[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any general tips for joining the police force? Also police thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 14
File: Bd4JX8dIgAExcDU.jpg (47 KB, 599x516) Image search: [Google]
Bd4JX8dIgAExcDU.jpg
47 KB, 599x516
Any general tips for joining the police force?

Also police thread.
>>
>>30175727
Yeah. Don't be the reason everyone hates cops.
>>
>>30175727
Be a Dic.
>>
>>30175727
abuse your power as much as humanly possible
>>
>remain as level headed as you can, people will try to antagonize you and its better to just laugh it off
>I cannot stress having a thick skin enough
>find a dep. that you enjoy, some guys love patrol, other investigations, other like bureaucracy. if you start to hate what you do GTFO and do something else
>try talking with people first like a stern but loving father figure. thats the best way I can put it. dont be a hard ass until you have to be but dont be a push over either
>know your laws, specifically for stopping a person and motor vehicle. Keep a cop of a little constitution with those portions highlighted in case somebody fights you on it. again try to keep cool. if theyre filming it then thats more of a reason to be calm and collected
>nothing is funnier then going to court when you did the right thing and are polite about it while some punk teenager is screaming at you in his own video
>most of the time nobody in the general is going to know or care if you do something nice, so only do it for the person youre interacting with, not for everyone to see. it feels better that way anyway
>be friendly with the homeless (the legit homeless, not the fakers looking for easy money) they can be the ears and eyes of the street and builds community relations
>as lame as it is, take some community college courses. Public speaking, acting (so you know how to talk in front of crowds) writing so you can fill a report properly) and sociology (it looks good on paper for any #BLM )
>the job is about personal victories, youre not going to solve every case and not every incident will end nicely, learn to let things go and learn from it. the times where things do work out will be great
>>
>>30175727

Full of jocks and massive faggots with delusions of power and grandeur.

Many ex-military that want to earn more doing less.

Police sucks big fucking time both for civilians and for policemen alike.

On 1st world non-shitholes they're pretty unnecessary most of the time, and they tend to be massive "sheepdog" faggots. Also when they do something the oppinion will always be against them.

If you want to go police I suggest you do like that anon who is a brazilian MP.

Join a militaristic police that is actually severe and actually works actually doing shit and getting shit done.
>>
>>30175727
take stock of yourself
mess around with a girl under 18 when you were in HS?
Not getting hired
look at questionable pics even once on the internet?
Not going to get hired
White male trying to get on with a major PD that has hiring advantages for minorities and women?
Not going to get hired
Get your eyes checked, even a little color blind?
Not going to get hired.
>>
>>30175727
Not OP but similar question: if I want to join the police, how do I find a precinct that would let me carry my own sidearm?
>>
>>30176341
Find one with money problems.
>>
Army>police
>>
>>30175727
>that pic
>implying that talking loudly is what people care about filming
>completely ignoring the "HE WENT FOR MUH TAZER SO I SHOT HIM 12 TIMES IN HIS BACK"
>cops whining about being filmed on the job
>>
>>30176346
I thought that a lot of rural police can choose their weapon and bring their own
>>
Is that political cartoon FOR police?
Is there another part where the cop magdumps into the guy, claims self defense, and gets paid vacation and maybe a slap on the wrist?
>>
>>30176351
what are you 15?
>>
>>30176336
How would they know what I look at on the internet?
>>
>>30176373
>>30176358

these
>>
get a go pro and try to hide it in your body so when shit like that happens you can catch it from your point of view
dont let people know you have a camera though, let them try to start shit and have it on camera
>>
Before you can be a cop they should teach you ALL the laws. All of them.

Same with citizens. If they don't teach you the law in school you shouldn't be expected to obey it.

Over time I've learned that literally everything is illegal. I live in a state where it's illegal to keep an alligator in a bathtub. It's one of those laws nobody enforces because how the fuck would it happen and how do you catch them? Guess what I saw in a pet store one day. A little gator in a washtub. The guy probably didn't know he was breaking the law.

Don't enforce narcotics laws. There is clearly an issue there. Legal prescription narcotics kill more people than illegal plants ever thought about, and prohibition has only served to kill people.

Be aware that every law the government wants you to uphold, they also break. They most certainly do illegal shit all the time.

OP, you seriously don't see anything wrong with sending people to the rape cages that are prisons? You know damn well they are.

And you want advice about how to be a "good cop" even though you know you will be part of a system of legalized slavery and rape?

Don't you see any kind of conflict in your logic?
>>
>>30176362

I think having an issue sidearm would be for easing protocol and legal reasons.
>>
>>30176404
Op never asked about being a good cop.
>>
>>30176362
A lot of departments have a roster you can pick from and some let you carry your own piece as a backup gun ya just need to qualify with it.
>>
>>30176404
>Don't enforce narcotics laws.
not entirely true. Only enforce them when the user is acting in a way that endangers others. he wants to shoot up and OD in his moms basement then let him. He wants to shoot up while driving and veer off the road killing somebody who has their life together? then we have a problem. As somebody who thinks the war on drugs is a waste of time (and even though nobody will believe me when I say most cops agree and dont waste their time with it) sometimes you just have to be a dick like that.
Ive already gone to somebody house once this month telling them mommy isnt coming home because mommy got her fucking face taken off in an accident because some dipshit OD'd while behind the wheel
>>
>>30176336

He said police, not the fucking FBI. Most local PD's don't do a polygraph. Believe it or not, there are more important things to focus on than your loli binges.
>>
>>30176380

Obviously.

