[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Mossberg 464 a good gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: mossberg 464.jpg (44 KB, 948x479) Image search: [Google]
mossberg 464.jpg
44 KB, 948x479
T4R. I want a lever action but Marlin got cancer, decent Winchesters are too expensive and I'll shoot myself before I buy a gun with something as retarded as Henry's tube magazine.
>>
File: AGTUAL 464.jpg (74 KB, 835x183) Image search: [Google]
AGTUAL 464.jpg
74 KB, 835x183
Whoops used a pic of the wrong gun
>>
>>30185164
What kinda loading system does this gun have if not the tube system?
>>
>>30185220
It uses a tube mag with a loading gate next to the action.

Henry's magazines use a bass-ackwards system where you slide the inside of the tube out of the gun, drop in the bullets, and slide it back.
>>
>>30185220
Henry doesn't use a loading gate, instead opting for a removable cap.

>>30185164
Marlin seems better now, but not worth the money. The Mossbergs are okay, and they are good for the price. They require a break-in to run smooth.
>>
You can find a used Winchester pretty cheap and marlins made in the last few years are fine. Its more important that you know how to inspect a gun than it is to ride solely on internet hearsay.

Don't but sight unseen and it'll be OK
>>
>>30185256
>Its more important that you know how to inspect a gun
desu you're right anon I need the skill. I only own one gun so far and it's one I built.

What knowledge do I need? What should I be looking for when I inspect a gun?
>>
>>30185164
The one thing I can't stand about these guns is the three safeties. Lever guns have done well with a half cock for years, I don't understand why Mossberg bubble wrapped the shit out of theirs.
>>
>>30185164
I thought Marlin QC picked back up recently?
>>
>>30185656
This. Marlin pulled a rollercoaster.

Had an 1894 made decades ago: fantastic
Had an 1894 made in...after that but prior to 2009: garbage
Have an 1894 made in 2010: fantastic again

Apparently whoever took over Marlin in 2009 got ahold of the tools marlin was using and they were all worn to absolute shit, so they got new tools, and now they're making good rifles again
>>
>>30185708
Marlin was bought by Cerberus.
They were in financial trouble and were cutting tool replacement to save costs. Many of the older more experienced workers also retired at roughly the same time.
>>
>>30185748
Makes sense that qc was garbage then. Glad they got their shit up to speed though; they make great leverfuns
>>
I have a 464. Not as good as the genuine article, but otherwise a fine gun.
>>
>>30185164
They look great, but the very few videos on youtube seem to always have issues, and every gun shop around me has quite a few second hand near new ones for sale. So make of that what you will

You should really look at the new marlins though OP, they have really sorted their shit out since their awfull transition a few years ago
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.