[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lay some knowledge on me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Long time lurker looking for help from my k/infolk... purchasing first ccw in by the end of the month and although I know it all comes down to personal preference and ability with a specific build, I would greatly appreciate any opinions, info, or anecdotes you guys would like to share. I've basically narrowed it down to a few options which I'll list by order of personal preference: H&K uspc, Springfield Armory mod 2 subcompacthe (3.3 inch barrel) and the Beretta px4 storm. I know you're all probably tired of hearing new shooters ask for your opinion, but seeing as how all I've taken into consideration (given my limited experience) is ergonomics, sight picture and how easily the weapon can be concealed, I would really like to hear your advice on caliber options, reliability, etc... this is my first post to 4chan, but as I said, I lurk, so I fully expect the standard asshole responses, but if any of you have experience with the firearms I've mentioned or have any wisdom you wouldn't mind passing along, I'll be checking back frequently.
>>
Go to a gun range that let's you rent guns and try some out if you can. I've heard people say not to get compact 1911's due to inherent reliability issues. I would highly suggest a striker fired due to not having to deal with DA/SA.

I think you should try a glock and an m&p, and decide which grip angle you like, and go with that. Glock is more angled like a Luger, m&p is like a 1911. That should be your deciding factor in my opinion. Don't do the xd.
>>
>>30176737
If you're looking for a nice CCW caliber, 9mm is the way to go. I'd recommend checking out a few block models like the other anon said. And also, if it's CCW, try to get a gun with a double-stack mag, so that you can get the most ammo for the least amount of space.
>>
>>30176813
Meant to say Glock models, fucking phone
>>
I appreciate the responses guys, I'll be heading to the range more often to broaden my horizons and I'll basically be trying every compact and subcompact I can get my hands on. I've got a lot of friends with glocks and certainly don't mind them, they're solid pistols. I suppose my top two choices are as such because of the extreme comfort and ease of acquiring a sight picture with the h&k uspc9 and the safety features and ease of concealment of the Springfield mod 2. I'm not surprised that the debate of striker fired vs. Hammer fired has already come up, as it's something I've been thinking about as well... perhaps I would consider the H&K vp9 instead of the uspc if the difference really is that important. Idk how to post as op, so hopefully it does it automatically
>>
>>30176970
The hammer-fire vs striker-fire isn't much of a deciding factor, at least in my opinion. Just get a gun that you feel comfortable using and could be operated in a stressful condition, so that you know it could be reliable in such an occasion. Good luck
>>
>>30176970
I found the VP9 to be a bit small and hard to find an area to put my second hand. I would make sure to get whatever feels best or whichever you shoot best with, not which has the best marketing or looks the coolest. I didn't like glocks, but I shoot relatively good with them, so now I got 2.
>>
>>30176785
Why not the xd mod 2?
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 600x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 600x466
>>30176970
Forgot to mention, whenever you're at the range see if you can get your hands on a HK P7, from what I've heard they are breddy gud for CCW
>>
9mm Luger and .380ACP both fare pretty well in compact pistols if you use good defensive ammo.
>>
Again, thank you guys. I hear what you're saying about choosing what's right for me, not only based on comfort, but based on what I can do with them... I know I need something I can draw quickly, and fire accurately and consistently with and the paper doesn't lie...I'll go with whatever I can get the best grouping with. I appreciate the fact that you say that you didn't really care for glocks, but you ended up with two of them because they're what gets the job done for you. Although I've always been sort of a fan of H&K, I'm in no way some sort of brand lover... Ill go with whatever works best for me as well, even if it's something I've never considered. I agree, the vp9 isn't the biggest around, but I've got relatively small hands and I liked the sights and the grip wasn't too bad either.
>>
>>30177063
I'll keep an eye out... I hear those little guys are pretty damn accurate.
>>
>>30177076
Although, as I've mentioned, I'm a pretty new shooter (23, started shooting last year) I've somehow gotten it into my head that I'd prefer a larger caliber than .380. When I first started my search for a CCW about a year and a half ago, I looked at quite a few .380's just for the small size and how easily they'd be concealed.
>>
>>30177195
>I've somehow gotten it into my head that I'd prefer a larger caliber than .380
Nothing wrong with that, an important factor of picking a carry caliber is to pick something you feel you shoot well, some people shoot .45ACP better than 9mm Luger because how it recoils in a different manner, for some people, .40S&W feels like the most natural thing in the world when in their hands, I brought up .380ACP mainly because it's a light cartridge which actually still has some power, and that people shouldn't be afraid to carry it, because it does work.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.