The rule of thumb is that if a poster uses the reddit pepe meme, makes sweeping statements about shit they don't know about, or demonstrates a total lack of understanding when it comes to living and letting live, they're a teenager.

Don't talk to the teenagers. You don't talk to them IRL, and just because they came into your favorite board screeching for attention doesn't mean you have to reply. If you don't give him attention, he'll fuck off.
>>
>>30176404

>Before you can be a cop they should teach you ALL the laws. All of them.
Literally impossible.

>Same with citizens. If they don't teach you the law in school you shouldn't be expected to obey it.
So high school dropouts don't have to obey the law. Great.

>Over time I've learned that literally everything is illegal. I live in a state where it's illegal to keep an alligator in a bathtub. It's one of those laws nobody enforces because how the fuck would it happen and how do you catch them? Guess what I saw in a pet store one day. A little gator in a washtub. The guy probably didn't know he was breaking the law.
This isn't something that actually becomes a policing issue.

>Don't enforce narcotics laws. There is clearly an issue there. Legal prescription narcotics kill more people than illegal plants ever thought about, and prohibition has only served to kill people.
If he's not going to do that, then he has no logical reason to enforce any laws relating to choice.
Police are not moral agents, they enforce the laws that your representatives created.

>Be aware that every law the government wants you to uphold, they also break. They most certainly do illegal shit all the time.
The government can have legal justification to do things that are illegal for civilians.

>OP, you seriously don't see anything wrong with sending people to the rape cages that are prisons? You know damn well they are.
That's a massive overstatement. But in any case, just because the prison system is overcrowded and in need of reform, that isn't a reason to not incarcerate people who need to be incapacitated from society.

>And you want advice about how to be a "good cop" even though you know you will be part of a system of legalized slavery and rape?
punishment =! slavery, and the rape is not legal.

>Don't you see any kind of conflict in your logic?
I see another person who thinks he knows everything about the CJS in America, but has no clue what he's talking about.
>>
File: afsecfo.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1664) Image search: [Google]
afsecfo.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1664
>>30175727

> join air force (better quality of life and base selection, less scumbags and idiots because of higher recruiting standards)
> sign up for security forces
> travel to different bases all over the world, see the castles and drink the beer in germany, see the ancient ruins of rome and drink wine while in italy, go to japan if you are a weeaboo, etc
> get your bachelors and masters degree paid for 100% by the air force
> serve for 20 years and retire so you can get pension and buy tax free stuff from any PX/BX (basically walmart for the military)
> get additional education with your GI bill or just let your family use it
> you can now do basically anything you want in law enforcement and get a job just about anywhere and be paid well too because 20 years of military experience and a lot of education is very valuable and puts you way ahead of the guy who finished college at 22 and immediately applied to become a cop
>>
>>30177099
>higher recruiting standards
Sup, public relations department. Please leave. Being a military cop is a terrible idea and military cops are not hired by legitimate police departments.
>>
>>30177034
Wanna know how I know you're a boot licker?
>>
>>30177099

>>serve for 20 years and retire so you can get pension and buy tax free stuff from any PX/BX (basically walmart for the military)
>>you can now do basically anything you want in law enforcement

lol
Good luck getting hired as a 40 year old.
>>
>>30177116

Interesting how you resorted to name calling, instead of using facts.
That's usually a sign that someone is losing an argument, or has no argument.
>>
File: giphy.gif (477 KB, 540x657) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
477 KB, 540x657
>>30176237
>>30175727

>If you want to go police I suggest you do like that anon who is a brazilian MP.
>Join a militaristic police that is actually severe and actually works actually doing shit and getting shit done.

And lose, at least, one of your colleagues every year in a shooting, or executed by some crook when he's closing the garage door, or waiting in the bakery queue.

If you can take it, come to Paraná. We need good guys here.
>>
>>30177114

It's funny because he doesn't know what security forces is.

Go back to referring to your parents as room mates and play more video games, you sad little manchild :^)
>>
>>30177120

Do us both a favor and look up photos/videos of Academi/Blackwater PMCs actually working. Notice the gray hairs and wrinkles.

Do your research before you make sweeping statements, friend.
>>
File: counting.gif (418 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
counting.gif
418 KB, 500x375
>>30177114

But they'll hire a 22 year old with a worthless college degree over a 38+ year old military veteran with 20 years of experience in the field, extensive weapons training, and a masters degree in criminal science?

You are mistaken.
>>
>>30177194

>Academi/Blackwater PMCs
What the fuck does that have to do with becoming a cop?
>>
>>30177199
>over a

You're suggesting there's a shortage of positions for MPs and that they can only take one from the two options.

There's plenty of room in the meatgrinder.
>>
>>30177199

>But they'll hire a 22 year old with a worthless college degree over a 38+ year old military veteran with 20 years of experience in the field, extensive weapons training, and a masters degree in criminal science?

