[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody know much about Mini-14 Tactical rifles. They have one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Mini-14.jpg (19 KB, 825x178) Image search: [Google]
Mini-14.jpg
19 KB, 825x178
Anybody know much about Mini-14 Tactical rifles. They have one in .300 BLK that looks nice. Was thinking it would be a good woods hunting/bug out gun. Are they reliable? Good platform for .300 blk?
>>
>>30193137
don't work well with steel cased ammo, decently accurate, magazines are hard to find and more expensive that AR.

If you're not gonna modify your guns at all, a stock Mini 14 is better than a stock AR-15.
>>
>>30193765
>a stock Mini 14 is better than a stock AR-15

How so?
>>
You'll regret not having wooden furniture.
>>
>>30193791
>>30193765
It's not, he's either trolling or retarded

Related
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcfqZFWpk9s
>>
>>30193791
They look cooler.
>>
>>30193791
It's not. The Mini-14 is known for having a pencil barrel that will start stringing shots once it heats up. You'll need an accu-strut to counteract the effect.

Also, the mini-14 is less customizable, has a smaller aftermarket, and only the Ruger-factory magazines are reliable. Ruger mags are also more expensive. Plus, it's more expensive than most intro-level AR-15s.
>>
>>30194458

thats the old ass 180 series mini's, which were changed in like 2000, the 580 series guns have a much better profile and don't heat up as quick or require a strut.
>>
>>30193137
.300 BLK would not be good for shtf because who has .300 BLK?
>>
Unless you're a super fan of the Garand action and the A-Team it would be better just to get an AR-15.
>>
>>30193137
Get an AR-15

faggot
>>
>>30193137
So what's the deal with .300 blk? Like it just sorta appeared everywhere after a while. Is it better than .556 or 7.62? Is it sexual?
>>
>>30195193

It's 7.62x39 that works better out of an AR15. It can also pretend to be .45 ACP if you load subsonic ammo.
>>
Does anyone use .300 BLK anymore? Unless you're going suppressed or SBR, what's the point?
>>
I got an old-style wood one in .223. They're not available in that style anymore, they're only available in "Ranch-rifle" or the blacktical one in the OP image. The difference being that the old school one looked like an actual M14 but scaled down, the new ones have all metal over the barrel instead of wood. My Mini-14 shoots great, sights are pretty good. I have no idea how well the new design works, but if they can charge $1,200 for it and it still sells, it's probably good.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.