[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>having dream >have to use ccw >gun doesn't injure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: gunhand.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gunhand.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>having dream
>have to use ccw
>gun doesn't injure someone after fired point blank into their face
>proceeds to jam even though properly used glock
>internally realize this is utter bullshit and wake up

JUST

This sort of shit ever happen to you /k/?
>>
all the time.

malfunctioning gun dreams are a part of owning guns

>hammer falls but no bang
>trigger is too heavy to pull
>bullets piddle out of the barrel like a weak urine stream
>bullets don't harm the threat
or the most common:
>you miss every shot
>>
File: 1447435775401.png (97 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447435775401.png
97 KB, 500x281
>>30195800
>Oh it's one of those dreams again
>throw gun at them, it sticks to their eyeballs and turns into fire ants
>mfw
>reach into nearest trashcan
>oh shit it's a loaded M240 and an ammo can
>do belt dumps while laughing like a madman and screaming Dredd quotes
>wake up
>>
File: 1455461955431.jpg (17 KB, 236x319) Image search: [Google]
1455461955431.jpg
17 KB, 236x319
>>30195800
I think this is your subconscious telling you that you're not confident with your gun skills.

I used to hate the same dream with fist fights. Started lifting and doing MMA and behold I destroy people in my dreams.

I still have your kind of gun dreams though, means I need to train harder with my handgun.

Funnily enough I don't have this dream with my AR15 and what do you know... I was a Muhhreene with my rifle there are many like it but this one is mine.

I truly think it's your mind telling you its not comfortable with its skills. Perhaps train more of find training.
>>
>>30195800

Most of the time my guns work just fine, too fine actually. It usually only takes one shot and a guy is down. But last week I had this freaky dream where there were these demons in my house. They looked human, but barely, kind of like Dani Filth actually. But anyways I shot one twice in the face from point blank and I felt the gun go off but nothing happened to the guys face. I guess it was demon power or some bullshit. After I realized that shooting him wouldn't work I tried grinding his eyes out with the front bead but that was also unsuccessful. He just started laughing and I woke up. It was pretty freaky.
>>
Mine are usually that I need to go get my rifle. Like, there's a threat that needs to be killed, but I can't do it because I left my rifle at home, and have to go sprint back and get it or whatever
>>
>>30195857
>I truly think it's your mind telling you its not comfortable with its skills. Perhaps train more of find training.

Well I do need more practice and I've gotten a bit rusty this past year. Reminds me:

>I'll tell you a spooky one, though. Back in the Eighties, a detective in the midwest told me about the nightmare in which he needed to return fire with his department issue 2" Model 10, and trigger just shlubbed through its pull and nothing happened. He awoke in a cold sweat, and at work the next day, the vivid dream recurred to him so often that on a break, he drove by the department range to test-fire his .38, so he could put it out of his mind.
>When he pulled the trigger, nothing happened. Turned out that the mainspring had somehow broken. An EXTREMELY rare thing with a K-frame S&W revolver. He had it fixed by the department armorer, put some ammo down range, and went back to work.
>Had he subconsciously heard the spring break, and the subconscious warned him in dream-active sleep? We'll never know. That buried 90% or whatever of the iceberg that is the brain is still largely unexplored territory. Still, that one comes to mind whenever someone discusses that particular "occupational nightmare."
>t. Massad Ayoob
>http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-194877.html
>>
File: onward_to_war.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
onward_to_war.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>30195800
>Be me, dreaming
>In gunfight for some reason
>Have a chromed Browning High Power
>magdump at some asshole hiding in a cargo container
>he doesn't die
>see him struggling to feed shells into a pump shorty
>kick container door shut
>notice man struggling to load a Glock 17
>throw high power
>he drops his pistol and magazine
>grab it, ram magazine in
>It is at this point I realize I'm in a firefight against the police
>Mexican standoff ensues
>suddenly in my neighbourhood
>see deer
>aim
>pull trigger
>nothing
>look confusedly at gun
>former Glock is now some kinda shitty garage gun thing
>look closer
>multiple physical impossibilities
>wake up

>mfw dont own a chromed high power
>>
I had a somewhat similar dream
>in a fistfight
>punch opponent in the face but my punch slows down right before hitting him
>i basically just fist bumped his face
>punches me
>I wake up
>>
Posted this in one or two dream threads before

