[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of .45 colt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 880x660
What does /k/ think of .45 colt?
>>
meh.
>>
>>30191642
new vaquero a shit
>>
>>30191642
it was the most powerful handgun cartridge available for over 50 years, and it's still popular enough that it's sold almost everywhere
>>
>>30191775
#imwithher
>>
Between this and the histroy thread, I am strongly considering getting a Colt SAA in the caliber.

I'm relatively sure I could take my mother's cousin shooting with it and bring him to happy tears. His father carried one his whole life as an honest-to-God cowboy then rancher out in Carrizozo, NM.
>>
>>30191775

the Walker was technically more powerful but then again it didn't use cartridges
>>
>>30191642

too expensive
>>
>>30192046
the mars was also technically more powerful but that wasn't really "available"
>>
>>30192051
>2016
>not reloading handgun cartridges
>>
>>30191642
I got a SAA clone in it because the .357 ones look retarded. It's a sexy looking round.

If you load it for the SAA though it's not that much more powerful than a .45ACP though.
>>
>>30191691
What about "old" Vaquero?
>>
45's are dying and irrelevant. Only fossils use them.
>>
>>30191642
It is fun to shoot, and can be used for everything for target shooting to brush hunting out of a rifle.

Also an amazing cartridge to learn to reload on.
>>
>>30192081
How was the latest Tactical Buck Angel video?
>>
>>30192060

and it wasn't prone to exploding
>>
>>30192081

Isn't it a little late to be posting in Australia? Since you're up anyway, what did your cattlemen use?
>>
>tfw no 1860 with cartridge conversion cylinder able to take smokeless powder
>>
>>30191642
Underwood ammo makes a 250 gr. hard cast .45 acp with the same velocity. That works for me.
>>
>>30191642
A grand old cartridge that for all practical uses has been replaced but will live on forever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.