[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever done an M16/M203 buils?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: JHCM203-5.jpg (54 KB, 849x365) Image search: [Google]
JHCM203-5.jpg
54 KB, 849x365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI3kSdWvvrk
>>
b-bump
>>
If only I could have a 40mm with grenades then it would be worth it. The 37mm is literally worthless.
>>
>>30177467
I'm sure you can find info to build your own, with proper tools/mats of course, or the files to 3D print parts.
>>
>>30177519
ATF pls go.
>>
>>30177467
>>30177519
>>30177547
Airsoft m203's seem to be an option in the video. But watch it start melting or warping from the heat.
>>
>>30177467
>>30177592
You can have one for around, maybe less than, 2k including parts, transfers, and stamps... as long as DDs are legal in your state.
>>
>>30177592
Why in the fuck would you add that much weight so uselessly to your rifle? I don't fucking get it. Unless it's a 40mm it's worthless. And even if you had a 40mm you'd need grenades for it which are impossible to find.
>>
>>30177645
by "impossible to find" do you mean they're illegal or no one's selling them?
>>
>>30177645
Because they look fucking fantastic.

There are a shitload of builds, and regular weapons out there that aren't the most practical thing ever but people still like them
>>
>>30177671
You can get 40mm chalk training rounds but they're expensive and hard to find.
Explosive rounds need a $200 tax stamp... for each individual round.
>>
File: travishaley.png (675 KB, 1271x646) Image search: [Google]
travishaley.png
675 KB, 1271x646
>>30177689
Exactly. Not worth it. Use the money to buy ammo and get good with your rifle.
>>
I was a Grenadier in Iraq. I liked blowing things up. I didn't like the extra weight on my rifle.

Would have preferred that stand alone HK Nade launcher.
>>
>>30177671
They're a combination of:
>extremely rare
>extremely expensive (several hundred each plus a $200 DD tax stamp each, so upwards of a thousand dollars a shot)
>highly regulated (NFA item, destructive device)
>>
>>30177705
How late in Iraq? Cuz I was one as well.
>2005
HEDP for everything!
>2012
Never even saw an HEDP round, I got to carry a dozen flavors of illumination and smoke due to ROE
>shooting star clusters at people because didn't have anything better
>they worked, I guess. That or I caught already-dead people on fire a couple times.
>>
>>30177645
My buddy got a plate carrier and an m203 from a working party in Iraq when they were destroying gear. That's what I'd always say, "where the fuck you going to get 40 mm rounds?"
>>
>>30177689
>>30177724
man, ATF sucks dick
>>
>>30177724
Several hundred? Maybe 10 years ago. HE rounds are up to a few grand per round + tax stamp now.
>>
>>30175124
Funny story, me and buddy are taking a piss, rifles against side of vehicle, shots start flying, buddy grabs my rifle by accident and starts firing back, i grab his which was a 203, squad leader tells me to shoot a 40mm over at the little hut shooters were at. All i know is how to load and fire, not sure how to use the sights, so i guesstimate and fire. End up hitting dead on to where i wanted to hit, squad leader and buddy say great shot, go back to camp, get told to switch my A2 switched out for a 203 i have a new position. Fuck my life now i gotta carry heavy ass 203 and rounds.
>>
>>30177705
>m320
>not an overweight underperforming abomination
Also good luck switching to the appropriate weapon in a timely manner under pressure.
>>
>>30177671
Now anon, why do you think a FUCKING LIVE EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE would be hard to get legally here?
>>
>>30177645
Why are you such a debby downer?
>>
>>30177840
how did you not know how to use the sights or were you unfamiliar with them since infantry school? was this during the first push?
>>
>>30177467
There are 37mm underslung nade launchers that can handle capping HE rounds.

You need to register it as a DD with the ATF, and for rounds, you load 37mm milled shells and have THEM registered as DDs. Yeah it'll be a bitch to the wallet, but you can then reload them all you want with your own version of HE 37mm grenades.

It's a damn expensive investment but nothing is really stopping you.
>>
>>30175124
I just want to have the M203 launcher handguards for asthetica and without the grenade sight and underbarreled launchef
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.