>I'm on a Arma 3 Altis-ish island, but smaller. Relatively barren and dry.
>Ambiently aware that it's the happening, nature of happening is ill-defined
>I find myself about a half mile inland of a rocky cove in a stand of oak trees, only significant greenery nearby, mostly chaparral. I'm looking at a large but distinctly sloppy wooden building that looks somewhat like a stable.
>Think to myself how strange it is that the world's about to end in what I then suspect to be nuclear war, and that in the next few hours the odds were there'd be nothing left. People had prepared as best they could, I'd come all the way to this island, and the overwhelming likelihood was that it'd all be for nothing.
>fuckitivecomethisfar.wav
>as I approach the building I become aware that it's a /k/ompound. Literally a shelter built by /k/ for the coming happening. It seems as if I've always known this. Figure this is as good a company to spend the nuclear apocalypse with as any.
>Worry slightly that I won't be let in because i mostly lurk, shoulder my way in anyway.
>Building is a little nicer on the inside, basically an open structure separated into sections only by temporary wooden stands and chickenwire. Seems to be for the purpose of admission. Despite size the building is wall to wall with people talking ambiently, I can't hear most of them, but there are a few memes in there. Overhear "nugget" etc. Most carry slavshit.
>While trying to figure out where the line stars, overhear that /k/ has secured the formal support of Russia and an alliance has been made
>Wonder why Russia bothered, but shrug it off. Shit's going down, no one has anything left to loose.
>Get my shit sorted, now member of glorious apo/k/olypse crew, the last nuggetfest on Earth. Wander back outside to enjoy the last few hours of world before it gets fucked.
>mfw
>cont
>>
File: 1431418355312.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1431418355312.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>30196384
>Wander awhile, come to the shore of the cove. Climb a steep hill and find sub pens in the next trough. Slightly surprised to see them, but at this point I'm willing to accept that /k/ has procured submarines; think it had something to do with Russia.
>I Work my way down the hill and come to a concrete platform overlooking the faclity. I stand there and lean on the railing as a Los Angeles class submarine slips out from a tunnel bored from the water back into the island. Viewing angle isn't oblique enough to see further inside.
>Submarine slips half way down the channel silently, a few members of the crew still up on the conning tower.
>At about mid way the submarine begins to submerge and they board as well. As the last crewman enters and the hatch closes I feel a slight longing to go with them, knowing that in all likelyhood they and other submarine crews will be the only ones left alive.
>Despite /k/'s involvement the environment seems completely serious. Feel a distinct wave of meloncholy as the last of the masts slip beneath the water. It's gone, and another submarine follows. I watch a while, but I'm running out of time.
>Glance over my shoulder and suddenly realize Vladimir Putin is standing beside me, also leaning on the railing and watching the submarines.
>mfw
>Try to edge away a little without him noticing. Ultimately turn and start my trek back to the /k/ompound, hoping he never noticed me.
>Back on location I learn we have a few minutes. Glance about the oak trees one last time. On my way back inside to be assigned to a squad I see a groundsquirrel and wish it luck.
>For some reason, in spite of the slavshit, we're issued Haylol weapons. Complete with the screen crosshair and everything.
>I get a plasma rifle. "Graphics" on it are halo 1 tier in otherwise photogreal dream. This does not seem unusual.
>Discover I've been paired with Putin, become suddenly nervous.
>Cont
>>
File: 1423816578236.gif (248 KB, 177x256) Image search: [Google]
1423816578236.gif
248 KB, 177x256
>>30196393
>Head outside and the apocalypse is upon us. The sky is a dull orange, though there doesn't seem to be any actual nuclear activity, no.
>It's the fucking collectors. Mass Effect collectors.
>mfw
>Collectors are fucking everywhere and more are inbound on dropships. We're shooting at them hapazardly with our Halo weapons but doing little damage. The ground troops, however, are perfectly killable and we prove a match for them.
>Putin and I remove collector together in awkward silence. Rest of /k/ similarly removes collector in typical /k/ does stuff manner.
>Suddenly I'm pinned behind a fallen log in a trench, a wave of collectors over the next berm.
>They're keeping my head down, but I have the sense that I can't stay there. Mutual survival absolutely depended on me getting out of there and helping for some reason.
>I won't be a coward, not now.
>Jump over the log and sprint for it, gunning down collectors from the hip. Get a few of them.
>suddenly, the deafening click.
>Plasma rifle is completely fucked, ambiently aware that it will never work again.
>fuckingcovenantshit.3ds
>Freeze in pure terror as the collectors stare me down. Feels perfectly real; I take a last look at the world and Squeeze the now-useless trigger one last time, then shut my eyes and prepare for the end, bricks and spaghetti everywhere.
>end doesn't come
>Open eyes slowly
>Plasma bolts everywhere as Putin guns down collectors
>he had my back
>what a fucking bro
>feel a little bad for avoiding him
>Wake up in hotel bed in absolute shock for thirty seconds, followed by substantial laughter as I realize I just had a dream involving fighting collectors with /k/ and Putin that felt fucking Apocaylpse Now-tier tense.
>>
File: 1421818238308 (1).jpg (56 KB, 430x410) Image search: [Google]
1421818238308 (1).jpg
56 KB, 430x410
>>30196384
>tfw I forgot my face
>>
>>30195800
I feel like I'm the only one who has shooting dreams and everything goes just as planned
>>
>have dream where some stupid sea tried to rob me and my friends at a pool hall
>laugh it off cuz he was harmless
>jokingly say we're calling the cops on him
>he freaks out and runs off
>comes back with a knife and slashes one of my friends
>shit just got real
>yell at him to back the fuck off with my gun pointed at him
>he charges me
>shoot him one time in the gut
>he keels over
>have mental break down and scream 'We were just kidding you idiot!"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465161051048.jpg (21 KB, 272x393) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465161051048.jpg
21 KB, 272x393
All the time
>the moment finally comes that I need my CC
>it is broken
>6 hour dream of me desperately trying to repair it while watching the bad guy do bad guy things
>finally get a round chambered
>take aim
>alarm goes off and wakes me up
>have actually tried to force myself asleep so that I can finish the fight
>fall asleep
>it's a different dream
>>
>>30195800
No, but probably because I don't own shitty Glocks.
>>
I've had dreams where im wielding a gun against an attacker, but for some reason the trigger pull is like 100 pounds and i cant get a shot off and then i panic and wake up. What does this mean.
>>
File: 1354745546585.jpg (70 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1354745546585.jpg
70 KB, 600x450
>>30195800
>trigger impossible to pull
>dead trigger
>look away from the gun, when I look back it has turned into a toy
>full mags turn into empty ones on their own
>drowning in all sorts of ammo, but the gun I have isn't chambered in any of it
>shooting a bad guy does fucking nothing, either because every shot misses or there doesn't even seem to be any projectile escaping the gun