Correct.
Lots of states actually have laws requiring new officers to be under a certain age.
In my state it's 35.
No one wants to hire a 40 year old due to pension reasons from what I understand.
There's probably other factors too.
>>
>>30177015
That's not true
>>
>>30177219
This. they want someone they are going to get their money out rather than someone who is going to retire shortly anyway.
>>
>>30177231

Yeah, that's a big part of what I'm trying to say.
Thanks.
>>
>>30175727
Go be a firefighter. More time off, less stress, better public opinion, better quality of bitches that want to fuck you just for being a hose dragger, get to work out while getting paid, get to drive/ride that sweet ass truck.

Ive been a cop for ten years. If i could do it again Id go fire instead.
>>
>>30177242
It is considerably harder to become a FF compared to LE
>>
>>30177242
>better public opinion
youd be surprised actually. generally they are liked more than cops but ive seen quite a few firefighters and EMTs as well get harassed when they go to more urban places responding to calls
Im a cop and I understand the public generally not liking us but bunker pants are in my experience bro teir
>>
>>30177254
Because its worth it.
>>
>>30177199
yeah? If youre pushing 40 theyre not going to see the point in putting you through an academy and then a mostly physical job. For all the dumb regulations that one at least makes sense
>>
>>30177263
Sure to some it might be but its not an easy thing to accomplish.
>>
>>30177242
I'm looking into joining the fire department. How does one know which city to work for?
>>
File: youre old.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youre old.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>tfw I just go my associates degree....in criminal justice
yeah I know its mostly worthless but they didnt have any forensic, computer or other worthwhile LEO courses at my school. Now im trying to get into another program while going for the bachelors in CJ because im already halfway there anyway, but im like pigeon holed with the CJ courses and dont have a lot of wiggle room

how fucked am I?
>>
File: 1438134855607.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1438134855607.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>wanting to be a pig irl
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>30177286
Fuck if I know. Ask a firefighter.
>>
>>30177116
> m-m-muh bootlicker!
>>
>>30177286
You will work for whatever house will hire you. You will most likely have to volunteer somewhere for a while

>>30177289
switch degrees m8. CJ is useless. Doesn't need to be forensic, shit like psychology is good.
>>
>>30177295
>>wanting to be a pig irl
>wtf is wrong with you?

The only reason the police force doesn't share your values is because people like you refuse to join.

If you don't like cop culture, become a cop and do your part to change it.
>>
>>30176373
don't forget the thousands from kickstarter. sounds like a pretty good time to me
>>
>>30177289
CJ isnt totally worthless. It isnt much but its still a degree. Once you get in to a department it will probably pay off but it wont make much headway to actually get in.
people say its worthless because of that, and you better be damn sure you want to be a cop because if not then you have nothing else to do with it
>>
>>30176450
i choose my jagdkommando. it's one evil knife
>>
>>30177310
I want something I can fall back on if LEO doesnt fall through. I dont want to be a psychologist and I dont see how thats better then 90% of other generic degrees
>>
>>30177317
>do your part to change it
Because you totally won't be shunned, ridiculed, and most likely fired because you're not just like every other cookie cutter right violater?
>"I want to be a professional hypocrite!"
>>
>>30177343
What are you going to do with a cj degree?
>>
>>30175727
Yeah shoot dogs on sight and give innocent people a hard time for no reason because your dick is small and you're too retarded for real work.

You'll be police chief in no time.
>>
>>30175727
1. Be an obese faggot dickhead.
2. You're accepted for service.
>>
>>30177116
>le bootlicker meme
XD1!!!1111!!1!!!111
>>
>>30175727
"Any tips for getting a job leeching off the taxpayers while doing nothing but creating more problems and generating revenue for the state? Also remember my life is worth 10 of yours that's why I'll never have a duty to protect you! Okay so how jackboot guyz? lol xD!"

Fixed that for you op, sorry I mean cop
>>
>>30177355
>>30177361
>>30177380
this is sad
>>
All these edgy anons going on and on about how cops are bad. Shit where I live the cops are just fine.
>>
>>30177388
>>30177385
Cops, even just the presence of them, are pretty much the only thing stopping most places from devolving into riotous shitholes. Which is, I guess, what /k/ wants.
>>
>>30177317
>become a cop
>do your part to change it
Remember kids, the system is always stronger than the individual.
>>
>>30177400
> implying
If just 51% of citizens were armed, we wouldn't need cops. Hell in my life, and my parents life, and in all of my family's life we have never needed or called the police. And I live in a poor neighborhood with lots of crime.
>>
>>30177420
the system is made of individuals. when you change the individuals, you change the system.
>>
>>30177385
What's sad is that a good portion of this country is a police state.
>>30177388
Well where I live there's less than 15,000 racially homogenous white folk yet we have over 100 state troopers based in our county alone, and they just fired 25 new ones.
>no one likes speeding tickets
>no one likes power hungry cops
>no one likes to see three of them sitting window to window eating takeout instead of busing the dope dealers that do $3 bags
Yeah totally everyone loves beat cops they're so effective and such an essential part of our community. dont you see them saving lives every day for little or no pay just like volunteer firefighters and EMTs?
>>
>>30177424
yes, but do you think if people thought there were no repercussions for crime there would be more of it? i think there would.
>>
>>30177400
If you honestly believe this then you're part of the problem.
People are what keeps the fires from spreading.
>LA riots
Did the police retreate or didn't they? Would we be able to see a Korean town standoff today or would the LAPD descend on the Koreans because they have illegal guns?
>you know the answer
>>30177432
Implying that individual won't be crushed by being forced to drive the shittiest squad car and years of extra paperwork just because he's not down with the violation of rights like everyone else in the force.
>/k/
>wide eyed idealism
>>
>>30177424
Scratch that, my sister actually called the police once when her house was broken into.

