File: Hahaha Enough.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha Enough.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>>30196178
Well I don't think we'll be getting a better answer than that.
>>
>>30196187
>I’ve always found it a little amusing what the gun community at large typically focuses on when it comes to self-defense. We champion our preferred ammo for its ballistics-gel performance, and largely we accept nothing less than absolute reliability of our carry gun, be it after 1,000 rounds without a cleaning or sometimes even caked in sand and mud. If we’re being honest though, we hold our equipment to a much higher standard than we hold ourselves. The problem is that no matter what brand of gun you carry, it isn’t going to get you safely out of a bind on its own. Unfortunately, it isn’t often that you come across the opportunity to put the time and effort into developing the software to go along with the hardware. Perhaps that’s due to the relative obscurity of broad-spectrum training in the face of whiz-bang shooting courses promising to make you laser accurate and lightning fast in a weekend.
>>
>>30196174
Because you can buy stupid shit at a click of a button.

Can't buy fitness, mindset and skills that easily.
>>
I think it is a lack of focus. We spend our time making money to buy gear so we want the best out of it. We should be spending time investing in ourselves through training but that would require commitment. Bitching about how our expensive gear let us down is easier.
>>
>>30196178
fpbp

plz anon...
>>
>>30196237
I second this. Two adages come to mind.

>beware the old man in a young man's profession
>beware the man with one weathered and cared for weapon
>>
>>30196174
speak for yourself fatty
>>
>>30196542
I'm not fat, though I'm not in nearly good enough shape and I'm only good at target shooting so yeah, my guns are a stronger link in the chain than my self.
>>
>>30196174
You sound like a fgt
>>
>>30197097
I'm sure your new SCAR makes you an elite operator, anon.
>>
>>30196174
Because then you know that any fuckups are operator failure and not mechanical malfunction.

I do this all the time. I buy expensive tools, and if I fuck up I know I was doing something wrong.
It's very liberating.
>>
File: 1465313697003.png (22 KB, 537x222) Image search: [Google]
1465313697003.png
22 KB, 537x222
>>30196174
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.