JUST
>>
>>30195800
I used to get a couple recurring dreams when I was a kid.

>be at home, doing mundane things with parent (I've had it with each parent)
>some assholes kick in the door, blast me in the face with buckshot
>can feel the pellets in my face
>suddenly we're in the car
>I feel like I'm gonna pass out
>the people who shot me are back
>they're driving next to us brandishing weapons
>parent isn't even acting concerned about the facefull of lead I have or the blood streaming from my face
>"I'm just gonna swing by the grocery store okay Anon."
>what the flying fuck you dumb nigger get me to a hospital
>they stop at a store and get out, leaving me in the car as the people who shot me park next to me, grinning with guns in hand
>look at them knowing I'm about to die because of my parent being retarded
>wake up in a cold sweat feeling helpless

Also
>be in parking garage
>walking with family
>suddenly somebody opens fire
>people with SMG's and machine pistols shooting and running around
>turn to see me whole family dead around me
>run for cover
>find armed dead person (usually either a cop or one of the SMG guys)
>you killed my family mode
>start shooting the assholes
>ratatat-tat_I_want_my_family_back.swf
>see one of them jump into a commercial van
>fuck you dude you're not getting away that easy
>approaching van
>suddenly back door of van slides open
>take a burst right to the gut from MAC-11 from a laughing maniac
>fall to the ground
>whole body feels cold
>wake up

Sometimes you just have fucked up dreams.
>>
>>30195800

>dreaming
>have gf
>bitch steals my car and gets into accident
>>
File: 1442511948218.jpg (62 KB, 727x768) Image search: [Google]
1442511948218.jpg
62 KB, 727x768
>>30195800
I've had so many of these. Usually aimed shots or CCW shoots where it just seems like blanks and I get nailed. One was a pretty intense, video-gamey sequence where I was running away from some large monster down the halls of a hospital as it destroyed the building and I tried to shoot it, but nothing would happen.