They arrived 2 hours after she called, and a cop took a huge dump in her toilet after "clearing" the house and left it clogged. They took a report, but then refused to do anything when she saw her laptop being sold on craigslist.

What could we possibly do without our hereos in blue.
>>
>>30177454
without idealism nothing changes and we drown in the mire of dull-minded conservatism. what would you rather just bitch about it on a filipino carpetmaking board, or do you actually want to change anything?
>>
>>30177454
Do you honestly believe every single cop is corrupt?
>>
>>30177439
>no reprocusions
So getting shot in the ass for stealing grandmas radio is literally nothing compared to probation or maybe a month in jail?
When individuals are responsible for protecting there own resources it's proven that justice is swift and accurate. Much more efficient than the legal system, anyone can agree with that.!
>>
>>30177470
Yes.
The ones that aren't, like Dorner, are swiftly executed.
>>
>>30177469
>actually want to change anything?
If you think the best way to change law enforcement is from the inside you're sadly mistaken, it's a nice concept but it's never worked. The only way to deal with these assholes is make them accountable for there actions through legislation. Make them wear body cameras, make them stop meaningless traffic stops, fuck even a self defense against law enforcement law would be ground breaking, any piece of legislation saying "you're equal to the highschool drop outs with badges" would do massive good.
But no, we have a protected hypocrite class that's here to stay and take our money and our rights piece by piece.
>>
>>30177500
You are a lost cause.
>>
>>30177507
Body cameras are already becoming the norm. Please define a "meaningless" traffic stop also do tell what you mean by self defense against law enforcement and how you can prevent literally everyone from fighting the police saying they are acting in self defense.

Nice high school drop out meme btw
>>
File: KS23FuckYou.jpg (76 KB, 517x644) Image search: [Google]
KS23FuckYou.jpg
76 KB, 517x644
>>30176388
>>30176373
>>30176358

Hi BLM
>>
>>30177507
>body cams
Slowly being adopted.
>useless traffic stops
Give me some examples of what you figure useless to be.
>self defense against cops
A man in texas got off scott free for killing a cop in a no knock raid. Also I can't see self defense being too common.
>>
>>30176237

>t. a criminal
>>
>>30177543
Becoming the norm =\= nationwide adoption.
Meaningless traffic stop is any traffic stop that does not result in some sort of greater meaningful conviction, therefore serving as nothing but a revenue gathering too and general time waster. This would mean the vast majority of tickets and stops.

Self defense against law enforcement is self explanatory, just like self defense against any other normal human being in a non-castle state. You have to be scared for your life while being innocent of any crime. I.E 4am no knock raid on the wrong house.
Anyone may be able to say "I punched piggy because self defense" but they won't actually be protected by the law, so they're still getting charged with assaulting an officer and if joe the crack head can even land a punch on Barney fife he's a pretty shitty cop not understanding physical boundaries.
>>
>>30176336

At least here, the minorities bit was unofficially thrown out of the window after it was shown that they were the most likely to abuse their powers themselves.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>30175821
deeek
>>
>>30177594
Give me a specific example of a meaningless stop.

People have got off free just like >>30177565 said.
>>
>>30177509
That was a joke.
Obviously not all police are corrupt, but an exceptionally large majority will have no problem standing up for those that are.

Those that stand up for corrupt cops do so not necessarily because they are corrupt themselves, but because police in general are so uneducated about the law that they just believe whatever they are told.

Cops literally will believe shooting an unarmed crying and crawling man in the face is a-okay since they spend 90% of their training focusing on shooting and subduing criminals and almost no time in understanding statues and acceptable use of force.
>>
>>30177622
Again people like yourself like to use the one case that gets on the news then judge everyone off it.

What experience are do you have to say 90% of training is shooting and subduing? Because I can tell you that's wrong. Case law and use of force are used everyday and training never stops.
>>
>>30176358
Any other day I might've posted some shit about how obnoxious it is to film cops doing their jobs, but our city is putting Automatic License Plate Readers up all over the place along with the fact that anywhere you go in public you're likely to be on camera. And there is NO QUESTION that they will be more than happy to try to use that footage, even if it's used unfairly or taken out of context. So even though i've done nothing wrong, it adds a certain feeling of unearned guilt and paranoia.

>You got nothing to worry about if you're not breaking the law.
That now goes two ways, so enjoy these assholes recording you on their phones, body cams, and just generally laying in the bed you made, copfags.
>>
>>30177616
Doing 80 in a 65 while following someone doing 90, then being charged with running a red light on an interstate (has happened to me)

Front license plate stops, all because you can't be scanned in both directions

Pulling over a vaper because cops think pot smells like cheesecake (has happened while i was in the car)

DUI checkpoints

"Your tail lights out lol"

>implying any direct unsolicited confrontation with police is justified
>ever
Usually if someone hasn't requested assistance because you're not a blatant menace to society it means you're pretty good and shouldn't be harassed and shaken down by modern day highwaymen.
>>
>>30177616
>Give me a specific example of a meaningless stop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/20/nyregion/20police.html?_r=0

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/04/395061810/despite-laws-and-lawsuits-quota-based-policing-lingers

oh and lets not forget the honorable practice of highway rob-I mean, "civil forfeiture"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States
>>
File: 1429739976737.png (416 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1429739976737.png
416 KB, 623x527
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-36448058
>>
>>30177565
Nice to see that one case in the one of the best states in the union is now the law of the land for the entire 300,000,000 people in this country.

