[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guncare general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hey fol/k/s, I inherited a Colt Colteer 22lr and she shoots really well. However, I'm a doofus when it comes to trying to clean it and have no idea how to go about it.
I'm planning on going wabbit hunting this weekend and don't want to take her out as the repeating mechanism began to jam up a pit while at the range.

Does anyone have this gun and if so, could you either help guide me through it or perhaps create a video?
General gun care thread too.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
Have you tried looking that shit up? If not, just take it apart. Semi-auto 22 rifles are almost universally blowbacks. Very simple.
>>
>>30192949
Only thing I found was a schematic of it disassembled, no instructions or anything.
Again, I'm a doofus and a newfag at guns beyond shooting them.
No idea how to even take out the repeating mechanism.
>>
bump for halp
>>
Google how to disassemble the gun and go beyond the first two or three results

If you're a retard, get a bore snake, some CLP and spray that shit down
>>
>>30194261
It's a gun which was only produced in the 60s and 70s, I've tried looking for instructions and browsed through gun forums, video, and gun manuals. The most I've found was a disassembled schematic and advice for re-inserting a part.
>>
>>30194399
http://stevespages.com/pdf/colt_colteer_.22_autoloader.pdf

Here is the exploded schematic of the gun and a written description of how to take it apart.
>>
https://archive.org/stream/gunmanual_Colt_Colteer_.22_Autoloader/Colt%20Colteer%20.22%20Autoloader_djvu.txt,

If you really can't find a proper takedown guide there's a few options

1. Go to a gun store and try your luck finding an old timer who might be familiar

2. By CLP in the spray can with the plastic tube and just try to blast into any and all accessible spaces. I know it sounds shitty, but it might do you some good vs nothing at all if you can't figure out how to take it apart. Just be ready with rags to catch the excess that seeps out of random places
>>
Bump because I don't know what I should use to clean a wooden gunstock with. I use old English but it looks like it did nonthing
>>
>>30192512
Ballistol

Good for cleaning out lead, powder and copper

Protects metal and wood.

Soak the bitch inside and out. Wait 20 minutes then use a towel to clean it off until she is dry.
>>
>>30194399
Be like an engineer/clock worker and take off three things, then put them back on in order...then take off three more things including the original three and then put them back together in order so thats six things total. Continue doing this until you are an expert that knows every inch of your gun.
>>
Never use a bore snake to clean your gun.
The soft fibers and copper will erode the steel rifling in the barrel and ruin it.
>>
>>30197385
Wut?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.