Another terrifying one;
>Be doing laundry or something at old family home
>Laundry is in garage right next to steel door with deadbolt and handle lock that are always locked
>While I'm doing laundry realize the handle starts jiggling
>The deadbolt isn't done for some reason and I see they successfully picked the lock on the knob
>Stride for it and keep trying to pull the door shut while working the bolt to try and keep the door secure
>It's opening and slamming, opening and slamming, I'm not a very strong man
>The robber swings it open, OLD black dude, looks homeless, huge beard, wearing a hoodie. Has a snub-nosed stainless revolver pointed in my face
>Gives some vague command to go inside and lead him in
>Get led in, hands up, feeling the gun pushed into my spine
>Get inside, around an L-shaped entry hallway, Mom's across the house and Dad is feet away back to me in his chair where he always is
>Mom immediately shocked, robber pushes me and goes over to her
>Dad looks back, give him the nod
>Robber is going towards my mom, still looking back at us and pointing his gun
>I go for a gun on the end table right next to me he missed, my Dad goes for his CCW sitting on the end table next to his chair
>Robber immediately snaps to me just as I level off on him
>Jerk back, feel cold point in my stomach
>It quickly turns to searing pain joined by the feeling of liquid running down my chest
>Start falling over and hear more gunfire
>Wake up

And that's why I always check the locks, carry my gun, and feel anxious whenever I do the laundry anymore.
>>
>>30196399
I liked it
>>
I have these dreams Constantly. My guns literally never work in my dreams, most of the time I don't have enough physical strength to pull the trigger
>>
File: 1463539214537.jpg (271 KB, 750x720) Image search: [Google]
1463539214537.jpg
271 KB, 750x720
Nurse fag here, alot of times in dreams machines dont work. Like car brakes or guns. Thats why when you lucid dream enough you now it gonna happen so if you gun goes bang but the bullets dont do shit. You have modify your dream and tell yourself yep he dead, cause then you brain shows him falling. Atleast in my dreams.
>>
>>30198504
Latex fetishists creep me the fuck out.
>>
>>30195819
I want whatever you're eating before bed. A lot better than dreams of mexicans stealing my entire tool shed and having the heaviest fucking trigger pull in the world only to barely wound one of the fuckers.
>>
>>30198531
IT creeps me out alot too, thats why it turns me on.

>Some hot chick covers you head to toe in latex and a gas mask
>She then puts you in a latex body bag and locks you in a wooden cage with no windows.
>"Relax Anon, I ll take good care of you 4 ever"
>>
Most of my dreams involve me pointing and enemies with my hand and making shooty noises. Usually it works and they drop and sometimes it doesnt. Then I panic and angry that im panicking so I just charge them melee like Im on PCP.

Some dreams involve actual guns.

I think our dreams stem from a lack of confidence, definitely
>>
File: images-11.jpg (3 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images-11.jpg
3 KB, 275x183
>>30198604
pointing at enemies*
>>
>>30195892
Fug that's spooky
>>
>>30198604
When I say "Most of my dreams" I mean those that involve combat
>>
I also think they may stem from a sense of paranoia of what others think about you. Hence the attacks
>>
File: 1434488692542.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1434488692542.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>30198604
I 50/50 have a gun. If I do, it doesn't work so I have to point my gun at the enemy and make shooty noises. If I don't have it, I have to use my hand.
>>
I just had a dream where I was called out for bringing a gun to a gym when I didnt have one on me. The person that called me out knew I had guns though (or at least knew I was pro 2nd Amendment. Its like they were trying to start shit with me. I was persecuted and called a faggot/and had death threats flung at me all the way back to my room. I was living in some sort of camp with a gym in it with my nephew.

Sometimes dreams reflect a narrative in our culture

Inb4 FEMA
>>
>>30198660
Ah yes the ol' pointy shooty back up finger pistol
>>
File: uLpv1tY.jpg (58 KB, 666x475) Image search: [Google]
uLpv1tY.jpg
58 KB, 666x475
>>30195800
All the fucking time OP, every time I have firearm related dream damn thing works for like a shot before jamming and I get killed by Jamal with his hi-point. Afterwards, I wake up and clean and maintain all my guns.
pic related.
>>
>>30195800
>hear 3 month old crying
>go to nursery
>pull him out of crib
>see face in window
>some old lady staring
>window is 25' up, no trees nearby
>immediately go to my bedroom
>quietly wake wife, tell her to watch baby
>grab Glock 21 w/ suppressor & TLR-2
>walk back to nursery
>face is gone
>look outside, see basket crane truck
>old lady/witch lowering the bucket
>wat
>run downstairs
>truck starts up
>fire 4 shots
>window & tail light shatter, stovepipe
>truck pulls away

I woke up and didn't hear anything, but I got my pistol & checked the nursery anyway. I couldn't sleep well the rest of the night.
>>
>>30199036
Lol

Also nice hd pistol setup.
>>
>>30195800
>Pull trigger
>gun smooshes in hand like diecast and frozen cookiedough had a baby
>just yank gun out of other guys hand instead.