>try that in CT, NY, or CA and see what happens
>>
>>30177660
Speeding, taillight out, and dui checkpoints are all for public safety. It's cool that you want to speed and not change your lightbulb but when you put others in danger due to your lack of responsibility I hope you get pulled over. You are not alone on the road
>>
>>30176985
This.
I'm a full blown heroin Addict living in california. Cops constantly let us go with personal amounts. Anything worth selling tho, or if you're in a car or what ever is a big no no tho.
>>
>>30177677
>just because it happened once doesn't mean it will become common.
>MAN, FUCK THOS FUCKING WARMONGER CHILD RAPIST PIGS. SOME COPS IS BAD SO THEY ALL A BUNCHA KID FUKIN MONEY STEALIN BITCHES.
>>
>>30177677
If it hasn't happened in those states then how are we supposed to see how it's ruled
>>
>>30175727
Have a double digit IQ OP
>>
>>30175749
>>30175824
Here we see peace officer vs law enforcement

>>30176222
Trips of truth
>>
>>30177658
*lying, for the grammar nazis
>>
>>30177706
>DUI checkpoints for safety
It's been proven DUI checkpoints don't check drunk drivers
>speeding
80 in a 65 isnt speeding, when the speed limit was made in 1954 it makes sense that we should rise the limits to account for modern vehicles. That's besides the point, I should not be ticketed for doing 80 when the person giving me the ticket regularly drives 100 on the same road
>tail light
You really think I need a fucking cop to tell me my taillights out?

It's great to see that you have literally no cortical thinking skills, maybe you would make an excellent cop.
>this kind of mentality, "the law is always right and dosent apply to those who enforce it" is why we're in such a shit state as a country today.
>>
>>30177354
>take a civil service test
>hopefully get state police
>if not settle for local town cop
>do that for a few years and move on to federal, maybe go back to school in the process because as I said my other school didnt have much to offer but I couldn't afford to expand my options
>>
>>30177652
> The one case that gets on the news
It's only on the news because they finally fucked with someone rich, well connected, or just stupid enough to fight back against the legal leviathan even backwater PDs have access too thanks to the corrupt and incestuous justice system.

In my experience, almost anyone who has interacted with a cop has been harassed or dealt with plain old false charges that they can do absolutely nothing about.

My boss' dog was put down a while ago because his neighbor who was an cop lied and said he was attacked. The judge didn't even want to hear or see the video tape of the dog doing absolutely nothing at the time in question. It was an instant ruling for marking the dog as dangerous, and resulted in the execution of a family member all because he barked at a cop while behind a giant gated fence.
>>
>>30177717
>acts like raids on the wrong house aren't common
>>30177723
It has happened... Wrong house raids have happened in every state in the US. How can you expect someone to defend themselves when they have literally no legal ground to do so?
If you so much as have a gun within reach in the presence of a cop in one of those states you are as good as dead.
>>
>>30176237
>cops are militaristic corrupt assholes
>so join a militaristic one and at least be useful like them
you just contradicted yourself so hard I had to re read what you put
>>
>>30177034
>If he's not going to do that, then he has no logical reason to enforce any laws relating to choice.
>Police are not moral agents, they enforce the laws that your representatives created.
They have the choice to enforce or not enforce an unconstitutional law. Cops are also human beings, not machines.
>>
>>30177768
**not the guy you replied to**
>it's been proven that DUI checkpoints don't check drunk drivers
[citation needed]
>80 in a 65 isn't speeding
It is though, and we already have a way to change laws in this country. Speed limits have gone up here and there. Sign a petition and vote if you don't like it.
>I should not be ticketed for doing 80 when the person giving me the ticket regularly drives 100 on the same road.
Agreed, unless said person is using his lights and sirens to at least warn others that he's driving like an asshat for a reason, and probably costing taxpayers big repair bills if he drives like that constantly.
>You really think i need a fucking cop to tell me my taillights out?
Maybe, maybe not. There are plenty of people (ok, dindus) near me who are driving cars that are so fucked up they shouldn't be on the road. Laws about taillights are for safety (headlights are a better example - ever had a car come up behind you with one headlight and you can't tell what lane they're in?), and they're also to keep people from letting basic maintenance shit go until their cars are unfit to drive.
>>
>>30177769
Good luck to ya
>>
>>30175727

Well I'm trying to get in a PD or sheriff but before then losing weight and getting more fit. As a CO I heard same applies to general public; be fair and consistent, be neutral until they give you reason other wise , don't be a dick unless they give you reason for it , and always be the voice of reason by staying very calm and control the situation.

