[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR: GOOFED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160604_162157.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_162157.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
I was trying to fix my AR because for some reason after taking it apart, greasing it up, putting it back together and putting it into my closet, the bolt wouldn't fully close. The bolt face would "screw in" like normal. So I took it apart again to look at the BCG. I watched some videos and shit of takedown and cleaning to make sure I wasn't just making an autist mistake because I've been away for five months and couldn't play with my guns. I couldn't find anything wrong so I tried to just drop it all back in. Now the BCG and charging handle are fucking stuck. I didn't force anything but shit's jammed, senpai. How do I unfuck this?
>>
File: IMG_20160604_162223.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_162223.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
Closer pic
>>
Soak w/ a few drops of oil, relax, try to manually cycle it tomorrow.
>>
>>30176021
I dont see the firing pin, if that's not in there, the cam pin can twist , some guy had one stuck like that in a thread a couple weeks ago
>>
>>30176064
Yeah.

If you don't fully assemble the bolt or do something stupid like say put the firing pin retaining pin in before the firing pin you can lock your gun up.
>>
>>30176064
This, you better start poking the firing pin hole with an opened wire coat hanger and praying to JMB the cam pin will rotate enough for you to hook the bolt and try to unlock it.

Worst case scenario you now owe a gunsmith $50 to unfuck your shit.
>>
I got it out by my original problem still stands. It wont go fully into battery. This isn't a new rifle and it's worked fine before. I already checked the gas tube and it's okay. What do?
>>
File: BCG.jpg (62 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
BCG.jpg
62 KB, 600x700
make sure your firing pin retainer and bolt cam are in correctly, it should look like pic related when you put the bolt into the upper
>>
>>30176206
Check the bolt for cracks, make sure there isn't shit jamming the piston rings, or a broken piece of brass lucking in the barrel extension out of sight.
>>
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>30176064
I had that happen because I'm retired and I took like 3 hours to get it out. It just persistent jiggling and poking until it finally comes.
>>
>>30176219
>extractor spring
it's called the fucking ejector
>>
>>30177846
That's what I was thinking.
>>
>>30176021
Get a soft sided hammer and gently tap the receiver or the muzzle device while putting steady reward pressure on the charging handle. You will feel it start moving reward a little with each tap until it is free. If you are lucky.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.