Anyone have those?
>>
I used to have two reoccuring dreams. One where someone steals all my tools because i left the garage open, and one where im fighting someone for some reason or other but none of my punches ever hurt them. Just little fist bumps and silent screams as I cant fight. And then one day i had a dream i found the guy who has been stealing all my tools from all the other dreams and yet again when i try to fight him i just cant hurt him. And then for some strange reason i have the idea to push them. And i am able to shove them away and they crack their head against a wall and fall over. And then i just kept picking him up and throwing him on the ground. Eventually i picked him up by the heels and wielded him like a sword (he was a little guy) and i swung him into yhe ground and cracked his head on the sidewalk and killed him. Since then I've never had a dream about someone stealing my tools or not being able to punch my enemies. Now i just smash my enemies into the ground.
>>
>>30195800
Read Grossman's On Combat, failure of a trained skill in dreams is normative. You're investing a lot of energy and thought into your training. Expect that to get fed back to you in dreams and do a round of training to chase out that earwig.
>>
>>30195800
Had an eerily similar dream
>threat comes toward me
>warn them
>they still come
>fire multiple times
>one stray round hits someone in the back and they start bleeding, but a point blank shot between their eyes does nothing to the threat
I don't remember after that, but I usually have one stray shot whenever I shoot, and I'm scared about my gun not doing what it needs to.
>tfw I don't even have a 9mm so there's no reason for it to be stopped by a carhartt
>>
I had a dream where I was walking around with a little girl and we were being followed by some crazy old lady waving a pistol around but nobody around us thought it was strange.
>>
>>30195800
>pull trigger in dream
>wake up laying in bed, ears are ringing
>pieces of drywall are all over your mouth
>feel rain coming through ceiling

ever have one of those dreams?
>>
>have dream where I can't pull trigger
>end up beating them to death with the gun instead
>>
>>30195800
>having dream
>shits getting fucky
>have to shoot something
>all guns instantly have a 50 lb trigger pull
This happens to me a lot. In my most recent one I told my attacker to wait a second, got on the ground, braced my feet against my rifle, and tried to pull the trigger with both hands. Still couldn't get that shit to fire. I guess my subconscious is getting sick of this shit.
>>
>>30196246
>Anonymous
holy shit I'm not the only one that has this horrible fear
>>
>>30199529
No, you're not.

If I'm ever in a cqc punchout in a dream my punches and kicks do jack shit. It's not like I'm the strongest peep in my thai kb or Krav Maga classes or anything either, but that realization doesn't really help.

But then you try your juijitsu and they still don't fucking break even if you tie them in a stretch Armstrong pretzel, that's fucking unnerving.

The last time I had a dream like that they just turned into a crazy spazzing out geletin fueled nightmare, even after stomping their neck through a drainage great, head bent into their shoulder blades, they still are flailing.
>>
here's some nightmare I had a few days ago (yurop inside)

>be at home
>realize my garage's door has completely changed
>there are graffitis on the door, on the inside
>I suddenly feel very alarmed, knowing there is something wrong
>two sandniggers come up out of nowhere and start talking saying they are here for x reason to lower my attention
>run upstairs as fast as possible
>my glawk is inside my closet for some reason
>load up a mag of hollowpoints, rack the slide, slide get stuck open
>hear the sandnigs coming upstairs for me
>try to close the slide manually
>realize I have to drop the mag first
>wake up in cold sweat

shiiiiiieeeet
>>
I have ccw self defense dreams where my bullets have no affect no matter the range and hit location. I think it's because your brain doesn't know what it's actually like to shoot the person so it just registers it as doing nothing like at the range
>>
>>30199896
>Not keeping it loaded with a snapcap chambered for muh safety
>>
>>30196246
fuckkkkk, this shit happens all the time
>>
>have short barreled shotgun with a pistol grip
>seems like I'm in Hightower from TF2
>see what I assume are Soldiers rocketjumping to platforms
>but they're all black
>and they have wings
>they're actually demons with Scout heads
>FUCK
>they swoop down
>fire at their heads
>feel the recoil
>literally nothing happens
>running down the tracks down the hill through the tunnel
>at the edge
>one flies after me
>fire again
>nothing
>almost gear eaten but I fall backwards down the edge of the cliff
>wake up
>literally yell 'Fuck Jerma' as I wake up
>>
>>30195800
Same, except I usually just have a knife. I keep stabbing the guy and he refuses to die.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.