Just be a fucking person and don't be a dick by thinking yourself higher than they are because of a uniform. Main difference is usually you never got caught but they did.
>>
>>30177842

They are machines or real human beans depending on wether it suits them

>sorry sir this is strictly a 40 mph zone, you were going at 45 mph. I'm just enforcing muh laws ok? here's your ticket have a good day!
>no no your honour, see, when I tried to illegally stop and frisk Jamal, he fled on foot. I feared for my life so I magdump into his back. I'm just a Real Human Bean, I got all emotional
>>
>>30177865
> Agreed, unless said person is using his lights and sirens to at least warn others that he's driving like an asshat for a reason, and probably costing taxpayers big repair bills if he drives like that constantly.
Glad you agree, too bad it doesn't mean shit because cops will do whatever the fuck they want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GieR7zepu5M
>>
>>30176222
Ive been around law enforcement all of my life, if every one followed these tips we'd be as close to a utopia as we can get
>>
>>30175727

The ultimate guide
http://forums.officer.com/t94150/
>>
>>30177771
I'm the admitted frugal addict up above. And desu Given my social standing cops are always super fucking swell with me.
>>
>>30177865
Do you really want me to find you a citation? My own state even admits this, that's why we have 5 checkpoints state wide but double the roving patrols... Drunks just avoid the checkpoints.

Just to clarify I live in CT, the road I'm talking about is RT8. It's a 4-6 lane divided state highway, doing 80 on it is not speeding. My state has kept the 65 and in some places (that are 3 lanes each direction) even a 55 limit because they know it creates money.

Great to see that we agree, and I'm not talking about lights on in an emergency I'm just talking about crusing down the highway. Personally I don't care if they're doing 150mph with the lights on, they might actually NEED to be somewhere. But I don't like going to drop off my CCW paperwork at the state police baricks and seeing 5 wrecked state trooper cars I paid for.

Agreed on the dindus and the purpose of tail light laws, I personally just don't like the execution. I'm white so I change my lights & fluids regularly. I'm so white I even keep spares in my truck.
the only counter I have to that is the pressure of law enforcement on major roads forces these niggers to the back roads to try and stay hidden, which helps no one.

I think we agree more than we disagree, I'm all for LEOs stopping bad guys but I just don't like the heavy hand of law enforcement we see today, the vast majority of us aren't bad people yet it feels like we're all treated that way or legislated to become bad people.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 750x1334
>>30177951
>pic related
>"TIME FOR NEW A NEW CAPRICE!"
>>
>>30177916
same and as much as I think we could all gain a lot from learning to talk more and learning about cultures and stuff rather then the older bruiser methods, the job is the job and there are times when the bruiser method is necessary and if you dont accept that then youre delusional
we just need to know what to use for what situation is all
>>
>>30175727
Take Dornor out to eat, and get on his good side just in case.

enjoy your shit job and a cruise to retirement
>>
>>30177951
General question here guys, CT fag.
http://patch.com/connecticut/newtown/newtown-police-sergeant-dispatcher-arrested-alleged-steroid-ring-0

This is what our local PD's do, is it this bad across the entire country or is it just CT?
>>
>>30177015
maybe for some small 6 man force in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>30177951
>It's a 4-6 lane divided state highway, doing 80 on it is not speeding.

It is, if the posted limit is 65. Its pretty simple, and can be changed if the majority of the people agree with the change. (See, texas).

Just because YOU dont think your speeding, does not mean your not. Its cute, but you are driving on public roads, where you follow the rules of the public concensus or pay the tax for not.
>>
>>30176222
Spot on
>>
>>30176382
>How would they know what I look at on the internet?
do you know where you are?
>>
>>30176222
STOP UNJUSTLY KILLING UNARMED YOUNG BLACK MEN IT'S NOT THAT HARD GOD
>>
>>30177254
>It is considerably harder to become a FF compared to LE
I'm sure if STALKER was still shit posting here on /k/ he would agree with you.
>>
>>30178123
It's cute that you compare CT to Texas lol.
Don't you think people have pettitioned to change it? We have 4/2 lane roads with higher limits in some places...
>defending a speed trap as some great protector of the people
>2016

That's exactly why I hate cops, "pay the tax for not" I already payed the taxes to use the roads, paid the taxes to pay for everything in on and around that department and paid the taxes to put the signs up with the limit that absolutely no one that's not a heroin addict follows.

This isn't even considering the NHTSA stats that prove speed has little impact on accident rates http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/26/2627.asp

Still doesn't matter, I've been pulled over for doing 65 in a 65 because "I was acting conscious" in my moms Jetta...

>I bet you are one of those people who consideres 70 in a 65 to be speeding
>>
>>30178224
*conspicuous not cautious
>>
>>30178004
>a little torture doesn't hurt is what I'm saying

kill yourself
>>
File: 1454524348268.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1838) Image search: [Google]
1454524348268.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1838
thoughts on State Troopers?
debating if I should join them vs local/city police becuase it seems like city cops deal with more shit and thats why you hear about them getting into more issues. I almost never hear about a state trooper getting into shit, at least not as often. also
>better training
>better uniform
>more opportunity for advancement
>better detective units/more jurisdiction
>can move anywhere in the state
>>
If anyone has serious questions about PD/SD or USCBP hiring I'm happy to answer.
>>
>>30178339

Apply to them and 3-7 other places, they sound great but there's no guarantee you'll be accepted.
>>
>>30178263
>calling thjat torture
kek, you little pussies wouldnt last an hour in South Africa if you call that police brutality. for a board so obsessed with stroking their ego and calling themselves opertuhs you guys are a bunch of pussies
>>
>>30178224
>Don't you think people have pettitioned to change it?

If the petition was sucessful, it would be changed.

