[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a good first AK, anyone have any experience with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Looking for a good first AK, anyone have any experience with the Red Army Standard RAS47?
https://www.classicfirearms.com/ras47-rifle-ak-type-semi-auto-by-century-arms
>>
>>30195225
>RAS47
Bad
>WASR-10
Good
>>
It is complete garbage, get a WASR10/63 or a C39V2 if you want budget. Arsenal SLR107 if you want quality.
>>
>>30195225
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7eK2SmGYM
>>
OP here, what about Yugo M70 underfolds?
>>
>>30195252
this is good advice, I suggest you take it
>>
>>30195355
Decent I guess...
>>
>>30195252
>WASR10/63
Good suggestion
>Arsenal SLR107
Bad suggestion until Arsenal gets their QC in line.

>>30195355
They're alright, but best AK in that price range is going to be the WASR-10/63 (Or if you want an underfolder, the 10/63 UF)
>>
>>30195252
>$1000 for a "quality"rifle in x39
Get the wasr
>>
What's the best place to buy a WASR10/63?
>>
>>30195441
The internet
>>
File: image_zps4f675981.jpg (339 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image_zps4f675981.jpg
339 KB, 1024x1024
>>30195441
Atlantic firearms then talk to your local FFL about ordering one for you.
>>
>>30195252
>Get a WASR 10 or a C39V2 if you want budget. AR-15 if you want quality.
FTFY
I wouldn't buy an AK more expensive than a WASR 10 unless it was full auto.
>>
File: WASR 10_63 Synthetic.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WASR 10_63 Synthetic.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>30195225
>RAS47
Avoid like the plague, literally Khyber Pass tier, get a WASR-10/63 instead.

>>30195355
Decent, but underfolders aren't what they're cracked out to be, they loosen up fast and gets wobbly, bad cheekweld.
Get a fixed stock or sidefolder.

>>30195441
Anywhere that doesn't charge more than 500-600 for one.

The wood is kind of chintzy, so consider replacing it if you feel it's a problem, plastic works.
If you think steel mags are heavy, consider MagPul mags, or Tapco mags, which are surprisingly decent for being made by Tapco, Bulgarian Circle-10 mags are good too.
>>
>>30197953
He's goin all out here.
>>
>>30195474
An underfolder should NOT be your first ak. Maybe as a collector thing somewhere down the road.
They're awful feeling and make it take longer to aim and feel like ass on your cheek. Also, practically the worst cheek weld ever once you do get lined up.
>>
>>30195225
Get a NPAP. Same price as WASR-10 but will last 10x longer. You really can't beat that chrome-lined for a beginner gun.

If you are persistant you *can* get a WASR but I recommend the NPAP, stay away from Arsenal, and don't blow any more than $900+ on your first AK because you might not like it as much as you'd have hoped. Also try to avoid the RAS47 and the C39v2.
>>
Npap
>>
File: Richard the cock.jpg (473 KB, 1024x1557) Image search: [Google]
Richard the cock.jpg
473 KB, 1024x1557
>>30200444
>>30200455
These people know what's good OP.
>>
>>30200444
>>30200455
>>30200488
These people also fail to mention the proprietary furniture on the NPAP, which makes it significantly more expensive to modify.

WASR-10/63 > NPAP for the best FIRST AK
>>
So knowing ras io are all shit tier and arsenal recent fuck ups. What's up with ddi AK's? The 47 and 74
>>
>>30195225
>>30195252
PAP or WASR
>>30195355
NPAP-DF > M70AB2 > M70AB1/M70AB

Also, sidefolders > underfolders. I'd tell you not to buy the underfolder, but you really need to shoot one to appreciate why.
>>
N-PAP if you want something great out of the box and don't intend to change the furniture.
Be aware that they have a Yugo style side rail, which is technically compatible with both AK and SVD mount optics, but they'll mount higher and further back, which limits your options if you want eastern bloc optics. There's a couple good picatinny side rails which will work well with any commercial western scope.

WASR if you don't mind a somewhat cruder rifle and really want to change the furniture, absolutely must have a standard AK side rail, or are a puritan for the classic AKM - WASRs really only differ from an AKM in the lack of mag well dimples and the blued bolt carrier.

Imo I think the N-PAP has better fit and finish and is generally better made, as long as the Yugo furniture and side rail aren't deal breakers.
I'd even go as far as to say that N-PAPs rival Arsenals in quality. There's inexpensive stock adapters which let fixed stock N-PAPs work with most styles of side fold stock, and I found the PK-01 VS red dot to mount well on mine.
>>
>>30195225
WASR for budget

AtlanticFirearms kit build if you got the money and want quality. I'd put my $850 Polish build from Atlantic against a $1000+ Arsenal any day, especially for overall finish.
>>
Why all the mentions of N-PAPs? What about O-PAPs? My brother got one recently and it seems like a pretty good rifle and the beefier reciever and trunnion can't be a disadvantage for an extra 20 dollars
>>
>>30206853
Both are nice. Any difference in quality is probably entirely coincidental.
The bulged trunnion on the O-PAP is an upgrade if you intend to regularly remove kebab via rifle grenade and the heavily loaded blanks they used to launch them, but otherwise it just weighs more. I really doubt you'll ever shoot out a receiver or trunnion with a semi-auto AK or any number of drill blanks launching soda cans and golf balls.

For what it's worth, the Yugos still used rifle grenades with the 1mm receiver rifles anyway, they just wanted the 1.5mm to overbuild it - hence why both types have that extra button to lock down the dust cover on the rifle.
>>
>>30206853

No more parts kits to make OPAPS left.
>>
Other things to point out in my experience between wasr and npap not yet posted.... the wasr is light and handy feeling while the npap is heavier but feels strong. The wasr is a lot easier take all apart and npap can be a mother fucker cause how tight it all is
>>
Anybody have any experience with the PAP-SMR?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.