>>defending a speed trap as some great protector of the people

No, it protects people from dumbasses like you who thinks he can go 80 in a 55. Then when you kill somebody, im sure it will be "their fault" for going the speed limit.

>I already payed the taxes to use the roads, paid the taxes to pay for everything in on and around that department and paid the taxes to put the signs up with the limit

Absolutely, you paid taxes to lawfully use the roads. Not to abuse it.

>This isn't even considering the NHTSA stats that prove speed has little impact on accident rates

Correlation is not causation. If you actually read the report, (instead of "newspaper.com") they found that speed was not an issue because people generally follow the speed limit.

>that absolutely no one that's not a heroin addict follows.

Conformation bias. Proof: if everyone significantly sped, then police would not have to resort to lowering speeds to get their quotas.
>>
>>30178004
Psychological torture > Physicsl Torture
>>
>>30178339
not the picture I wanted but its a highway I think so whatever
>>
>>30178373
Wew lad.
>>
>>30178339
pretty good they have more benefits then other cops IMO. Just make sure you have your vehicle laws down pat because thats mostly what youre dealing with. and dont have a weak stomach for car accidnets

also ive seen more troopers be a little abrasive but thats probably from being alone on the highway and not having any back up 15 minutes away
>>
>>30178366
>partition
>CT
See you're not getting the actuality of the issue, stop thinking like a brain dead ward of the state and realize that nothing gets done in this state if it even resembles lost revenue.

Lawful use of the roads dosent constitute those roads being used as a revenue source, that's why we don't have tolls.

>expecting the government to actually say "yes have more freedom, we were wrong"
You're cute, we've seen a drop in the number of accidents over recent years.
>the majority of people follow the speed limit to the T
That's not true at all. If it was we wouldn't see speed traps.

>police wouldn't have to resort to lowering speeds
They don't lower the speed, they keep it the same speed they've had it since 1950.

>quotas
That's another short falling of law enforcement, our lives and freedom should not be rounded into "quotas".
Law enforcement should choose to either be protectors of the people or modern day highwaymen stealing from the people.
It's ludicrous to think that there's quotas for speeding tickets but not quotas for abusive cops being fired or even convicted of crimes they've committed.
>>
>>30177951
Regarding checkpoints, I hear you about drunks avoiding them, but i know some are too lazy, uninformed, or (lol) drunk to avoid them and actually do get caught. I know I've had a couple nights driving home where i was lucky i didn't meet Johnny Law, and i also know i've gone through a checkpoint after having literally one or two beers with dinner and not been fucked with. I live in MO and they often publish the results of checkpoint operations here, and they usually take a fair # of DWIs, which I'm fine with. Also on the list sometimes are the numerous other petty infractions they hand out at checkpoints (like taillight out tickets), and that is kind of irksome.

In MO, we had a recent law passed that limited any jurisdiction to 15% (i think) of revenue from traffic tickets, because we had these dipshit little towns along i70 just setting up shop and raking in what amounted to sometimes 10k in fines PER DAY. Basically funding their shitty little town by predatory speed trapping. I was pulled over in one and the cop literally lied and said i was going 71 in a 60 (actually 63ish). He almost took me to jail because i basically called him a liar. But then he let me go with a warning, so who was lying?

If there's one thing it seems like we can agree on, it's that the few tend to fuck things up for the many, both Civs and LEOs. For every 10 cops, there's maybe 8 who are based and don't fuck with you over petty shit, and there'll be those 2 who just have to swing their dick around. You'd think they'd get better at NOT giving these people jobs. And for every few citizens who aren't hurting anyone, there's BLM.
>>
>>30178339
State Patrol gets paid less here
>>
>>30178486

>For every 10 cops, there's maybe 8 who are based and don't fuck with you over petty shit

and yet out of those 8, 6 will defend/cover up for the 2 shitty ones.
>>
>>30178486
>using the BLM boogeyman
>ignoring the fact of cops routinely killing unarmed black men

no, they weren't going to Harvard, but that doesn't mean you get to kill them and not face the repercussions

BLM was a good idea from a real problem that turned into a shitshow
>>
>>30178578
>muh unarmed black man
99% of those cases are justified
>>
>>30178603
yeah suuuuure they were
>>
>>30178638
I'll be sure to take your word on it
>>
>>30178638
>he waz a gud boy, turnin his lyfe aroun. Fissin ta go to coleg.
>>
>>30178114
Which are the majority of departments in the nation.
>>
>>30178660
and I'll be sure to take the word of an organization that finds no problem on seizing your property without charging you of any crime. Oh and routinely kill people and taze babies
>>
>>30178578
>being a nigger and/or nigger enabler
fuck off to tumblr.
>>
>>30178678
Do you think polys are hard to do? Pretty much every department uses them these days
>>
>>30178675
>he was poor and black who cares if he got shot 25 times in the back!
>>
>>30178681
I'm surprised the baby hasn't been brought up yet desu. It's all you guys can think of
>>
>>30178447
Cool story bro.

You are litterally saying democracy is dead in CT and the majority of the people are unable to elect representatives that can do what they wish.

ORRRRRRRR...

Most people dont mind the limits, and find speed limits to be a needed a needed part of basic road functions.

Hmm, ill go with the latter, being that its not full fucking retard. If you belive the former then get out of your moms jetta, off /k/, and do something about it.

Or, just stop speeding, kid.

Or hell, keep speeding and getting tickets, whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>30178683
>being a boot and/or a bootlicker

back to /pol/ you go
>>
>>30178705
I'd be a bootlicker over a nigger lmao.
>>
>>30178696

it's amazing how you ignore the fact that your Highway Robbery gang have carte blanche to efectively take my money if they feel like it
>>
>>30178713
Don't violate traffic laws endangering those around you and ya won't get a ticket.
>>
>>30178675
> committing any crime deserves an immediate death sentence
yeah sure, im sure you'll still be saying that when Shillary bans high caps and police kill you like a nigger
>>
>>30178731

see

>>30177661

specially the last link, bucko

>>30178711

glad to see that your racism is higher than your logic when analizing the situation of the police forces abusing their power
>>
>>30178713
Man, you must really hate taxes then.
>>
>>30178768

>paying taxes is the same and taking my cash because I "couldn't prove it came from a legitimate source so it must've came from drugs sorry sir we're going to have to keep it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJd4Q4u5cqU
>>
>>30178703
>CT
>Democracy
We're the home of one of the worst AWBs in the country, highest taxes, lowest voter participation, highest levels of state & local corruption, and lowest levels of retained rights and you want to talk about doing something? I protested in Hartford, I protested in Glastonbury, I read my piece infront on the state senate hearing I voted republican in the last 2 satiate elections.. I did what I could do.

I'll go with the former and admit that you have no idea how this state in particular, or most corrupt state & local government work.
>moms Jetta
It's always working when my fords in the shop and the Shelby is barried in the garage. Funny how it attracts tickets more than the little red sports car.

>enjoy defending the state when the state is taking your rights and stifling your ability to change the world around you
>>
>>30178799
So it seems the voteing populace disagree with you, no?
>>
>>30178844
But everyone should have MY political opinions! Because only I know what true freedom is!
>>
>>30178844
not him but
>what is gerrymandering
>>
>>30178862
Gerrymandering is irrelevent with low voter turnout, to be quite honest.
>>
>>30178797

this

https://reason.com/blog/2016/05/11/arkansas-trooper-steals-20000-because-no
>>
lmfao its amazing how fast the LEO/bootlickers shut up when their "protect and serve" modus operandi is brought up

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/world/story/1.2760736

in every /k/ thread they are all "DUN GET IN TROUBLE MMMMKAY" "JUST BE A GOOD LITTLE CITIZEN MMMKAY" til this comes up. then they magically dissapear

and I know some states are changing the laws around civ. forfeiture, but consider this Mr Serve and Protect: there had to be laws made in order to make it harder for you to be a fucking thief. think about that
>>
>>30177771
>Everyone I know is harassed by the cops!
Try to not act like a nigger and hang out with criminals. Cops have more important shit to do than take 20 minutes out of their day to yell at random people doing nothing.
>>
>>30178866
It's also meaningless when your state leads the country in corruption, from faked votes to rigged machines we've got it all.
>but nah your wrong the state is totally right and everyone loves getting speeding tickets and not having ARs

http://usuncut.com/politics/election-issues-primary/

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/politics/State-Representative-Charged-With-Violating-Election-Laws-277245181.html

https://truethevote.org/connecticut-democrat-cuts-deal-plead-guilty-voter-fraud-case-suspended-sentence
>>
>>30178578
Routinely...

I don't think that word means what you think it means...
>>
>>30177435
State troopers don't bust small time dealers. Talk to your local PD about that. Then learn what a jurisdiction is.
>>
>>30175727
Kill yourself.
>>
>>30177555
>Meme image response of peaceful gay being threatened by subhuman Russians
kys
>>
File: 1455573202354.jpg (91 KB, 422x600) Image search: [Google]
1455573202354.jpg
91 KB, 422x600
>>30175727

>The state calls its violence law, and that of the individual crime.

t. Sankt Max

Don't be a spook, or you'll get busted.
>>
>>30178929
> just be a good little bitch and they won't murder you and violate your rights
So were you born a cuck or was it a conscious choice?
>>
What about being a Conservation Officer?
Particularly Illinois...
>>
>>30179212
>Following basic laws and common sense makes you a cuck.

Wew lad
Wew lad.
>>
>>30177424
not looking at Somalia and other third world shit holes
>>
>>30179390
Tree cops are pretty bro-tier in my experience. It's a pretty boring job but they have a wide degree of flexability in how they enforce laws so most choose to take the easy way out if you're respectable and admit you made an honest mistake. Youll find most of a tree cops job is watching for people fishing in resivours and issuing warnings for fishing without a license. They have the power to take all your gear and imprison you but I've only heard of that happening for repeate poachers.
>>
>>30177132
libtards resort #1
#2 is wanna know how you're makein muh zone unsafe?
>>
>>30177317
noncop detected
>>
>>30176222
/thread
>>
>>30178660
lets see some dindu's that didn't do it
and ill show you how they did
>>
>>30175727

Friend of mine from college, we were both criminal justice majors, joined the force. He said basically study hard, don't fuck around during training. and you need to be able to keep your cool under pressure and communicate.

Also you need to have found your voice already. give commands etc.
>>
>>30177034

>well, being the religious leader of my people empowered by my people and by the spirits, it's perfectly fine that I regularly sacrifice humans because it's just way system works
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.